Please Join the Campaign to Reduce the Greencard Backlog

Chanduv's claim that USCIS revrsed its decision last july and accepted 485s and issued EAD's because of rallies and protests is laughable.
USCIS reversed it's decision because AILA lobbied hard with political bosses and ofcourse AILA did because most attorney had worked in a fortnight in the last few days of June to file as much 485's as possible.
protests and pleadings would not have any effect on USCIS.

While AILA claimed that lawsuit is imminent, IV announced positive news, AILA claimed it is a roumor, IV stood by what it claimed. IV was a part of the massive efforts and IV did work with offices of Rep Lofgren.

Do not underestimate IVs efforts, neither do i underestimate AILA efforts. IV has been solely responsible to generate a lot of publicity about the dark issues and if we see changes it is primarily because of persistent lobbying efforts.

It is easy to say trashy things about IV. You need guts to do what IV is doing or standing by. IV has a strong foundation of people who believe in getting things done and there is no room for pessimism

what a joke!

Chanduv's claim that USCIS revrsed its decision last july and accepted 485s and issued EAD's because of rallies and protests is laughable.
USCIS reversed it's decision because AILA lobbied hard with political bosses and ofcourse AILA did because most attorney had worked in a fortnight in the last few days of June to file as much 485's as possible.
protests and pleadings would not have any effect on USCIS.

thanks i needed the laugh...long day!
you sure live in la la land.

aila threatened...no huffed and puffed...and did...zilch.
who filed the lawsuit? an independent attorney.
who met lawmakers? iv and many people in the community
who created a media storm with the flower campaign? iv
who had meetings in the White House with the administration? iv
who was the first to announce that a favorable decision was coming? iv
who said it was just a rumour? you know, don't you?

but then, you are happy in la la land.
many of us are not happy sitting with our hands under our butts and whining away about GC delays and our interrupted lives. we feel the need to make our voices heard. those many of us are iv and other suchlike organizations. and to be sure...aila too.

but not you.
you lack the moral and every other authority to look down at others. that is why people like me usually ignore your kind. and will do so after this little detour. just felt like stopping by to underline your worth....

as for those who are afraid..and who think they are "pissing USCIS off"...and that it's all "useless, please read this carefully:

forever (well feels like that for 2 years) we have been told it's useless. well, we have shown that a community together can achieve- we have brought our issues to the front. we have met administration officials, senators and house members. we have created an awareness that EB issues need to be resolved.

people were scared to rally, scared to meet lawmakers, scared to fax, scared to call, scared to even acknowledge we existed. instead today we have a seat at the table. in these two years of iv, i have personally:
met senate and house staffers and counsel, congress members, administration officials and been invited to DC to a task force meeting convened by a key senator on skilled immigration.
what's more, i'm not alone. many have shared such experiences. iv members were the only legal immigrants that were invited to testify at a MI senate hearing last month on the drivers license issue.

we started like everyone else. unsure and apprehensive. today we are a bolder community that understands why this country prospers and why we have tied our futures to it- because it allows us a voice without penalty. because we get a respectful hearing even in the corridors of ultimate power.

multiple iv leaders including aman kapoor the most visible face of iv have got green cards in these last two years...so why would you (or me)..the little minions be scared of big brother?

we are not pissing anyone off. we are requesting administrative (not legislative) relief - from a friendly Bush regime. uscis is not the concerned party (incidentally we talk to uscis directly too). the changes will come from the administration and DHS. they have already indicated their agreement in principal. now we need them to act. and for that we need to build momentum....with 5 minutes of your time and a few cents for stamps. is that really asking too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks i needed the laugh...long day!
you sure live in la la land.

aila threatened...no huffed and puffed...and did...zilch.
who filed the lawsuit? an independent attorney.
who met lawmakers? iv and many people in the community
who created a media storm with the flower campaign? iv
who had meetings in the White House with the administration? iv
who was the first to announce that a favorable decision was coming? iv
who said it was just a rumour? you know, don't you?

but then, you are happy in la la land.
many of us are not happy sitting with our hands under our butts and whining away about GC delays and our interrupted lives. we feel the need to make our voices heard. those many of us are iv and other suchlike organizations. and to be sure...aila too.

