Please help - urgent !

jeans

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends

need your help in Visitor Visa case

Here is the case !

i came to USA on visitor Visa. Based on the RFE(for extension of Visitor Visa) that i got in May 2005, i sent response to RFE in Sept 2005. Unfortunately, so far i have not received any correspondence from INS yet, that is could not get the result of response to RFE, so far. I feel i lost the correspondence from INS. My internet status on USCIS.GOV shows that the case is pending since sept 2005 and is in progress.

while i was waiting on the above, i got seriously sick from Nov 2005 and currently undergoing a treatement since Nov 2005 till date. My doctor has asked me to stay in USA for some more time in order to recover and that i cannot travel... My doctor told that he would give me a letter to INS regarding my medical condition.

My question is:- Can i send INS a letter requesting another extension based on a letter from my doctor about my medical condition along with the enquiry on the status of previous response to RFE sent on which i have not received any status update from INS so far?

What do you think the INS may respond to my request for another extension ?
Will this be a problem to the person whom i am staying with or the person who is sponsoring my medical expenses and my stay ?

Please advise...

Looking forward to hearing for you

Even your initial extention request got approved, you can stay maximum 6 months from May 2005.
At any case now you are out of status more than 180 days , it makes your future entry to US real jeopardy.

If you request further extn, it leads to removal proceedings. Check with an immigration attorney immediately.

Hello friends

need your help in Visitor Visa case

Here is the case !

i came to USA on visitor Visa. Based on the RFE(for extension of Visitor Visa) that i got in May 2005, i sent response to RFE in Sept 2005. Unfortunately, so far i have not received any correspondence from INS yet, that is could not get the result of response to RFE, so far. I feel i lost the correspondence from INS. My internet status on USCIS.GOV shows that the case is pending since sept 2005 and is in progress.

while i was waiting on the above, i got seriously sick from Nov 2005 and currently undergoing a treatement since Nov 2005 till date. My doctor has asked me to stay in USA for some more time in order to recover and that i cannot travel... My doctor told that he would give me a letter to INS regarding my medical condition.

My question is:- Can i send INS a letter requesting another extension based on a letter from my doctor about my medical condition along with the enquiry on the status of previous response to RFE sent on which i have not received any status update from INS so far?

What do you think the INS may respond to my request for another extension ?
Will this be a problem to the person whom i am staying with or the person who is sponsoring my medical expenses and my stay ?

Please advise...

Looking forward to hearing for you

Wait for Response

You should wait for the response from the INS. After receiving the response, if you are unable to leave the Country within the date specidied, you should immediately file for another extension with a more recent dated letter from the Dr. I would think it is very likely INS has to approve the extension unless they detect fraud on the doctor providing the letter.