Please Help

vaish

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I m in a big fix. I was laid of & applied for a neew H1 job wiithout paystubs. As BCIS felt that I was out of status, they approved my petitionn wiithout I94....

Now i need to go back to my homee country. Please clarify the followinng :

Can I go tto Canada wwas my viisa stamping with the new employer. Please note that I have a visa stamp of the old employer on my pass porrt...

Also, if i go back to Indiia for viisa stamp. What are my chances of getting a new visa without any hassel. Cause technically I was out of status for 5 days....

Regards

Dear All,

I m in a big fix. I was laid of & applied for a new H1 job without pay stubs. As BCIS felt that I was out of status, they approved my petition without I94....
---- you need to go out of US get H1 visa stamp and enter on H1 status and will get newI-94 at POE
Now I need to go back to my home country. Please clarify the following:
---- you can go to home country or Canada or Mexico
Can I go to Canada was my visa stamping with the new employer. Please note that I have a visa stamp of the old employer on my passport...
----- yes you can
Also, if i go back to Indiia for viisa stamp. What are my chances of getting a new visa without any hassle?
---- Chennai US consulate is creating the problems. if you have to appear in Delhi, Bombay and have all the documents then I don’t see problems. Nobody can give you a 100% correct answer because visa officer issues visa

Cause technically I was out of status for 5 days....
--- I don’t think it may be big problem again depends on Visa officer. I have read in past many who were out of status for few days on H1 or H4 got the new h1b or H4 with out any problems in Delhi, Bombay

Good Luck!!

Urgent H1 help rrequirred

Giinnu

DO u tthiink I should go tto Cannada. Will theyy look at my case rationally since techniically I was out of status.

I have heard that Thirrd Country visa stamping is not a very good iddea in case if you are out of staatus for few days.

Please Help

Try Canada Toronto and at the same time be ready to go to home country if refused. I hope you will get H1 visa stamp in Canada, i dont think 5 days out of status is a big problem, go with all the documents
Good Luck!!

Hi! vaish

I suggest you to go to Ottawa instead of Toronto & also have a reservation for India on next day of interview. Just in case but the chances are 99% that you will get h1 revalidated from Ottawa.

Guys,

Ayone can please share with me experriience of US visa stamping of H1 , if onnne is outt of status for a couple of days.....

Regards

Thiis message is for giinnu

giinnu....

once again, i have a visa stamp of my old employer on myy pp ttill 2006. My old employer has terminated my H1 & nootiified BCIS.... I nw have a neww I 797 without I 94.... which means iits like a new H1

will visa stamping agaiin be required or I just need a new I 94 at tthe port of entry....

i m asking u thiis agaiin cause I have seen many pplaces where u have answered that nno nnew visa iis rrequiired cause old employer can rrevoke petititon he cant cancell visa......

pls help me outt

I think u need a complete new visa stamping and not just the I-94. We had a similar situation - the only diff being that we did not have the visa stamp of the older employer valid for a future date.
As far as i know (depending on the information i collected) this type of visa stamping is not possible in Canada or mexico. We had to go to India and got it stamped in Calcutta by Drop Box method. We submitted all our papers on Monday morning to TTS Services (This is a new method where they use postal delivery instead of hand to hand)and got the Visa stamped in pspt and also got back all our documents by post on Thursday afternoon.
I dont think it will create any problem. If the visa and I-94 expiry date has crossed one year then u have to face interview in India.
I hope this helps. U can also talk to US comsulates in India from USA - they have specific phone numbers. We did that.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!

please cllarify

hi Gaa

Can u giive mee thee phone nos of us consulate in India that u can ttry frromm US.

also , iif ur talking abt drop box facility , iis it stiill open, cause heard that from August 2003 , every one has to appear for visa innterviiew......pls clarrify

Answer 2 "Please Clarify"

Well i am not aware of the new rules from Aug. There was a change in rule on the 14th of July and according to that we fell in the drop box category. We applied for visa stamping on the 21st July and got it done on 24th July.
Sorry havent kept track of the latest changes.
Talk to consulates in India.

U.S consulate Canada

Vaish

Did you attended Canada for your H1B stamping? if yes, can you explain me about your experience at U.S consulate in Canada, because I am playing to go to Ottawa consulate Canada, Thanks for your help.

SaiRamSree

Sairam,

There are lot of threads below which have experiences about stamping in Canada, you can decide about the venue first and decide accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator: