Please Post Your Approvals Here

july2004filer said:
Hi guys,

I got 6 emails this morning (3 for Card ordered message, 3 for approval notice sent messages) regarding my green card application approval. It is quite exciting and I double checked the receit number and verified it is mine.

Still need to wait to get the approvals for my wife.

Cheers!

Hi Congratulations! It looks like you filed in the EB-1 OR category - why did it take so long? Where you stuck in name check? Did you take any affirmative measures like filing a WOM etc?

I filed in the EB1-OR in Jan 2005 - stuck in name check.

Help!!

saknia said:
Hi Manny

Iam not sure what is your other Evaluation. Was it done Course by Course

Regarding your approach for Equivalent : Just a word of caution

When you say Bachelors or Equivalent the Equivalent has to be matching with the Bachelors. It cannot be a lesser Degree ( in this case the 3 Years you have).USCIS may not buy that arugument as otherwise it will become a precedence. They can aapprove cases based on Individual valuations.

Attorney's suggest to go for PERM which is the best bet for 3 Year Degree Guys and advise to mention Bachelors or Associate or equivalent ( best is Just Associate or Equ) in New PERM.

Let us know how your case goes. This might be useful for others

Saknia,
I reckon you indicate that a course-by-course evaluation will work better instead of trying to make the "equivalent" argument.

Has anyone got 140 approval by submitting such an evaluation (3yr=4yr US)? Did USCIS accept that evaluator as an authoritative source? Please PM me details of evaluator in that case.
Many thanks!!

Approved

We got the approval letter from Atlanta DO dated 11/28. It says service center will mail the card in 9 to 12 months. Since it was in local office. We did not see any LUD.
Waht is next?
When should I expect the actual card?
Thank you everybody for the valuable information and the support.
Good Luck. I hope everybody will hear the good news for their cases very soon.

Congratulations on your first day of freedom 1moreDay. No more days to wait!!!!
--Naveen Oshos

card mailed

Hi,

I got 3 more messages this morning regarding "card mailed."

my case is EB1 OR. It took so long because of name check. I did not do anything particular, just wait as most folks here do. In late October after our 2nd FP, I visited local congressman's office and learnt that our name checks were done.

Inquiries do not provide any clue. One suggestion I can make to the folks here waiting for GC approval is to contact your local congressman's office. There they can directly request to have the details of the cases. In my case, they informed me that our name check was finished and cases were ready for judification.

with best wishes,

--

akayal1973 said:
Hi Congratulations! It looks like you filed in the EB-1 OR category - why did it take so long? Where you stuck in name check? Did you take any affirmative measures like filing a WOM etc?

I filed in the EB1-OR in Jan 2005 - stuck in name check.

Got emails

Hello Friends,

on 11/26 we got 12 emails of our 485 approvals. I am thankful to UnitedNations and Mr Rajiv Khanna , both helped me to get this done.
My history.....
Company filed my Labor approved in 2 years ,Comapny filed my I-140 and finally got approved in 20 days. Then they did not want to file 485 , as they wanted me to keep as a slave. I was really a slave. Had no option. Might be you guys know all those things......I used to work for BIG 5 and got laid off in 2001. so I came know know about these desi shops. I became am employee for a desi shop in 2001. They flied my lab in 2001, got approved in 2003 exactly in 2 years. Then after my so many requests they filed my I-140 and got approved in 20 days.

After than my tough days started......they were just making an excuse not to file i-485, I filed by myself without having approval copy of 140. I just printed ot my status of 140 from site and sent out documents for 485. It took exactly 2 years to get my 485 approved.
I filed AC21 sent out all required documents. exactly after 6 months of filing 485.

Below is my details:
EB2
Labor Filed- 1/2002
Labour Approved -3/2004
I-140 filed- 8/2004
I-140 approved- 9/2004
filed for FOIA- 9/2004
Received all papers-11/2004
Filed 1-485- 11/2004
filed AC21-6/2005
1st Finger P- 3/2005
Called VCS- Name check completed 3/2006
2ns FP- 10/2006
I485 -11/26 Got emails...for approvals.

11/30- Card Ordered....

Waitng for email that Card been shipped?
Care not received YET..

Please let me know if anyone get Card shipped email?

