Please Post Your Approvals Here

Approved

Mine & Spouse cases has been Approved. Four years of Greencard journey is over. Never called INS except Address change. Good luck to you all.

PD - Apr 2001(NJ/EB3)
I140 - July 2002 AD - Feb 2003
I485 RD-12/05/04 AD - 12/28/04
RFE: EVL , 6 Paystubs & W2.
FP2 - 9/25/04

Approved

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
i still cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are they serious????????????????????
USCIS approved me???????????????????
no way!
yes, believe it, its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 years, 3 months, 24 days ive lived in the USA!
its finally over :D
what am i going to do now? what is the purpose of living?
some of you reading this will truly understand and appreciate the humor (and tragedy) associated with this momentous approval.
NO MORE BEING WALKED ON BY AN EMPLOYER!

okay, enough gloating....here are my details:

EB2, RIR, LABOUR CERT, STATE OF MA, concurrent

RD 11/14/03
ND 11/19/03
FP notice 10/15/04
FP done 11/04/04

I-129 approved 4/5/02
I-131 approved 3/3/04 - advanced parole
I-765 approved 3/4/04 - EAD
I-140 approved 6/18/04 :) :D :cool: :p
I-485 approved 12/28/04 :D :) :p

ONLY 1 LUD on the i485 which was 12/10/04 but there was no update in status until this morning!!! it says:

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On December 28, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Thank you to all! there is hope, hang in there, i know its painful. douglas :cool:

Approved on Dec 29th, 2004..RD Jan 26, 2004

Great news..
Finally after going through a very anxious period over the last one month (after knowing the news of priority date retrogression)..the news of approval came as a great relief to me.

My 485 is approved today.

Details as follows:

RD - Jan 26, 2004, ND - Jan 29, 2004
First message change since 'received' message. NO FP message update (sent or received). Only 2 LUD changes on 12/16 and 12/17
Applied for AP on 12/10 for me and my wife.
LUD for approval message on 12/29

My wife's 485 was applied only on April,2004.
NO FP notice yet on her case..
Wife's 485 LUD also changed on 12/16 and 12/17

Question to the experts -
Will my wife's case be stuck in the PD retrogression?

WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR PENDING 485 Applicants..

Could someone please update the 2004 tracker.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for sharing their valuable experiences going through the GC process.

485 Approved!

I had my FP1 on 11/19/04
and 485 approved on 12/16/04.

EAC032435****

RD - 8/29/2003

Someone please update the tracker if you can.
Thanks.

Finally Approved AC21 case

AC21 case
changed company twice during i485 and i am finally approved
got an email yesterday
Still waiting for my wifes approval

i1485
nd:04/17/03
Fp:12/18/03
ad:12/29/04

Hi Cbeking,

Congratulations for 485 approval !.

Please help me understand your case . Are you saying you got your 485 approved even without any FP (Finger Printing) notice or request ?

Can we get 485 approved without being asked before to do a 485 finger printing ? Please Clarify.

Thanks - Tigirs.

cbeking said:
Great news..
Finally after going through a very anxious period over the last one month (after knowing the news of priority date retrogression)..the news of approval came as a great relief to me.

My 485 is approved today.

Details as follows:

RD - Jan 26, 2004, ND - Jan 29, 2004
First message change since 'received' message. NO FP message update (sent or received). Only 2 LUD changes on 12/16 and 12/17
Applied for AP on 12/10 for me and my wife.
LUD for approval message on 12/29

My wife's 485 was applied only on April,2004.
NO FP notice yet on her case..
Wife's 485 LUD also changed on 12/16 and 12/17

Question to the experts -
Will my wife's case be stuck in the PD retrogression?

WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR PENDING 485 Applicants..

Could someone please update the 2004 tracker.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for sharing their valuable experiences going through the GC process.

FP was done for me on 9/25

Hi Tigris,
Thank you...
I had my FP done on 9/25...
My wife's FP is not done ....hence her 485 is not approved yet...
FP is a MUST for 485 approval...

Hope this clarifies...

tigris said:
Hi Cbeking,

Congratulations for 485 approval !.

Please help me understand your case . Are you saying you got your 485 approved even without any FP (Finger Printing) notice or request ?

Can we get 485 approved without being asked before to do a 485 finger printing ? Please Clarify.

Thanks - Tigirs.

My I-94 is expired in June 2004, will it be accepted for Stamping

Hi, I got I-485 approvals for both me and my wife 1 week back. I have also taken Infopass appointment on 4th Jan 2005. My only concern is, I don't have the latest H1 and H4 with me now. My I-94 is expired on June 2004 . Does any body know, whether these I-94s will be accepted for stamping ? Will I have any issues during Infopass appointment. You know, I don't want to mess up anything at the extreme last stage of this gruesome GC process. I will really appriciate.