but not you.
you lack the moral and every other authority to look down at others. that is why people like me usually ignore your kind. and will do so after this little detour. just felt like stopping by to underline your worth....

as for those who are afraid..and who think they are "pissing USCIS off"...and that it's all "useless, please read this carefully:

forever (well feels like that for 2 years) we have been told it's useless. well, we have shown that a community together can achieve- we have brought our issues to the front. we have met administration officials, senators and house members. we have created an awareness that EB issues need to be resolved.

people were scared to rally, scared to meet lawmakers, scared to fax, scared to call, scared to even acknowledge we existed. instead today we have a seat at the table. in these two years of iv, i have personally:
met senate and house staffers and counsel, congress members, administration officials and been invited to DC to a task force meeting convened by a key senator on skilled immigration.
what's more, i'm not alone. many have shared such experiences. iv members were the only legal immigrants that were invited to testify at a MI senate hearing last month on the drivers license issue.

we started like everyone else. unsure and apprehensive. today we are a bolder community that understands why this country prospers and why we have tied our futures to it- because it allows us a voice without penalty. because we get a respectful hearing even in the corridors of ultimate power.

multiple iv leaders including aman kapoor the most visible face of iv have got green cards in these last two years...so why would you (or me)..the little minions be scared of big brother?

we are not pissing anyone off. we are requesting administrative (not legislative) relief - from a friendly Bush regime. uscis is not the concerned party (incidentally we talk to uscis directly too). the changes will come from the administration and DHS. they have already indicated their agreement in principal. now we need them to act. and for that we need to build momentum....with 5 minutes of your time and a few cents for stamps. is that really asking too much?

Paskal - thanks for the wonderful response. I am still taken by surprise on how the community percieves things. Things get defficult for us - the main reason is because of how we act. if we were cooperative, unified, and stood up strongly for a cause, we would never have faced such issues that we are facing. The community still lives in a state of denial and hypocracy. I think it takes time for people to realise how important it is to step up.

I sincerely hope people come forward and not give into pessimism

Paskal

You provided a very well-thought and organised response in your note. You have indicated that EB immigrants have got a seat on the table through IV. You have also cited the example of IV members having been asked to testify for MI drivers license issue. I was unaware of these goings on.
I myself indicated in an earlier response that Rep Lofgren's involvement was in part responsible for forcing CIS to stick to the originally released all current VB of July'07.
The multi-pronged efforts of all organizations (including IV) are in part responsible for the flurry of legislative activities (Kennedy-McCain bill,Cornyn bill, etc. to cite a few) that have occurred in the past several years.
Now, these legislations got stuck with Comprehensive immigration reform package. Thus, genuine legislative reforms needed for EB community got tied to the illegal immigration reform legislations. I read from different sources (including columns from WSJ.com) that perhaps this indicates the American public's ambivalant towards the reform legislations. Hence, such legislative efforts towards such reforms (including those directed just towards EB) do not go anywhere.
Seeking an administrative solution has its pitfalls. I do not know how far administrative reform can go. Further, if public at large is not completely convinced of a need for immigration reform, ( not to mention if they are opposed to it), what is the guarantee that the next administration will not rescind such action by the current administration?
I like IV's grassroots approach. In keeping with the grassroots approach, people at large should be convinced to address EB-immigration reforms independently of the overhaul of the total immigration system reform.
Convincing American people would be the right approach.

EB reform

thanks tushar.
grassroots movements are indeed important and it's critical for this community to come together if we are to get appropriate relief. it's not that we do not talk to americans to explain the problem- we are constatntly encouraging everyone to discuss this with friends, neighbours and co workers. however the first critical step before we can convince the whole nation, is to convince ourselves that silence, and hiding under the table while whining about delays will not get us anywhere. we are the ones affected, and if we think the problem is bad enough and the need is urgent, then nothing should stop us from bringing our voices and opinions to those that take desicions and can alter status quo. the right to petition government is enshrined for anyone in the country..and we hold legal status here.

administrative steps will not hurt, they are interrim relief measures to ease people's lives as we keep working for a solution. getting these changes is an onerous proccess- you know how the bureaucracy works! reversing them is equally painful and without good reasons that is very unlikley to happen.
our immediate goal is to get some relief- if you look at recent uscis statements they are already talking of a 3 yr ead/ap which we have been championing for a while. however to make this reality we must act.

please write the letters- a copy to WH and one to iv to put together the petition. also please ask neighbours/friends etc to sign letters for you and mail them....there are many templates circulating that you can simply use...happy to provide one if needed...

