please I need an answer !!!

phfa77

Registered Users (C)
hi everybody
I came to the USA on a J1 visa with 2 yr home residency requirement, last year I was granted asylum.
now I'm applying for a green card and I noticed that in the application form there is a Yes or No question that says:
" have you ever been a J non immigrant exchange visitor who was subjected to the two yr foreign residence requirement and have not yet complied with that requirement or obtained a waiver?"
what should I say? and is the asylum considered as a waiver to the visa?
will the fact that I entered the states on J1 visa affect my green card approval?!
please I need an answer desperately?

DON'T WORRY phfa77 ;) :)
i work everyday with people with political asylum in united states and i met three guys with your same situation...now two of them are with their green card and one is american citizen..look..just read the form I-485 for adjust of status
it says at instruction number ten
10. Who Is Not Eligible to Adjust Status
Unless you are applying for creation of record based on continuous residence since before January 1, 1972, or adjustment of status under a category in which special rules apply (such as 245(i) adjustment, asylum adjustment Cuban adjustment, special immigrant juvenile adjustment, or special immigrant military personnel adjustment), you are not eligible for adjustment of status if any of the following apply to you:
You are or were a J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor and are subject to the two-year foreign residence requirement andyou have not complied with or been granted a waiver of the requirement
BUT..YOU have been granted ASYLUM..:)..SO..DON'T WORRY..just sent your aplication with your Birth certificate.,Photos,Attach a copy of the letter or Form 1-94 that showsthe date you were granted asylum...etc and that's it
good luck in your waiting..everything is gonna be alright and soon you gonna be american permanent resident :D :D :D :D