• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please Help

ZyXEL

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody!
Sorry for previously blanc thread, I didn't have a chance to write it and it uploaded itself.
I'm new here on this forum and want to say bravo for keeping up such a great site. There is a lot of useful information!!!

I need help. Any of your answers will be highly appreciated.

I am a DV2006 winner and applyed for AOS. My interview was on Feb 5th. 2006. Everything went good on interview exept FBI Name Check. Lady told me they don't have an answer from FBI and cannot issue me a green card. She said to wait, but it's been more than two months since interview and I'm getting really nervous because of the deadline, which is SEP 30th 2006.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I know I can sue them, but how effective is it on DV cases? Anyone with experiences?

It's just really hard to sit and wait...if you know what I mean... :(
Maybe there is something I can do ???

Thanks a lot for your kind attention!!!
Best,
Zyxel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat - my hasband and my son were approved, but I was told to wait for the NameCheck. I am not from any "watchlist" contries, I am from Europe...

I donno if i'm a watchlist country? what is that actually, i haven't heard this kind of thing before? i'm from formal soviet union, so i donno if that puts me to watchlist thing???
ohhh, so hard to wait man....i hope hope hope it's gonna resolve soon!!! hope and pray!!!! :)

ZyXEL said:
I donno if i'm a watchlist country? what is that actually, i haven't heard this kind of thing before? i'm from formal soviet union, so i donno if that puts me to watchlist thing???
ohhh, so hard to wait man....i hope hope hope it's gonna resolve soon!!! hope and pray!!!! :)

ZyXEL please check the following doc. i got from some other thread. HOpe it helps.

Security Update for Visa Issuance and Revalidation
Security checks are resulting in significant delays in visa issuance, sometimes upwards of two months. Foreign nationals should be especially mindful of the fact that their visa may take anywhere from two weeks to two months or more to be issued and should plan their travel accordingly. These unprecedented delays stem from the need to run security checks. If your nonimmigrant visa application is selected and subjected to an in-depth security review – a “Visas Condor” check - there is nothing that the Consulate will be able to do to expedite your application and you will be “stranded” abroad until your visa is issued.

Applications for visas may be filed with the U.S. Consulate having jurisdiction over your residence (by virtue of your foreign residence), with a third-country Consulate that accepts jurisdiction over your application, or with the visa revalidation office in St. Louis (if you previously held the same visa in your passport and you wish to have it revalidated).

We previously advised that nationals of 26 “Watchlist Countries” (listed below) would be subject to additional security checks and that delays would occur for visa issuance for these nationals. These delays run approximately 3-4 weeks (in addition to the Consulate’s standard processing times). This Newsflash will provide an update based on information recently received from various Department of State sources.

Watchlist Countries include: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

Visa Issuance at the Consulate

Individuals from Watchlist Countries should expect that their visa application will take at least 24 business days for the Department of State to do internal background checks.

In addition, the Department of State has an additional, in-depth security check – the Visas Condor check – which may be triggered for ANY applicant (not just Watchlist Country applicants). A Visas Condor check will result in significant delays, sometimes exceeding 2 months. The Visas Condor check may occur if the applicant has any arrest record (however minor) or even if the applicant’s name is similar to that of someone else with a criminal history. Although an individual may previously have been issued a visa without incident, that same individual may now face an additional delay, in some cases up to 2½ months. If you have ever been arrested or have any criminal convictions, however minor, or any concerns about the answers provided on the visa application form DS-157, we urge you to contact competent legal counsel to discuss these issues before travel without a valid visa.

this is the full link :http://www.immigrationlaw.com/newsl...2vol7.html#Visa

ZyXEL said:
It is not necessary you are from watchlist countries. If your name(or part of your name) matches database, they'll go for investigation.
Sorry, but name check sometimes takes long. If you read thread in EB category, there are some people stuck in name check since 2001.

Thanks for answers!
but I'm not sure if name check for DV is under same category, if you say someone waiting from 2001 it's not possible to wait such a long time for DV cases because of the time limits.., I hope DV's have a different priorities. Or am I wrong?
I hope AND PRAY every day!!!!!!!! :(

and what is EB category?

ZyXEL said:
Thanks for answers!
but I'm not sure if name check for DV is under same category, if you say someone waiting from 2001 it's not possible to wait such a long time for DV cases because of the time limits..,
I do not think they compromise security check, If they decided to go investigating, they will do til it's totally cleared.
Is there time limit for DV AOS (Im not aware of that) ?
Once you filed I485, you get visa number allocated to that category. I think there is no rule that I485 must be approved in the same fiscal year.

Hi GotPR,

For DV category, either AOS or CP proccessing, the whole procedure must be finished within a fiscal year. In other words, for 2006 it gives a timeline between Oct. 1st 2005 and Sept. 30th 2006. That's the rule.

Greg_DV2006

greg_dv2006 said:
For DV category, either AOS or CP proccessing, the whole procedure must be finished within a fiscal year. In other words, for 2006 it gives a timeline between Oct. 1st 2005 and Sept. 30th 2006. That's the rule.
Thanks for the info. This is very scary rule, though.

I agree, very scary and frustrating!!!!!
I don't think they will compromise name check,no, but i think because it's time sensitive they will check it first...still waiting more than two months after interview...any comments on what to do to fasten it up???

CONDOR and VALID VISA

What happens if you are subjected to VISA CONDOR but do have a valid H-1 visa? Can you re-enter the US on H-1?

I am in the same situation. I had the interview on March 29, I was told I was granted and then they told me it was a mistake and they didn't finish yet all the security checks. I am from Europe also. And on the day of the interview my husband was granted, he got the card in the mail.

dianac,
what is the "same situation". do you have an H-1 visa? can you return to the US while security checks are on, or are you stuck?