Please Help Me With My RFE

The status for my wife's case has changed today. As I told in my last posts we replied to my RFE on the 14th Sep, but we never received the RFE for my wife. SO we called the USCIS toll free # on the 20th. Surprisingly, we found a lady who was ready to hear our case. She said that she would send a note to NSC saying that we never got the RFE for my wife. Today I got a mail from NSC saying that

On September 23, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

So hopefully, this time we should get the RFE in our hands. Fingers crossed.

Sandkit,
Once again, I have the same message as yours. We called USCIS on 21st regarding my wife's missing RFE, and we got the same update email this morning.

I am hoping that the original RFE update was just a glitch and that there is no RFE at all. Lets see what this notice will say.

RFE Mailed

Do you guys know when you mailed RFE response to USCIS and after how many days they updated LUD?

July 02 RD
RFE2 generated 9/1/04
RFE2 Mailed by lawyer 9/23/04
RFE2 rec'd by USCIS 9/27/04

After mailing the RFE response, the LUD changed immediately for 2-3 days as seen in my footer below. But after that it went into an errie silence and no response after that. Still waiting and no lud changes after 17th.

Chiind - I received a letter from USCIS for my wifes RFE, saying that notice would be resent and an AR11 form(????). I dont know what it means and why they sent a letter saying that the notice would be resent and not the notice itself. Every thing is really very ambiguous.

Sandkit:
AR11 is change of address form. Did you change address on 800 number with USCIS recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another RFE for me. One for my husband too.

Hi Guys,

I am very discouraged to receive second RFE on my case.
We got RFE on my husband's case also. I do not know the detailes yet...just received e-mail with
On September 28, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

It must be Medical as Titanus vaccine was not avaible at the time of 485 filing. Of course, you can't predict anything with USCIS.
It might be for marriage, employment, or something which requires documents from home country and which is pain in ****.

So, another 10-12 days to get the RFE. And another minimum 10 days to reply. Then another (min) 10 days for approval.

See you guys next month.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Mugdha.

Maybe you were approved

Hi Mugdha:

Maybe it is a mistake and your cases may have been approved. I have seen some cases where the message changed to RFE sent after approval notices were mailed.
So good luck. It may not be RFE after all.

OH REALLY! If thats the case... I will be really very happy.
Right now, I am just preparing myself for another RFE...Just like ...Hope for the best .... prepare for worst...

I will let you all know the details once my lawyer gets the (RFE or Approval) letter.

Mugdha.

sandkit said:
After mailing the RFE response, the LUD changed immediately for 2-3 days as seen in my footer below. But after that it went into an errie silence and no response after that. Still waiting and no lud changes after 17th.

Chiind - I received a letter from USCIS for my wifes RFE, saying that notice would be resent and an AR11 form(????). I dont know what it means and why they sent a letter saying that the notice would be resent and not the notice itself. Every thing is really very ambiguous.
Sandkit,
We got the same letter. Infact, my wife called USCIS again as the notice had spelled her last name incorrectly. The rep said that wrong spelling isn't a problem. Also, the letter we got just tells us that they have asked Nebraska SC to resend the RFE again. This was the online update we saw. When Nebraska will actually respond to this inquiry is still up in the air.

Don't worry about the AR-11 form. They are including this with all their responses nowadays.

Is this weird or what?

As you know, I got e-mail yesterday from USCIS about my second RFE.
So, LUD was 9/28/04.

When I checked my status again today, for no reason, LUD is 9/29/04

And message is

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 28, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

IS THIS COMMON?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Mugdha

There is always LUD change , day after something happens. This is common. I think their system gets internally updated or something