Please Join the Campaign to Reduce the Greencard Backlog

H4foreverwaitin

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

Many of you may be aware of Immigration Voice and their efforts to campaign for improvements in immigration legislation and fair processing times for greencard applicants. I wanted to ask you to consider joining their current efforts to campaign for 2008 Administration fixes. I know that each one of you who reads this thread is most probably struggling in this backlog with the rest of us. My husband and I now in our 5th year of waiting. And there will be longer to wait. If we can collectively act, we can try and appease this heart-breaking situation for the thousands out there. If we go about our business as usual, it will be business as usual and nothing will change. I am definitely guilty of being a silent reader on these forums for quite some time, I have come to these web sites and taken answers and relief from the goodwill of the fellow immigrants and Rajiv's organization and I am not sure if I have ever given back. If you would like to join me on a united front to ask for fair processing times and improvements to the current immigration policies please take some time today or this evening to read about the campaign and how you can sign a template letter (or personalize yourself) and send it off to the President. It is a simple and peaceful campaign. One copy to the president and one copy to Immigration Voice. The deadline is February 9th, under a week today. Please make a note to do this and stand with your community. 5 minutes of your time could save you a number of years. It is worth the thought and the hope. Thank you for reading and my best to everyone. www.immigrationvoice.org click on "read more" after the heading: [NEW] Massive IV campaign for Administrative fixes.

Please Join the Campaign to Reduce Green Card Backlog

Just trying to keep this thread in view of readers, thanks I appreciate it!

Hi there,

Many of you may be aware of Immigration Voice and their efforts to campaign for improvements in immigration legislation and fair processing times for greencard applicants. I wanted to ask you to consider joining their current efforts to campaign for 2008 Administration fixes. I know that each one of you who reads this thread is most probably struggling in this backlog with the rest of us. My husband and I now in our 5th year of waiting. And there will be longer to wait. If we can collectively act, we can try and appease this heart-breaking situation for the thousands out there. If we go about our business as usual, it will be business as usual and nothing will change. I am definitely guilty of being a silent reader on these forums for quite some time, I have come to these web sites and taken answers and relief from the goodwill of the fellow immigrants and Rajiv's organization and I am not sure if I have ever given back. If you would like to join me on a united front to ask for fair processing times and improvements to the current immigration policies please take some time today or this evening to read about the campaign and how you can sign a template letter (or personalize yourself) and send it off to the President. It is a simple and peaceful campaign. One copy to the president and one copy to Immigration Voice. The deadline is February 9th, under a week today. Please make a note to do this and stand with your community. 5 minutes of your time could save you a number of years. It is worth the thought and the hope. Thank you for reading and my best to everyone. www.immigrationvoice.org click on "read more" after the heading: [NEW] Massive IV campaign for Administrative fixes.

SAME OLD STORY.

What the hell you think you can accomplish at this time of year. Election fever is in the air and NOBODY IS GOING TO TOUCH IMMIGRATION.....NO MATTER WHAT FORM. Sorry to say, but your efforts at this time is fruitless.....Dont bash now because it is the plain truth. By the way you have migrate over half of users of this site to yours and collected millions of dollars and still NO meaningful success. Money is tight nowadays, we are in a reccesion so we have to spend wisely

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to shutdown this thread for a while.....
Nothing will happen this year...and the country is so screwd up....after the election the priorites will be economical...not immigration...the least problem on earth

We have to shutdown this thread for a while.....
Nothing will happen this year...and the country is so screwd up....after the election the priorites will be economical...not immigration...the least problem on earth

So what else do you plan to do? Just sit and wait? It is tough out there and IV is the only organization trying its best to do what it can. Sending a letter to the president does not take even 10 min and does not cost more than a 41 cents stamp. I see a lot of pessimism and negative attitude.

The only solution to the kind of issue we are facing is "Positive attitude", sense for community and unity. For some reason, the community is not ready for betterment, but only pessimism prevails.

What we are trying to achieve is not like an IT project with budgets and deadlines and there is absolutely no point in bashing IV for collecting funds towards lobbying - unfortunately those who missed the boat have to go through this and there seems to be no way out.

Things do happen - when we make it happen. But if we are so divided and strongly opinioniated against what our own community is trying to achieve. The primary reason for the pessimism is because we look down upon ourselves, we say to ourselves "Who am I? Am I capable?" the answer lies in your thinking.

My dear friend - don't lose hope. Things are not the same always. things change and it is entirely in our hands.

Please do not relate IVs efforts and not seeing a favorable result as a failure to execute a project. IV puts maximum efforts in every campaign and look at what IV has achieved in 2 years. We are now able to talk, we did play a major role in July reversal. The rally did attract a lot of attention and a lot of local organizations contacted IV and have expressed support.

So, do not let negative thinking or pessemism influence you or any other person reading this.

Thanks

SAME OLD STORY.

What the hell you think you can accomplish at this time of year. Election fever is in the air and NOBODY IS GOING TO TOUCH IMMIGRATION.....NO MATTER WHAT FORM. Sorry to say, but your efforts at this time is fruitless.....Dont bash now because it is the plain truth. By the way you have migrate over half of users of this site to yours and collected millions of dollars and still NO meaningful success. Money is tight nowadays, we are in a reccesion so we have to spend wisely

A printout - some ink for signature, an envelope and a 41c stamp is enough for this campaign. Do not relate this to recession.

SAME OLD STORY.

take it easy! with this campaign they're trying to bring about administrative changes, not legislative.

apparently, on feb 4, 08 uscis changed its policy on namecheck for i-485 applicants! iv's, or lia's, or namecheck yahoo group's, or aila's or individual efforts or ombudsman's report may (or may not) have done the tricks.. who knows? but it never hurts to try.