Thanks

4th Dec 2003 - EB3 Approved

Wasn't expecting the emails until another year or so due to dates retogression but was surprised to see that our (me and spouse) 485 was approved on Dec 30th 2004.

I have a question : Does passport stamping depend on priority dates?

Best wishes to all.

Regards,

Neely said:
Wasn't expecting the emails until another year or so due to dates retogression but was surprised to see that our (me and spouse) 485 was approved on Dec 30th 2004.
I have a question : Does passport stamping depend on priority dates?
Best wishes to all.
Regards,
No, for stamping take a infopass appointment. Can you post your ND, PD, FP1 and LUDs ?

MD_Rockville

Thanks for reply.

Here are my details

Labor Applied Jan 2003
485 ND November 28th 2003
485 RD December 4h 2003
FP1 October First Week 2004
NO LUD Change after FP
LUD1 12/10/2004 No Message Change

In beween these dates I also got EAD , AP for myself and spouse.

Best Wishes to U for your GC journey

My GC experience

I would like to thank the group and Rajeev for hosting such a wonderful newgroup for support and look for the answers while going through this difficult and painful process - where I felt helpless and powerless and ready to give-up. I got answers for the questions that even my company lawyer did not have or had time to answer. My application was not a prority for them. My experience was similiar to others. My experience with my Company Lawyer and HR department was more painful than INS (now BCIS). The online status check provided by BCIS is a great boon for me. I could atleast track the status of my application. Before that the lawyer would not bother to call me before the last two weeks to reply to RFE - that happened for my LC.

(1) They took one year to prepare LC documents with Advertizement after getting approval from my manager. (My manager approved my GC in July 2000 and they filled for my LC in Aug 2001). My application was not a prority

(2) Lawyer did so many stupid mistakes in my application starting from related Job title to not attaching the passport photocopy with EAD/AP etc that I got RFEs even for EAD/AP.

Getting back to real business - enough of my rumbilings -
Following are my details

I did my finger printing on 2nd Nov and after that my LUD changed couple of times for two weeks. Then it did not change for 3 weeks till I-485 approval.

Fingerprinting Experience-
I went 2 hours before my appointment time. But they would not accept before 30 minutes the appointment time.
- My appointment was at 2.00 pm and it took me less than an hour to get fingerprinted. I was told by the person at the parking lot that that day was a slow day.

My experience at fingerprinting very well organized and very quick. I called FBI after 4 days of my finger printing and they told me that they have sent the reply to BCIS back. I was really impressed with their quick turn around service - Sorry I am comparing to my companys' legal department.

Interview Experience at Newark
I took the Infopass appointment the day I received the email about my approval. I got the interview date 14 days out on 23 Dec. I went to the Newark only 20 minutes before the schedule time (as advised by the other people on the newsgroup and my experience with Finger Printing). I got little jittery after online LUD changed after two days of approval email though the message remains the same. I received the Approval letter in mail after four working days after the approval e-mail.

The PP stamping interview day was also a slow day - I got my Passport stamped in 1.45 hours. They did Name check before stamping and it took less than 20-30 minutes after I gave the officer to verify my documents before calling me for stamping. Then I went for SSN change - It took much longer - 2 hours than I expected.

You need
1. I-485 Approval Letter
2. Two passport type Photos
3. EAD
4. AP
5. Valid Passport
6.I-94

As I had taken whole day off - I tried to get my Driver Licensed changed too - Right now my driving license has Work permit restriction and expires after 90 days my EAD expires. But the NJ Driving center does not accept the Passport Stamped as enough to give unrestricted driving license. They want plastic card.

I felt calling FBI for Finger Printing and sending an email for Name Check helped my case. Though I have not received any answer about the Name Check from FBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
yaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooo ... approved

Happy to update ... abt receiving four sweet emails today for the 485 approval ... for me and wife ...

I have been a silent spectator so far to this forum but have appreciated and gained lot of good knowledge from the valuable comments posted by the fellow forum colleagues ... u guys are all great and and i hope for speedy approvals for you all ..... hang in there guys ... there is indeed light at the other end of the tunnel ...

With regards to my case details ... its as follows -
EB3 ... Labor Subst (PD 08/99)
140 RD-08/03, AD-12/06 :)
Self and Spouse 485 RD-09/03, AD-01/05 :) :) :)
FP - 09/03

No LUD changes on 140 or 485 (after FP) ... no RFE ...

12/03/03 RD approved on 1/6/05

Got the magic e-mails from USCIS today.

Thanks to this forum, and good luck to everyone with pending applications.

My details are as follows:

I-140/485 (EB2 and EB3):
RD: 12/3/03
140 AD: some time in June
FP: 10/16
LUD: 12/10 (FP received); 12/13 (message unchanged)
485 AD: 1/6/04

I-485 approved today 01/06/2005

Got the magic e-mails from USCIS today.

Thanks to this forum members and Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing this web site, and good luck to everyone with pending applications.

For details look at my signature...