Regards
rahbaj
rahbaj1974@yahoo.com

rahbaj said:
Hello Friends,

on 11/26 we got 12 emails of our 485 approvals. I am thankful to UnitedNations and Mr Rajiv Khanna , both helped me to get this done.
My history.....
Company filed my Labor approved in 2 years ,Comapny filed my I-140 and finally got approved in 20 days. Then they did not want to file 485 , as they wanted me to keep as a slave. I was really a slave. Had no option. Might be you guys know all those things......I used to work for BIG 5 and got laid off in 2001. so I came know know about these desi shops. I became am employee for a desi shop in 2001. They flied my lab in 2001, got approved in 2003 exactly in 2 years. Then after my so many requests they filed my I-140 and got approved in 20 days.

After than my tough days started......they were just making an excuse not to file i-485, I filed by myself without having approval copy of 140. I just printed ot my status of 140 from site and sent out documents for 485. It took exactly 2 years to get my 485 approved.
I filed AC21 sent out all required documents. exactly after 6 months of filing 485.

Below is my details:
EB2
Labor Filed- 1/2002
Labour Approved -3/2004
I-140 filed- 8/2004
I-140 approved- 9/2004
filed for FOIA- 9/2004
Filed 1-485- 11/2004
filed AC21-6/2005
1st Finger P- 3/2005
2ns FP- 10/2006

11/30- Card Ordered....

Care not received YET..

Regards
rahbaj
rahbaj1974@yahoo.com
Congratulations...You really went through the troubles, Enjoy.

Wow!!!! You really took your revenge from those guys... Congrats on your apporval!!!!
--Naveen Oshos
rahbaj said:
Hello Friends,

My history.....

Below is my details:
EB2
Labor Filed- 1/2002
Labour Approved -3/2004
I-140 filed- 8/2004
I-140 approved- 9/2004
filed for FOIA- 9/2004
Filed 1-485- 11/2004
filed AC21-6/2005
1st Finger P- 3/2005
2ns FP- 10/2006

11/30- Card Ordered....

Care not received YET..

Regards
rahbaj
rahbaj1974@yahoo.com

Congratulations! Your company really took advantage of you - I couldn't believe what you went through! But, enjoy your freedom now!

I just checked my email. I was very surprised to see this case update. 3 same emails saying that new card ordered. What does this means? Senator office told me today that VSC will transfer my case to local office. Hope this is true and this is the end of my journey. I filed I485 in March 05. EB2.

By the way, I did not receive the approval notice or update. Is this normal?

Below is my current case status:

On December 15, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Rest in peace now, you are through.
--Naveen Oshos
forxp said:
I just checked my email. I was very surprised to see this case update. 3 same emails saying that new card ordered. What does this means? Senator office told me today that VSC will transfer my case to local office. Hope this is true and this is the end of my journey. I filed I485 in March 05. EB2.

By the way, I did not receive the approval notice or update. Is this normal?

Below is my current case status:

On December 15, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

a little update on my case: on line status changed today saying that the new card was mailed and I should get it within 30 days. :p :p . this is the best holiday gift for me. Hope you all get one like this. Now, I am just waiting for my wife's case. Now LUD for the past several months. Maybe we should remind USCIS of this. :rolleyes:

I-485 Approved: Vermont Service

Priority Date: May 2002,
EB2, India
I-485: Submitted Jan 28 2004
I-140: Approved Jan 2005
FP1: Jan 2005, Code1
FP2: Code 1, October 23rd 2006
I-485: approved, 19th December 2006
NO RFE

"Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 19, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.""

GC Jouney Complete!

Folks -After nearly 5.5 years, our GC jouney is over! Please see signature below for details.
I've been a silent reader/observer. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It kept my GC quest honest.

All I can say is please get the necessary help from AILA, Congressmen, lawyers. Never lose hope..and please be patient!

Best of luck ....

gc_enigma said:
Folks -After nearly 5.5 years, our GC jouney is over! Please see signature below for details.
I've been a silent reader/observer. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It kept my GC quest honest.

All I can say is please get the necessary help from AILA, Congressmen, lawyers. Never lose hope..and please be patient!

Best of luck ....

congratulation! I am stuck in name check. Have contacted congressman, senator. They have basically said that my FBI name check is still pending. My lawyer recently sent a letter to the AILA liaision. Does the AILA thing help?