Please help I-90 efile question

SJOrl

Registered Users (C)
I just efiled my I-90 today because my green card has the wrong name on it. Do I need to send any supporting documents or any letters to explain the problem? Please help.

SJOrl said:
I just efiled my I-90 today because my green card has the wrong name on it. Do I need to send any supporting documents or any letters to explain the problem? Please help.
----------------
1 as you efiled you will get reciept of filing and then you will get NOA to go to nearest ASC.
2 when you go to ACS they will take photograph and fingerprint for the new CARD and at this time when you go to ASC you need to take your incorrect name Card, passport, marriage certificate or any USCIS reciept, wecome notice, EAD copy of AP copy or I-485 filing reciept to show your correct name

* when you get reciept or NOA please update the thread, because many still dont have the update because of change in filing I-90 how much time it takes to get NOA and then to get the new card.
** one person posted that he/she filed I-90 in june and got reciept in 10-15 days and got NOA after 2 months and is scheduld to visit ASC in september then wait for the card/

** did your case approved in local office? where?
the state where you stay now?
where was your I-485 filed? service center?
was I-485 employement based or family based?

ginnu said:
----------------
1 as you efiled you will get reciept of filing and then you will get NOA to go to nearest ASC.
2 when you go to ACS they will take photograph and fingerprint for the new CARD and at this time when you go to ASC you need to take your incorrect name Card, passport, marriage certificate or any USCIS reciept, wecome notice, EAD copy of AP copy or I-485 filing reciept to show your correct name

* when you get reciept or NOA please update the thread, because many still dont have the update because of change in filing I-90 how much time it takes to get NOA and then to get the new card.
** one person posted that he/she filed I-90 in june and got reciept in 10-15 days and got NOA after 2 months and is scheduld to visit ASC in september then wait for the card/

** did your case approved in local office? where?

Thanks for the info.
did your case approved in local office? where?
Yes, Orlando.

Yes, FL.

Local Office, Orlando

Family.

I called INS, they said it will take up to six months to get the new card.

SJOrl said:
Thanks for the info.
did your case approved in local office? where?
Yes, Orlando.

Yes, FL.

Local Office, Orlando

Family.

I called INS, they said it will take up to six months to get the new card.
---------------- where did you call the INS??? INS is no more it is USCIS, it seems that you talked to NCSC on 1-800 and they give wrong info
---thanks for the info.
Did they USCIS say that you CAN travel with this card that has incorrect name and your name on passport and on Card dont match.
update the thread when you get filing reciept or NOA.
Good Luck!!

ginnu said:
---thanks for the info.
Did they USCIS say that you CAN travel with this card that has incorrect name and your name on passport and on Card dont match.
update the thread when you get filing reciept or NOA.
Good Luck!!
The person on the phone said that I may have problem if I travel with the incorrect green card because the name does not match my name on the passport. She said if I want to travel for emergency, go to the INS office to get the stamp. Actually, I already have the stamp before I got the green card. So I still can travel without my green card within a year.