Please share your medical exam experiances....

FunLover2000

Registered Users (C)
After calling several doctors, I found out a doctor in El Monte, CA who quoted $140 for Medical exam + vaccinations. Kids $70 only! $50 for X-Ray is extra (if needed).

I went this Monday for medical exam. And going today (wednesday) afternoon for my TB skin test result.

Please share your experiances which will benefit many who became current now.

In Dallas, TX, a doc is charging 85$ for basic physical, and blood tests, XRays and immunizations extra. I am going today .. will keep everyone posted!

Ok. Got mine done today. Doc charged 85$ for Physical, HIV test (blood test) and TB Skin test. We have to go back in 48 hours to see the results of the skin test (they inject medicine just below skin, and it will have a reaction if TB is positive).

My wife did not have Titenus current (Titenus has 10 year validity). The Civil Surgeon asked for $50 for Titenus, but we chose to go to our PCP. We like to have the record at one place, and it might be covered by insurance.

Will go back on Friday to let them check the TB test and they will give me the sealed envelope. For my wife, we will have to carry proof that she got Titenus by our PCP.

We got TB Skin test done. As we don't about our MMR, we got MMR shots too. We already had Tetanus and no more shots.

One has to wait around 48 Hours for skin test result and we got +ve. Immediately referred for X-Ray and waiting for the result.

our tests

My husband, my kids and I had our exams this monday.

We brought my children's records so they're ok with immunization, my husband and I were told we needed tetanus and MMR. They were charging $27 and $57 but we went to the Public Health Dpt. and paid $5 each and brought the proof back to the doctor's office.

My children and I didn't have reaction to the TB skin test, so we have our sealed envelope with a copy for our records. My husband had x-ray and we're still waiting for his results.

What immunizations are required for the 485????????
My husband, my kids and I had our exams this monday.

We brought my children's records so they're ok with immunization, my husband and I were told we needed tetanus and MMR. They were charging $27 and $57 but we went to the Public Health Dpt. and paid $5 each and brought the proof back to the doctor's office.

My children and I didn't have reaction to the TB skin test, so we have our sealed envelope with a copy for our records. My husband had x-ray and we're still waiting for his results.

Immunizations Needed

Hi,

Just today I completed my medicals. We took our TB test on tuesday. Went back on thursday for the TB check. Came out negative. So no need to take Xray's. Just got my two shots. One was Tetanus and the other one is MMR. Also, my doctor gave me a copy of all the reports.

immunization records?

did you need to provide any immunization record from childhood? If so, what is the acceptable immunization record from india? :confused:

Hi,

Just today I completed my medicals. We took our TB test on tuesday. Went back on thursday for the TB check. Came out negative. So no need to take Xray's. Just got my two shots. One was Tetanus and the other one is MMR. Also, my doctor gave me a copy of all the reports.

My Doctor did not ask me any medical records from India. Just the usual questions like whether you smoke? Nothing else. Told me that I need to get two shots. One is Tetanus and the other one was MMR. That's it.

Hope this helps your question.

We got a medical checkup done last week. Cost us 150 for physical in California , vaccines and blood tests were extra (130). X-ray if required is 50.
To know what shots are required, we got Titer tests done for MMR and Chicken Pox.

If you haven't had chicken pox in your childhood, you need to take that shot. Similarly for MMR. We also got a TDAP shot for Tetanus which is valid for 10 yrs. A blood test for HIV and a skin test for TB is also a must.

Take a printout of the tests required from the govt website to confirm.

I paid $250 for my medicals (Philadelphia, PA):
$150 for exam, blood test, etc.
$100 for vaccination ($60 for MMR and $40 for TT)

Some friend paid $340 (needed more vaccination).

can anybody tell me the validity of the medical / lab reports. I have taken most of the tests (except TB skin test) 6 months back. Are they valid now, can i submit them with my applicaiton. Or should i take the tests again.. Thanks!!!

can anybody tell me the validity of the medical / lab reports. I have taken most of the tests (except TB skin test) 6 months back. Are they valid now, can i submit them with my applicaiton. Or should i take the tests again.. Thanks!!!

Hi pmg76,

I beleive the medicals are valid for one year. You should be fine. Just talk to your attorney.

TB Skin test

thanks kosu!!!

hmmmmm. one of the doctors told me that the TB skin test is good for 30 days. The entire medical report is valid for 1 year only if it was conducted by the USCIS civil surgeon. But if you had the TB Skin test by someone else and that too more than 30 days ago then it's likely that you have to get the test done again. but check with a few doctors to get a firm answer.

Just today I completed my medicals. We took our TB test on Monday. Went back today for TB skin test and HIV test results. All came out negative. So no need to take Xray's. Just got my Three shots. One was Tetanus and the 2nd one is MMR. and 3rd one is Vericilla .Also, my doctor gave me a copy of all the reports..and showed me all docs before putting into a sealed envelop.

Clinic Location Tampa, FL

Medical checkup

Hi,

Can some one suggest a good USCIS doctor in Boston, MA. Also can some one please summarize all the tests/procedures that needs to be done as part of the I-485 medical.

Thanks

Hello,

so what about Heb B shots. The doctor told me that he will not sign of until that is done as well. The full course of that can take about 5 months.

Are only 3 hots required then. MMR, Vircella and TD. Is it not Vircella a 2 mont course.

Can you please update with what shots are required.

Thanks!

I had +ve TB Skin Test but X-ray was normal. My Doctor wrote 20 mm of DOT for my TB Skin test in my I-693. On top of that he wrote >> ADV INH Therapy<< in Remark area of I-693. Do I have to take that course or there are any chances of having RFE ??
I know I am little bit panic but I am happy atleast he gave sealed envelop.