please help, where should I sumbit my N400

yrwp2005GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I got my GC at April 2005, so I plan to submit my N-400 on Jan 2010. But I have a problem. I have been living in Delaware since 2003 but I just moved to New York for a one year contract job starting at Oct 01, 2009. My wife is still living in Delaware at our old address. So where should I sumbit my N-400 application when I apply it on 2010 Jan, Delaware or New York? Thanks.

Hi, I got my GC at April 2005, so I plan to submit my N-400 on Jan 2010. But I have a problem. I have been living in Delaware since 2003 but I just moved to New York for a one year contract job starting at Oct 01, 2009. My wife is still living in Delaware at our old address. So where should I sumbit my N-400 application when I apply it on 2010 Jan, Delaware or New York? Thanks.

You have to answer this question (to yourself) first; did you "move" to New York or are you still living in Delaware and traveling on project temporarily to NY? If you have effectively moved to NY with your GC AR-11 address, utility bills, lease agreement, credit card bills, bank statements, tax returns, phone bills, resident NY state tax filing, drivers license/DMV, car insurance etc. indicating your NY address then I would suggest filing with NY address. If you have majority of these things still using your Delaware address; then you should use DE.

you will send application to Lewisville, TX P.O box. check the address for filing instructions of N-400.

Regardless of what address you use, you would send the application to the Texas lockbox, not directly to the NY or Delaware DO.
In your case, if your house and wife are still in Delaware then you would use Delaware as your address on N-400.

Thank you very much, guys.

In my case, I don't have any house and have two leases under my name in both Delaware and New York. I don't plan to report address change, bank statement address change and change my drive license. So I should be able to apply in Delaware, right? Thanks again. Good luck to you all. :D