An organization like IV, directly or indirectly plays a major role in a lot of policy decisions. IV is not a single person or a core group, but IV is an organization that consists of members who want to influence a change.

You may not see any direct consequences, but in the absence of organizations like IV, things will never change. Employers will keep exploiting, lawyers will keep influencing policies benefitting their businesses, anti immigrants will be influencing policies and finally we will all end up losing pur valuble years of life just because we did not want to cooperate, we did not want to unite, we did not want to help ourself.

Let negative vibes not influence anyone. A lot of policy makers do recognize IV as a platform and try to understand our issues.

Recently 2 IV emmbers testified in front of the Michigan senate for the new MI drivers license issue. What IV has done is not an easy thing. Try doing these things individually and you will see how difficult things are.

Look at examples of how the African Americans united for a cause, how intact and bound the Jewish community is, look at the Italian immigrants - many were brought as slaves for construction - now they are real estate kings, look at the hispanics - how united they are and how much they believe in what they want and work hard towards implementing what they want. Look at the anti immigrants on how united they are. Look at us. We are all highly skilled but we are divided. We blame those who help us, we do not want to help ourselves, we want things to happen automatically, we blame and fight among ourselves.

The reason for this post is - I seen some negative posts above filled with pessimism and such a thing is not good for the community. My 2 cents.

the pessimism is because of the frustration. a GC is taking an average of 5-10 years as compared to 4-5 years earlier. This year Eb2 quota is done for indians and eb3 is close to finish. Nothing to look for until October. More fees and more rules.

But I agree that any forums (like IV) supporting immigration is supporting our voice and it can expedite (never damage) our path to GC. We should support the move that they mentioned above. They have given letter templates.IV's Excellent work . There is no money(contribution) involved and I think everyone affected should atleast do this.

one more thing. whoever likes to print it, please send atleast three or four(include family members as well). could cost you 2 dollars. Its worth. make it another Gandhi style

the pessimism is because of the frustration. a GC is taking an average of 5-10 years as compared to 4-5 years earlier. This year Eb2 quota is done for indians and eb3 is close to finish. Nothing to look for until October. More fees and more rules.

But I agree that any forums (like IV) supporting immigration is supporting our voice and it can expedite (never damage) our path to GC. We should support the move that they mentioned above. They have given letter templates.IV's Excellent work . There is no money(contribution) involved and I think everyone affected should atleast do this.

Very good desi2007. This is the kind of positive outlook our community must have. Iv is supported and helped by philonthropist Attorneys such as Rajiv himself and many popular Attorneys.

Channelize all your frustrations into positive energies and do not let negativity affect your thought process. Life is short and sweet and pessimism must not come in way towards an illustrous career and good life.

Lets help build a strong community so that in future we are not a victim of laws influenced by anti immigrants

Hello.

We are all entitled to our posts and our opinions. I am an individual who took it on themselves to create this post. My opinion is that I support these efforts stated above. In a forum of free speech on immigration we must not talk about "shutting this thread down". I will allow your comments and you will allow mine. Thank you for your time.

Guys....we have done enough and this is election year.
Let us discuss this in 09 Jan and see how far we can reach. We have sent enough faxes, and enough emails only to see nothing happen.

Let us take a break. This is not pessimism. This is optimism. We have our EADs atleast. Before this we did not have EADs and we wanted our dates to become current. That happened and our greediness is taking us to the next level.

Let us not piss of the USCIS guys.

The need to remain hopeful

I agree that the chances may be small but we hope the aministration fixes won't involve congress. Unfortunately my husband and I opted for consulate processing and therefore do not have a temp EAD and I'm really feeling the strain of not being able to work all this time. I want to remain hopeful that we can ease some of the backlog with unused visas and will petition with utmost respect for the USCIS.

Guys....we have done enough and this is election year.
Let us discuss this in 09 Jan and see how far we can reach. We have sent enough faxes, and enough emails only to see nothing happen.

Let us take a break. This is not pessimism. This is optimism. We have our EADs atleast. Before this we did not have EADs and we wanted our dates to become current. That happened and our greediness is taking us to the next level.

Let us not piss of the USCIS guys.

Looks like you seem to be scared. If, on the first hand we were scared, people would not have sent the flowers, conduct rallies and you would not have seen your EAD.

Chanduv's claim.

Chanduv's claim that USCIS revrsed its decision last july and accepted 485s and issued EAD's because of rallies and protests is laughable.
USCIS reversed it's decision because AILA lobbied hard with political bosses and ofcourse AILA did because most attorney had worked in a fortnight in the last few days of June to file as much 485's as possible.
protests and pleadings would not have any effect on USCIS.

New Deadline for Campaign

Hi there,

Hi there, for those of you who are interested in joining this effort, the deadline for sending in a letter is now March 1st. Plenty of time to check out the campaign. Thanks for your time.

I see your point that AILA was primarily responsible for reversing the USCIS decision.
Now, I would not discount other activities that took place on the sidelines. Rep Lofgren had sent questions to USCIS relating to their retraction of the all-current VB. This is just one example of what was going on on the sidelines. I do not know what force caused CIS to stick to their all-current VB and retract their "retraction".
Chanduv's claim that USCIS revrsed its decision last july and accepted 485s and issued EAD's because of rallies and protests is laughable.
USCIS reversed it's decision because AILA lobbied hard with political bosses and ofcourse AILA did because most attorney had worked in a fortnight in the last few days of June to file as much 485's as possible.
protests and pleadings would not have any effect on USCIS.