This is a very good discussion. Anyone reading it sitting on the fence. Please take note.
Legislative relief is unlikely this year. Most of us realise that already. Yet we have representatives now that have a finger on the pulse of developments in the legislature and a fantastic way to disseminate the information online if something comes up. In short we are much better organised.
Old timers on this forum, will recollect the rearguard action that emanated from this very forum in Dec. 2005 when at the 11th hour we came to know about a provision with a lot of beneficial effects for us, such as visa recapture. This was killed in committee. At that time many folks felt had we been better organised and aware of developments, we might have had a better shot. That was an impetus behind the birth of IV.
Since then it has been a long hard fight with some victories and a truckload of cynicism. Cynicism for sure will get us nothing. Efforts just might.
Given the limited contributions and overall support, and yet knowing the gravity and number of people affected, many people know it is apathy, negativity, and cynicism that is the greatest hold back for us. Not other factors.
Administrative fixes are an example of something that can happen if the cry is loud enough. However a few lonely voices crying in the wind will not suffice. It must be a chorus of solidarity. We have an Administration in its final year, that is pro business and pro legal immigration generally. Why are folks not ready to speak firmly and loudly while we have their ear. What is the downside to writing a letter?
Noone can help those who sit crying and whining in a corner. They are sad individuals, who will struggle in life with or without a green card. In many ways we are being asked to show our readiness to be Americans in a participatory democracy. Are we up to that challenge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Join the Campaign to Reduce Green Card Backlog

Hi there,

Just wanted to do a weekly repost to keep this current. Thank you, it is appreciated!

Guys....we have done enough and this is election year.
Let us discuss this in 09 Jan and see how far we can reach. We have sent enough faxes, and enough emails only to see nothing happen.

Let us take a break. This is not pessimism. This is optimism. We have our EADs atleast. Before this we did not have EADs and we wanted our dates to become current. That happened and our greediness is taking us to the next level.

Let us not piss of the USCIS guys.
This is a wrong and incorrect point of view. we are better off - no doubt but this is not the end.if they cannot give GC's then atleast they should give 3 yr EAD's - paying for EAD every year is like being sucked by a mosquito slowly but surely..if one cannot send mails then atleast we should not stand in the way of others who are trying to help. ALSO IV is the only hope and they have changed a lot (I used to read posts earlier where it said IV is dictatorial etc but I didnt find any of that) -- we dont have a voice in AILA.
no one can promise success but atleast we can say that we tried !!! btw how does USCIS gets pissed off by giving EAD's with longer validity - this should reduce their workload

Please Join the Campaign to Reduce the Green Card Backlog

Weekly repost. Folks there is only 1 week left before this campaign closes. Please check it out when you have time and we hope you will join the efforts. Thanks for your time.

You are right about migration of users. I was a regular visitor of this site. But I was fed up with cat fights. There is no goal for the users other than bashing others.

Now I am a regular user of IV and I am contributing to the organization in case of needs.

I am no way connected to the core team but I've involved in most of the events.

I won't agree with you with the rest because if there is no effort...there is no way that you can achieve...

SAME OLD STORY.

What the hell you think you can accomplish at this time of year. Election fever is in the air and NOBODY IS GOING TO TOUCH IMMIGRATION.....NO MATTER WHAT FORM. Sorry to say, but your efforts at this time is fruitless.....Dont bash now because it is the plain truth. By the way you have migrate over half of users of this site to yours and collected millions of dollars and still NO meaningful success. Money is tight nowadays, we are in a reccesion so we have to spend wisely

Dear friends - the campaign deadline has been extended till March 10th, 2008 to facilitate last minute kinds.

Please send in your letters. Please do it. Please urge your collegues, friends and everyone you know to send the letters.