Please HELP:I-140 filed in May 2003, still pending!! Anyone in the same boat with me?

ncjeffnc

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Everyone,

Happy New Year 2005! I have been reading the posts of this forum for awhile, and this is my situation which is worrying me day and night:

In May 2003, my EB-3 (PD Nov 2001) RIR LC based I-140 was filed to TSC, concurrently with my I-485. After more than 19 months, it is still pending there!! I called the customer service number in Sept. 2004 (at that time, the published TSC I-140 processing date at the USCIS website was August 2003), and I received a response letter from Officer# 348 saying that they were processing I-140 applications filed in or before May 2003 (Why was a 3-month difference between the published dates and the dates they gave to me?).

On 11/12/2004, I called the customer service center again, and I received another letter from Officer #343 saying that "We are currently processing adjudicating cases received on or prior 08/25/03. Applications/petitions received after this date, are still pending and have not been reviewed. Applicaitons and petitions are assigned to officers in order of receipt. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted by mail upon review of your case. Your petition will be referred to a supervisor/officer for review."

I also asked for help of congressman and senator of my state to make inquires of the case. TSC told them that since my I-140/485 were filed concurrently, they must process them together when my I-485 is ready. And my name check is still pending at FBI.

My wife and I already fingerprinted twice, with the latest in December 2004. We applied EADs and APs and received approvals in time. On 12/30/2004, our I-485 status was updated:" on December 29,2004, your fingerprint was received and the process of your case was resumed......"

Does anyone have the same situation like me? Is anyone here whose I-140 was filed around May 2003 is still pending? Please post your response. Let us keep in touch and exchange some information.

What shall I do next? Thanks for any advice.

I am also exactly in same boat except my ND is 4/18/2003

EB2
ND 4/18/2003 for Both 140& 485

FP2 12/18/04
LUD 12/23/04.

AD hopefully soon

I am also in the same boat

MY ND is 04/02/2003
what ever we can do I did.Same answers from INS, god knows when they approve our cases.

yep.

same with me.

I140 ND 5/27/03 LUD 5/24/04
I485 ND 1/21/04 no lud
FP 10/23/04 no messages or lud

Even earlier than you

EB3
ND 4/18/2003 for 140 & 485, same as GCNC
LUD 10/20/2004

But my wife did get her 2nd FP notice on 12/31/2004, one month after contacting Congressman and Senator. Hopefully my FP notice will come soon and the ball will start rolling again!

Koenig,

I hope you get your finger print notice soon. Otherwise go along with your wife and request to give FP at ASC. If it is Charlotte office, the chances are very good.

GCNC said:
Koenig,

I hope you get your finger print notice soon. Otherwise go along with your wife and request to give FP at ASC. If it is Charlotte office, the chances are very good.
Without an FP notice, can one go to Charlotte and get FPed?
I thought that one can go there earlier than his/her scheduled appointment date mentioned in FP notice, but to get FPed one MUST have the notice.

Same situation here

I am in the same boat

EB1a

140 ND: Aug 7, 2003
485 ND: Jan 28, 2004
FP done: Sept. 14, 2004

AD, EAD -Approved

NO LUD since March 2004 (the time AP and EAD were approved), No LUD change before and after FP. Called 800 number, CIS responsed with the same message as ncjeffnc got.Sent email to FBI a month ago for name check status, no response yet.

Am I stucked in the FBI name check or just unlucky???

Hi, guys, let's keep in touch with each other here at the forum. Please post any progress you have in your case, so the rest of the group might benefit from your experience.

We are immigrating to this country, and getting the green card takes a little bit longer than we expected. That's ok, and we should not lose our hope. Cheer up, guys, WE WILL BE THERE. :)

Hello ncjeffnc

You mentioned in your earlier post saying, USCIS mentioned to senators querry that the name check is pending. Did you take any furhter actions to know, whether the name check is requested by USCIS with FBI or not. Lot of time, USCIS forget to request for name check.

I was intrested to know, have you done any thing to get status on u r namecheck.

I am also waiting for Appoval and here are the deatails
EB3, PD:04/18/2002
I140 ND: 10/28/2003
I485 ND: 11/28/2003
FP:03/17/2004
2nd AP aproved last week.

I sent an email to FBI asking for the status of my name check, back on 10/18/2004, but I have not received any response from them yet. I read some posts here saying that some people get response from their inquire of FBI, but some don't. What should we do to get a response from them?

My FP notice came

My FP notice came today. It is scheduled for 2nd week of Feb. Can my wife and I go and get it done earlier in Miami?

I don't know if the Congressman/Senator involvement had any impact but it cannot hurt for anyone in a similar situation to contact them. Just my 2 pence/paisa/cents.

Koenig

Guys one more from the same boat filed in march 2003, hit by Tsunami Retrogress strom and waitng for the relief from TSC my details

I140 03/14/2003 (unlucky day) ????? :confused:
I485 03/14/2003 (unlucky day) ????? :confused:
applied for second EAD and AD
second finger print done on 12/14/2004, but missed the bus at the last minute of the 31 DEC 2004

Please keep posting any new development and keep this thread alive, the only source of information.

Thanks and good luck to all :mad:

I am in the same boat

EB1A- Multinational Manager

140 ND: June 18, 2003
485 ND: June 18, 2003
FP done: August 2003
Second FP??

AD, EAD -Approved

LUD 12-08-04 .Sent email to FBI a month ago for name check status, no response yet.

Am I stucked in the FBI name check or just unlucky???

Luna, It looks like your FP expired contact the TCS for the fresh FP otherwise it will be delayed which I ignored and got struck. Contact the NSC if you have not done the second finger which is valid for only 15 months.