Please help with Civics Lessons test

catmomto3

Registered Users (C)
What I'm about to explain here is a very real problem for me; even though it's funny as heck.

"Give me liberty or give me death" by Patrick Henry is simple enough, but my mind has problems with this name. No matter how much I study, I always end up calling him Henry Peck.

Francis Scott Key, poor guy, I always call him Francis Key Scotty.

Is there some kind of method to memorize these names correctly? I honestly don't know what the problem is because the rest of the test is a breeze.

Thank you:):):) Will catch up with you good folks later on.

What I'm about to explain here is a very real problem for me; even though it's funny as heck.

"Give me liberty or give me death" by Patrick Henry is simple enough, but my mind has problems with this name. No matter how much I study, I always end up calling him Henry Peck.

Francis Scott Key, poor guy, I always call him Francis Key Scotty.

Is there some kind of method to memorize these names correctly? I honestly don't know what the problem is because the rest of the test is a breeze.

Thank you:):):) Will catch up with you good folks later on.

Haha, until recently, the first answer that came to my mind for "Give me liberty..." was Henry Clay (an early 19th century politician), not Patrick Henry. I couldn't really come up with a mnemonic device to help me memorize the correct answer, so I just ended up having my fiancee quiz me until I memorized it.

As far as Francis Scott Key, the initials are FSK. F = first, S = second. Does that help?

Hi!

Hi!

My advice, is to deal with several questions at a time. Make note cards! Practice three to 4 questions only a day. Then test yourself by recalling. Do this for about 15-30 mins. The names will become much easier if you just memorize them. And take your time to answer the questions...you are not being timed.

Best Regards,
-jedi

My suggestion would be that you don't blurt out the answer when the IO asks the qn. Stop, rehearse the ans in your head and then say it. This way you can correct the mistake in your head. But also relax, it is just a casual IV and not some stress test with trick qns, most english lang speakers do fine.

catmomto3.
those two i confuse. i also confuse all senators, mayor and governer.
actually, i tend to remember the name of one senator, barbara mikulski. hahaha don't really know why. maybe cause it sounds polish, probably i am wrong but heck, it helps me remember that name
a friend of mine gave me a great advice: he said remember 'key' is last since i kept say francis key scott. so one down for me
patrick henry. i will remember patrick's day and then henry the fifth :). so i will just say PH

The one confuse me alot is John G. Roberts, Jr. I say Robert Downey Jr. and the IO will kick me out of the room.

Nimche
THANKS FOR MAKING ME CONFUSE THAT NAME TOO. i got that one right. now i am sure if i get asked that question i'll say the downey one too.

I liked the movie, what should I do?

Vorpal, it is time to work specially if you are riding your bicycle to work...

I liked the movie, what should I do?

Vorpal, it is time to work specially if you are riding your bicycle to work...

Being that Robert Downey, Jr. is a recovering drug addict, your application may be denied if you state his name, due to bad moral character by proxy.;)

Anyway...good luck today, but I doubt you'll need it. Everything will go smoothly!

I was told that I will be given the 100 questions book when I go for Fingerprints, but I did not get it. Is the questions available online. If so what is the web site, if not where should I go and get the book.

If I just study the website questions will be enough or is there is any other forum where I get more questions and help in preparation.

Your reply would be appreciated.

If I just study the website questions will be enough or is there is any other forum where I get more questions and help in preparation.

Your reply would be appreciated.

At the interview, you will ONLY be asked questions from that list. You don't need to study/memorize any additional information.

Also, you dont need to say the full name. You only need to say "Key" for Francis Scott Key and "Henry" for Patrick Hentry.