• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please help me..High school certificate + University Degree should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

waelh2001

I selected to be charged to Yemen(Myself and wife together hold a university degree). So, I need to show that my wife has at least a high school certificate which she has actually, and has also holds a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from the university. Since we live in the United Arab Emirates, and her certificates are from Yemen, do I need her certificates to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Yemen since our interview will be in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates?

Your wife is not expected to present educational documents or demonstrate she meets the educational requirements unless you are cross charging to your wife’s country of birth. So the question is are you cross charging to her country of birth?

Okay, you need to take a look at at the website of the US embassy in which your interview will take place to find out about their requirements.

Thanks for your help, I visited the website
it says
Documents showing that you have either a qualifying high school education OR two (2) years of qualifying work experience in the five (5) years immediately prior to application
Nothing is written about certification? ...The high school is stamped by the ministry of Education already but what about the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? hmmmm

Thanks for your help, I visited the website
it says
Documents showing that you have either a qualifying high school education OR two (2) years of qualifying work experience in the five (5) years immediately prior to application
Nothing is written about certification? ...The high school is stamped by the ministry of Education already but what about the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? hmmmm
If it doesn’t mention certification then you don’t need it. Usually this is not required. If there are questions about the document the embassy will contact your home country embassy for verification.