Please Help Me With My RFE

Good luck

Mugdha, good luck with your RFE response! Your case is very prototypical - so please keep us posted... so that we all learn!

SK...

Mugdha,

Did you provided "Non-availability Certificate" for birth certificate? I have a similar RFE and after providing all the papers to my attorney, she has asked for this Non-availability Certificate!!

Thanks

Yeah, actually, I provided this non-availibility certificate from my mother and father right when I filed I-485 application. Still I got the RFE on BC.

I attached these certificates again along with 9 more documents while replying RFE.

Mugdha.

Hi,

USCIS received my RFE on Monday 13th september (by Fed-ex). But they have not changed the status on my case to reflect that.

Can anybody please let me know how long does it take?

Mugdha.

Why does USCis work in such a stupid way ?? For my application, they should just make sure that my information related to the reason for immigration is correct - why do they even bother to see a document with both the parents name together ? Why don't they just understand that govt. of other countries does not have documentation system like US. They also say the photo I submit for 485 does NOt expire (my physical looks don't change), but my finger print exires in 15 months (even a criminal's FP does not ever exipre) ???????????

Yes, I got e-mails on my I-485 case. The message is as usual.....On September 14, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or
information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind
of case. However.....

Let's see how fast I can get the approval.....

Ganpati Bappa Moraya....
Mugdha.

Hi guys,

What is your prediction? See my signature for my details.

Experts, please predict my approval date....

Mugdha.

Hurry Up....

Oh God!
I am getting crazy now! I can't wait longer. When will I see those golden (green) words?
:confused:
Mugdha.

Hi Mugdha
We are also in same boat and nearly same dates. Keep posting as soon as you hear something. We will do the same

RD: Oct, 2002
2nd FingurePrinting:: June 22,2004
My RFE generated......:: Aug 19,2004 for Employment Verification
RFE generated for wife:: Aug 19,2004 - never received the RFE :-(
My RFE received........:: September 14,2004.
LUD 1..................:: September 15,2004
LUD 2..................:: September 16,2004
LUD 3..................:: September 17,2004

sandkit said:
Hi Mugdha
We are also in same boat and nearly same dates. Keep posting as soon as you hear something. We will do the same

RD: Oct, 2002
2nd FingurePrinting:: June 22,2004
My RFE generated......:: Aug 19,2004 for Employment Verification
RFE generated for wife:: Aug 19,2004 - never received the RFE :-(
Sandkit, I have exactly (ok, almost exactly) the same situation as you.

RD: 10/7,02.
2nd FP: 5/20/04 for me, June last week for wife.
RFE for me: 8/18/04: Status & Employment verification
RFE for wife: 8/18/04: Generated but never received.

No LUD update on 9/20/04.

We are planning to call USCIS tomorrow to start an inquiry into my wife's RFE.

One question to both of you.

When did you add the dependant in GC process? In the beginning, i.e when you filed labor? or I140? or I485?

Thanks,
Mugdha.

When I got married my 140 and labor had already been cleared. She came on H4 and filed the 485 directly along with me.

We got married before filing for Labor.

I am sure that the Labor doesn't include 'spouse' information. If I am not wrong, I-140 app also doesn't include spousal information. You only indicate it at the I-485 stage.

Rfe

Mugdha,

I rec'd same RFE on 9/16. My lawyer asked me to provide him with 2 affidavits certifying my birth, name of my father and mother. I have yet to receive response from my lawyer (belongs to the same breed as your lawyer!).

What do you mean by LUD 1 .... LUD 2.... LUD 3.....

Thanks sandkit & chiind.

I was curious as my husband ( derivative applicant ), do not have any status change on his I-485 case. I informed my lawyer and added his name just before I-140 filing. But I did not know when exactly his name got added to my GC application.

ibcd92, LUD is Last updated. You get LUD when you register at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp

Ask your lawyer to fax you your RFE. They need original copy to attach with the reply. But you surely should see what exactly the RFE is about & how it looks like ;)

I am just praying right now. My project might get scratched. I am hoping that I will get the approval just before another black cloud comes.

::Worried::

Mugdha.

How long do I will have to wait?

What does CIS do after getting the RFE response?

Of course other than sitting on those file for couple of days.

Mugdha

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

After receiving the response they sit on it for ever. I replied to RFE in June still no updates from them. LUD changed for first few days and than nothing is happening.

I called then and they have standard answer that they are Processing Feb 2002 and each case is processed on Case by case Basis.

I don't know hy in first place they asked for RFE if they did not want to process it quickly enough .

NSC sucks big time.....