Please help me to get my wife from India to US

Lookatrapidigm

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I came to United States on H1-B visa in 1999 Jun17th.I cleared my Labour and applied for I140/485/EAD on 2nd Dec 2003.I got receipts for I140,I485 and EAD on 10th Dec 2003.I went to India and i got married on 11th Feb 2004.

1)Question:please help me in getting her to United States without H4 visa stamping.Can i apply I485 & EAD to her in india itself and get her to US on EAD

2)Question:As US chennai consulate is asking for latest 3 w2 (2001,2002,2003 years),forms for H4 visa stamping,i have 2 valid w2 forms showing sufficient pay as per LCA($44k).But i don't have sufficient pay on other w2 form($14k).Please give me valid suggestions to proceed.

Please help me out

Thanks

What about visitor Visa. IF you have not Registered your marriage in india( Not sure if this really requires), you can remarry In US too. Register in US.

I am not sure if this will work. I am just giving tips.

-sank

Originally posted by Lookatrapidigm
Can i apply I485 & EAD to her in india itself and get her to US on EAD

No. She must be physically present in the US in order for her to file the I-485.

But i don't have sufficient pay on other w2 form($14k).Please give me valid suggestions to proceed.

The H-4 is the best bet, I'm afraid. What are you making now? Do you have recent regular paystubs?

Don't even try getting her in on a B, since she has immigrant intent. The folks at Chennai should be able to spot that one.

bring her here any visa doesn't matter....

keep her status a live...

make sure u got all doc set about married .. because it can be case of follow-to-join or you can file her 485 as dependent ....

once u got approved 485 she approves too........

again get all proof that u married before ur approval of 485.
and if possible send some update in 485 pettiton to make sure her name is regiestered in ur pettition

sound simple!!!!

but carefully prepare all doc with exp attorney

Good Luck.

P.O.J
rd 03/03
no FP yet

always smile :)
help ppl, so u get helped

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi TheRealCanadian
He(My friend) has all pay slips and W2 for 2003,2002 and 2001. but He has less pay in 2002 abt $14K. Rest is ok. That is why he is getting afraid.

Do not worry my friend had similar situation He has w2 less the 12K last year. He got stamped recently. Send your recent pay stubs a letter from employer. Do not get scared.
Usually Madras consulate does not create a problem with H4. Some people try to create sensation.

When I was coming to US 3 years before People in Ban galore were telling me take colored copies of Passport and Mark card. I just took Black and white copies. No questions were asked. Even same thing happened with my wife. She even forgot to carry my US address. She told the officer I forgot bring if you want I can call and get it. He said it is Ok and stamped the passport.

So do not get scared. Ask your wife not to show W2 unless specifically asked.