• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please help, can i have two different I-485 based on different categories (EB and DV)

spiicy

Hi everyone, I really need your advice on having two I-485s pending at the same time. My husband and i applied filed our application concurently under schedule A on the 1st of september this year and our AP and EAD have been approved. We recently found out about the cut off number for the nov. bulletin and it looks like we might end up joining the EB3 so we are deciding on applying for another I-485 based on the DV lottery since we were among the winners of the 2007 lottery.
Please share your advice with us since we are confused right now and our visa number for the lottery will be current this november.

You can run multiple AOS in paralell. but once one of those got approved, you had better withdraw another one.

GotPR? said:
You can run multiple AOS in paralell. but once one of those got approved, you had better withdraw another one.

Hi GotPR?,
thanks for you reply. Do you know anyone with experience on this and is there somthing supporting this, because i have read from a lot of forums that it can be done but when i asked my lawyer he said no and the immigration officers said no too. However people did it and they got approved.

Please share experiences and advice

Hi guys,
i really need to make a decision before next month. Please help me out if you can with the two I-485 issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I don't know... What I do know is that they asked me during the interview if I had another AOS process pending. I answered no since I didn't have, but I am not sure what they would do if I answered yes.

I already did

the problem is some say yes and others say no when i speak to them, that is why i am confused.

it's no problem

have employment I-485 pending for six months, and departing for the next week's DV interview in Warsaw. Anywhere I read, it's pretty clear that you can go after DV in parallel to other pending apps. Let's see if this 11-year journey ends soon.

Hi Spiicy,
I have heard of having two I-485 applications going on simultaneously from the old Eskimo board, but it is not my direct experience. If you did CP that would eliminate waiting time and likely confusion between FP, EAD etc.
When you asked USCIS did you ask over the phone or your local office? I would ignore the phone help line unless they put you through an immigration officer, even then I wouldn't take their word for it. But your local office is a different matter, they will follow THEIR procedures. I know it can happen, whether or not your local office and in particular the officer handling your case will accept remains to be seen, at the end of the day when dealing with USCIS you never NEVER know, for better or worse. My feeling (not advice) is to go for the DV, absolutely, but that's me.

Hope you find some clarity

Good luck

Barbara