Please Help Me With My RFE

mugdha2100

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got the RFE on my 485.

It is asking for a copy of your Education Borad Certificate, if it lists both your parents' names. If not, they need the oldest available evidence that lists both your parents' names such as medical records, school records, census records, government issued I.D. card, church records, etc.

Did anybody get this type of RFE? What did you submit?

I am really worried as most of my documents have my father's name only.

What document shall I ask my parents to send, that will have both my mother and father's name?

Please Please Please HELP ..............

Thanks,
Mugdha.
:confused:

In India, we had Ration card, which had all family members name

If you have any old Ration card, it might help, or any any old Domicile Certificate of State

back in school 1-10th class they used to give a red file,
i am not sure i will check once again they have ur photo and parents name.

This might help.

OR

NOTARY

Hi I had the same RFE and Submitted My secondary Board Certificate ( with only Fathers name) and Copy of My Passport ( with Mother Name) + affidavit from my parents. My Case is already approved

Oh Thanks a lot!

I am at this point very very very worried. My parents just now faxed the copy of our ration card. Unfortunately it is in local language. It has couple of mistakes (not updated info).

I have already submitted the affidavit from my parents when I filed 485 along with the birth certificate created newly in English.

So, if I submit Domicile certificate, college leaving (with father's name) and copy of old passport (with mothers name), will that be enough?

shall I need to translate the ration card here. or make affidavit of that in India from lawyer?

Guys I am so tired of this BS. I just want to finish this process ASAP.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mugdha.

Birth Cert

Mugdha,

I think a Ration Card or Voter's registration card should do for your purpose.

I have one question for you. When you submitted your newly issued English birth certificate, what was the DATE OF REGISTRATION on that birth certificate (was the date within 1 year of your birth?)

Could you please let me know?

Thanks,
SK...

The issue date was not within 1 year of my birth. That's why I guess they are asking additional evidance.

As i told before, ration card is in local language. I do not know what is the best & fastest option to translate that to English.
Voter's registration card will NOT have parent's name so I don't think it is very useful.

Any suggestions.

Mugdha.

Birth certificate's issue date is not important. What is important is the "Date of Registration" of the birth on the Birth Certificate, what is that in your case? If that date is within 1 year of birth they should not have raised the issue in the first place. Right?

SK...

I am primary applicant.

Right now, I do not know the date of Registration. Whatever is that, it is submitted already while filing for I-485 along with my father and mother's affidavit (prepared in early 2002).

I am trying to find the way of replying to this RFE so that I do not have to trouble my old parents.

I do have domicile certificate with my full name, College leaving certificate with Daughter of "my fathers name" on it. Also my 10th and 12th marksheets. I can show all that giving evidance of my father name.

But in india, we do not have the documents with Mothers name on it. If old passport copy is enough, I can submit that. My worry is, I have already submitted my passport copies. So, I am not giving any additional evidance with my mother's name.

My lawyer is third class. She did not reply me back from yesterday. I usually get all my answers from you. This forum is my last & most reliable resort. If I get the reply from my lawyer, I will let you know all. So that everybody will know how to deal with such situations.

Any suggestions guys...........

Mugdha.

mugdha2100 said:
Hi All,

I got the RFE on my 485.

It is asking for a copy of your Education Borad Certificate, if it lists both your parents' names. If not, they need the oldest available evidence that lists both your parents' names such as medical records, school records, census records, government issued I.D. card, church records, etc.

Did anybody get this type of RFE? What did you submit?

I am really worried as most of my documents have my father's name only.

What document shall I ask my parents to send, that will have both my mother and father's name?

Please Please Please HELP ..............

Thanks,
Mugdha.
:confused:

My Wife got the same rfe as you did and we have to respond to it.

I am thinking of putting the following documents.
1)Affidavit's from parents
2)SSC & Inter certificate which has fathers name
3)Ration card(Get it translated and notarized)
4)A letter from her school having both mothers and fathers name
5)Conduct certificate from her school has DOB and fathers name
6)Passport copy which has both father's and mother's name

Also she got additional rfe for Proof that we are living together in US.

Thanks,
octFiler.

Hi OctFiler,

Where did you translate and notarized the Ration card? Is it in India or here?
If here, can you please let me know the address and phone number or other details.

I guess I will also do the same.....
1. Notarized Ration Card
2. HSC certificate
3. School Leaving certificate
4. Passport copy
5. Domicile certificate

Please feel free to suggest us other options if any.

Thanks a lot,
Mugdha.

Last edited by a moderator:
mugdha2100 said:
Hi OctFiler,

Where did you translate and notarized the Ration card? Is it in India or here?
If here, can you please let me know the address and phone number or other details.

I guess I will also do the same.....
1. Notarized Ration Card
2. HSC certificate
3. School Leaving certificate
4. Passport copy
5. Domicile certificate

Please feel free to suggest us other options if any.

Thanks a lot,
Mugdha.

I havent translated it yet but am thinking of getting it translated in NJ.

Thanks,
octFiler.

Replied RFE after 40 days.

Hi All,

I sent my RFE response documents to my lawyer today. Hopefully, she will submit it before end of this week.
I submitted following documents.

1. Translated, notarized and copy of ration card in local language.
2. ID (voters) cards of both parents issued during earlier election.
3. Passports of both parents.
4. My old & new passport.
5. School Certificate (12th).
6. Two school leaving certificates.
7. Degree certificate.
8. My letter to US consulate for my parent’s visitor visa.
9. Company’s letter to US consulate in India for my parent’s visitor visa.
10. Affidavits from both the parents again.

Guys, please pray for me & for all our friends on the forum for the approval. I really do not want to see another RFE at this point.

I will let you know if I hear anything from USCIS.

Thanks,
Mugdha.

mugdha..

where did u translate the document.
just wanted to know more info regarding this just incase

I went to WorldLingo. www.worldlingo.com.

But I would not recommend that service. He told me that he will send me the documents in two business days, and took week & half to do translation. Even if, I provided him with the spellings of names & places, he still made mistakes. So, I had to get it done again from him with the corrections. Also, I had to call everyday to remind him to send that package.

I will suggest you to look for local company, at least, communication will be faster. And you can always pick up the package personally.

Mugdha.