Please help... query on H1B extension

burlyboy

Registered Users (C)
I just received an automated email from USCIS that they require additional evidence. I am quite surprised and shocked with this response. I thought this would be a walk in the park as I have been in very good status (no time on bench, never out of status). My employer is yet to receive the details.

Does anyone have any idea what could have wrong? Please suggest a plan B just in case something goes wrong after I resubmit the evidence. My wife is currently on H1B so in worst case scenario,can I apply for H4? I really hope I don't have to go that far.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I understanding your feeling. I was also fretting like you, last month when I got my RFE on H1 transfer. It may just be a small thing, like a letter explaining the relationship of your company and the client where you are working (that was my RFE)

It takes a week for your employer to get the letter. If every thing is in place then your shouldn't have to worry. They just keep making it difficult unnecessarily ...good luck.. :)

burlyboy said:
I just received an automated email from USCIS that they require additional evidence. I am quite surprised and shocked with this response. I thought this would be a walk in the park as I have been in very good status (no time on bench, never out of status). My employer is yet to receive the details.

Does anyone have any idea what could have wrong? Please suggest a plan B just in case something goes wrong after I resubmit the evidence. My wife is currently on H1B so in worst case scenario,can I apply for H4? I really hope I don't have to go that far.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Dont worry - Its normal thing

I understand your feelings.

Now a days, lot of people get RFE. Its very common. Its because of your company and not you. If you are working for a consulting firm, you may generally get this as there are so many now.

Sanan and Big Hitter,

I really appreaciate your replies. The thing is that I have been with the same consultancy for all 3 years and also just so you know I had a query when I first applied too ... I guess they don't like something about me.... My wife appplied thru the same employer and she did not have any issues. Thank god.

Do you know how long does it take for USCIS to revise and respond once everything is submitted? My DL is expired and is causing a lot of inconvenience.

burlyboy said:
Sanan and Big Hitter,

Do you know how long does it take for USCIS to revise and respond once everything is submitted? My DL is expired and is causing a lot of inconvenience.

It depends on the nature of the RFE. If preliminary processing has been completed in your case and the only verification/evidence pending is your response to the RFE then the final decision will be issued within 15 days after they receive your response. However if the RFE was issued prior to preliminary processing (Ex: Fees not paid, Insufficient fee paid etc.,) then the processing will take as much time as the service center normally takes based on it's workload.

Rfe Lucky Me!!!!

Got an email from CRIS last night about RFE on my 8th year I129 H1 Extension. The application was received on Oct 31 2006 and the lud changed on 02/12/2007 and 02/13/2006 and then I see the RFE on case status check. I guess I will have to wait a week for my company to receive the RFE notice. SUCKS MAN!!! :mad:

devar,
Have you got ref ? What is it about ?
Got an email from CRIS last night about RFE on my 8th year I129 H1 Extension. The application was received on Oct 31 2006 and the lud changed on 02/12/2007 and 02/13/2006 and then I see the RFE on case status check. I guess I will have to wait a week for my company to receive the RFE notice. SUCKS MAN!!! :mad:

Rfe

any update from anyone ? I waiting to see what is ref about

My RFE is about company details, its long laundry list of company information that they requested, like Company Financial information, rental lease agreement of the company premises, company office floor plan, number of employees, etc. SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!! Do you know how long it takes the INS to receive the additional information and update the status.

I also got the same RFE (very big list about 17 items to be ansewerd)
last month. My company is preparing reply for those.

elix821 and Devar :- I have similar ref about company info all bs about company (just Devar) said....
Did you guys replied to Ref ?

I also got the same RFE (very big list about 17 items to be ansewerd)
last month. My company is preparing reply for those.

RFE for 8th Year Extension

Anyone,

Did anyone get approval after replying on a RFE? If yes how long after query was replied.

I'm into similar situation and have my trip planned. I don't know if I'll be able to receive my approval before my trip abroad. My RFE was minor aking proof of pending labor. It was submitted and system shows that they have recieved the reply as of March 2.

Thanks,
--Jay

Anyone,

Did anyone get approval after replying on a RFE? If yes how long after query was replied.

I'm into similar situation and have my trip planned. I don't know if I'll be able to receive my approval before my trip abroad. My RFE was minor aking proof of pending labor. It was submitted and system shows that they have recieved the reply as of March 2.

Thanks,
--Jay

I know a case in prem.processing where the RFE documents were submitted/recvd on 266th Feb and the case was approved on 6th Feb..

I know a case in prem.processing where the RFE documents were submitted/recvd on 266th Feb and the case was approved on 6th Feb..
StressTestInUSA,

Thanks for the Information. I think you meant to say 26th Feb for the submission and 6th March for the approval.

This sure gives some confidence that I'll get in a week or two. Although, my applicantion is regular (non-PP). I don't know if converting it to PP at this point will make any difference?

--Jay

Can some one answer this Question about My Case Status RFE on H1B Extension

My Case status changed twice and this is confusing. If any one has any inputs i sure appreciate it

My lawyer did not recieve the RFE which was first issued and has not replied to any RFE. Now teh case status has chnaged to DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD MFG AND MAILED

Am i Approved ?? or is the second case status details the actual RFE being mailed

First Case Status
--------------------
Receipt Number: WAC0704XXXXXX
Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On March 5, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Second Case Status
--------------------
Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On March 13, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Same here

My Case status changed twice and this is confusing. If any one has any inputs i sure appreciate it

My lawyer did not recieve the RFE which was first issued and has not replied to any RFE. Now teh case status has chnaged to DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD MFG AND MAILED

Am i Approved ?? or is the second case status details the actual RFE being mailed

First Case Status
--------------------
Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On March 5, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Second Case Status
--------------------
Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On March 13, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

On March 23, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Last year i had low w2 and i was arrested for DV. Of course the case was dismissed and I am in process of filing my EAD. will it help if now i am on contract and have regular paystubs.Any inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big RFE...9th year extension.

I got the same RFE ( 16 items ), my company is in the process of responding to this query. Did anybody get approval after replying to this RFE..please share your experiences...