Please Post to have a count on OCT/2001

Greengreengreen, That is a great idea and we guys can go and update whenever we get any info from INS...Thanks for the effort...

TrackerSpreadsheet

Friends

I have added as many people as I could find on this thread and on a similar thread started by Kia. Please update your information on this spreadsheet . Also please add your information on rupnet . Kia, was curious if you got your RFE in the mail. Please post details once you have the info..

Thanks..

Hi, diansour, long time no see, I wish U a nice holidays!

to green and bumas, thanks very much first to summary the inofrmation, but at current situation, I don't think any inofrmation can make difference since it's a total deadlock. Have a nice holidays and enjoy.

Originally posted by dinosaur
For those who did not see this in the other thread -

RD Oct 1, 01
RD Oct 1, ND 11/20

I called IIO today - here is the dialogue:

The lady asked my "Did you call a week back?" I said "No, I called 3 weeks back". she said "so why are you calling again?" I said - To know if the status of my 485 has changed.

She said that they are working on Oct 1 cases and the it will be delayed - by about 60 days - because of the homeland security backlog. You will hear something by February - she said.

I asked whether this was a general comment for Oct cases or was it specific to my case - she said this is general. I asked - has my case been picked up - she said no.

I said that the official date has moved to Oct 15 so what is the reason - she said that they are working on Oct 1 cases so yours is in the right place - you need to call if you do not hear something by Feb.

It seems everyone is getting RFE's based on the posts...I do not know whether my case got assigned yet or not...Waiting for something to happen...

greengreengreen, Did you get any inofrmation about your case?As i know you have also been told that the case has not been asigned yet i am wondering if you made any calls to IIO afterwards...I am planning to call them by Jan 1st week so that to get hold of my EAD renewal atleast....Please update

bumas
I spoke to my attorney at great length about my case. She says that since no I-485 approvals are going through at this time (security checks and all..) and the pace of I-485 will slow down even further. She says if we don't hear by the end of 18 months, there she might call up INS ..there is no point in calling up before that.. I am going to sit tight and wait till Mid Feb. Let me know if you find anything.
At this point, I have all but lost hopes..:(

From Murthy Chat....

Question One : When will the "freeze" be over?

Answer : It appears that, at least for I-485 (Adjustment of Status)
cases, there has been a thawing of the "freeze." As we reported December
20, 2002 in our article, "Update on Processing Delays"
<http://www.murthy.com/ukupdat2.html >, the INS states that they have
nearly completed their upgrade of the computer background check systems.
This will allow them to obtain the needed feedback. They stated that
they are currently able to obtain the needed information, but that the
"freeze" has created a backlog.

EDITORIAL COMMENTS : In tracking our own I-485 cases, we received what
we believe to be the first "post-freeze" approval. The Law Office of
Sheela Murthy received an I-485 approval from the Vermont Service Center
(VSC) last week. The case, filed November 30, 2001, was approved
December 16, 2002. The notice arrived a few days after the approval. Prior to
the receipt of this notice, our Office experienced a three-week break
in approval notices. Given our caseload, this three-week hiatus was
unusual and attributable to the "freeze." We will continue to track these
matters.

greengreengreen, from this i see they have started the approvals...Hopefully we will get it soon...My worry is if i do not get approval atleast i need to get my ead renewal...

bumas
I got both my EAD and Advance parole approval long time back, My co has a policy of applying both 5 mths in advance. Hope you get yours soon.
Pls post what you find if you happen to speak to IIO

Spoke to IIO today
She was very polite, asked her if my case was assigned to an officer, she said no. She said that my file was in processing, as in undergoing the necessary checks and all. I asked her if she was referring to the new check, she said she had no way of knowing that. She indicated that the files goes back and forth from the shelf to the officer while in processing, it does not sit on an officer's desk. She said that I should call by the end of Feb if I do not hear from them by then. Also, she said that the last activity on my file was 20th of Dec - whatever that was.

Oct/12/01

Count me 2

RD: Oct/12/01
ND: Nov/29/01
AD: ?????????:rolleyes: :confused:

Lets Hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
oct 1st and 2nd week filers
if possible please update the spreadsheet on this thread with your status, sunnykav is approved on rupnet.