Please help with my query on Surrender certificate application form

ocicitizen

Registered Users (C)
The application form says "To be filled in Duplicate".

Does this mean that I need to complete 2 forms manually and then send it? Or can I take a copy? If I take a copy, do I need to attest the copy?

Thanks a lot!

The application form says "To be filled in Duplicate".

Does this mean that I need to complete 2 forms manually and then send it? Or can I take a copy? If I take a copy, do I need to attest the copy?

Thanks a lot!

fill up both the aplication same way (manually or typing).
Treat them as original.

I have already applied for OCI two months back.
Just noticed that I need a surrender certificate, do kids (12 years old) need one too. do they sign the form and pay the fees.
One requirement is copy of naturalization certificate, I thought copying this document is illegal.

You will need surrender certificate per passport, not per family.
Unauthorized copy of NC is illegal, copy for legitimate uses is ok.

I have already applied for OCI two months back.
Just noticed that I need a surrender certificate, do kids (12 years old) need one too.
-------If kids had Indian passport then they also need SC.
do they sign the form and pay the fees.
---------They need to pay the Fees. Let the child sign AND you also sign and under your signature write(Father/Mother of XYZ)
One requirement is copy of naturalization certificate, I thought copying this document is illegal.
---send them the copy.
------

Guys thanks for the quick reply, I have few more questions,

1. My son does not have Naturalization cert. what document do I mail
2. My Indian passport does not have my middle name but my Nat Cert has, will that be a problem in Houston Consulate.
3. Does the SC form have to be notarized.

Thanks again. really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

You have to send the parents natz certificate
2. My Indian passport does not have my middle name but my Nat Cert has, will that be a problem in Houston Consulate.
do not bring the name change issue now. Just try to keep them same as they are right now. Not sure what to do if you can not keep them same.
Yes

see above

1. I am not sure what to mail in that case.
2. If there's any CHANGE between your Indian passport and American Passport, the indian embassy is going to ask you for the Name Change Certificate, 2 Original Newspaper Name Change Ad Cuts. 1 has to be in India the 2nd has to be in the U.S.
3. No it doesn't have to be notarized, although the name change affaidavit has to be notarized.
Follow these instructions: www cgisf org and select Consular Services on Left Menu. Then select Passport from the Consular Services Menu. There's a link there to "Change of Name & Other Cases" When you click on that document then you see a link to the Affidavit of Name Change.

I looked up the answer to your first question. For your child, if he is under 18. fill out N-600 ... thats the naturalization cert. for minors.

I looked up the answer to your first question. For your child, if he is under 18. fill out N-600 ... thats the naturalization cert. for minors.

That's a dud answer. yeah no doubt OP can apply for NC on N-600. But that process will take about 6 months. Following your advice he can get OCI next X'mas only.

Parents NC is sufficient for OCI.

That's a dud answer. yeah no doubt OP can apply for NC on N-600. But that process will take about 6 months. Following your advice he can get OCI next X'mas only.

Parents NC is sufficient for OCI.
or he can do that. and wait for 6 months and see his application get denied. and again fill out the forms and wait until 2012 christmas to get his paperwork