Please read and explain about violation of status if stayed for more than 180 days or more?

adis

Registered Users (C)
This was from 107 Congress. Could anyone explain what this means to us. Does this section have anything to do with the 3 and 10 years ban if someone is out of status for more than 180 days and more?

Due Process and Civil Liberties

S.955 Support

Immigrant Fairness Restoration Act of 2001:

Introduced by Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Bob Graham (D-FL), S. 955 would provide comprehensive reform of the 1996 immigration laws, including: eliminating mandatory and indefinite detention; eliminating the bars to admissibility for unlawful presence; restoring waivers of certain grounds of inadmissibility established by the 1996 laws; and restoring due process, proportionality, judicial discretion, and judicial review to immigration law.

184 days

Yes, I\'ve been 184 days out of status . The first time 174 (1997, I had Visa but my I94 expired)and a year later I was 10 more days. I got my H1B and I left/ reenter the country 29 times without any problem. Before processing my I-485 through consular processing I told this to my lawyer and he told not go. Do it hiere in the US and do not leave the country. He said I was "Lucky" at custom (29 times?) now I don\'t not what to do.

When are they suppose to treat this bill?

Thanks!!!!

No Title

I dont know wheather the President has signed this particular bill, and thats why when I saw it I posted it here in case if anyone here have heard wheather it has been signed or not or the status of the bill.

?

I don\'t think your I-94 expiring would mean being out of status, it is only when you don\'t have a valid visa. So I don\'t think you were out of status for even a single day...

is every potential immigrant\'s dream. It is a proposed legislation and it was rejected by the judiciary committee (post sept 11). There are many such legislations...