Please help - 245(i) question !!!!!!

GCforever

I have an urgent question - I was laid off (from a computer consulting company) after I got my 1-140 approved, but BEFORE submitting my 1-485. My I-140 was approved BEFORE the April 30, 2001 deadline. To the best of my knowledge, the company did not revoke my 1-140. So my lawyer submitted an 1-485 (based on the 245(i) law), for me. I currently work for another company.
What are my chances of getting approved?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you

245i???

Why did your lawyer filed your I-485 based on 245(i)? Can anybody explain his lawyer\'s action? As far as I know, you can file your I-485 using the normal process and hope that your employer does not cancel the I-140 and hope that INS will take more than 6 months to adjudicate your case.

245(i)

As soon as someone gets laid off, he/she is out of status the day he/she stops working. Since in this case, the I-140 was approved before the cutoff date (April 30, 2001), the attorney did the right thing: taking the advantage of 245(i). It is much better to be 100 percent honest and truthful when anyone is applying for I-485, since, the applicant must provide his/her last 5 years work experience on a form. So, in this case, the attorney made a wise decision.

You are eligible for 245i

Make sure when he has filed 485 he has also filed the supplement A form plus $1000 fine. If he hasn\'t it will come back to haunt you later. Search discussions before, someone\'s 485 got rejected because they did not file the supplement A and $1000. This is a must requirement to take advantage of 245i. It is not late even now. All he has to do is attach a copy of the 485 Receipt notice, supplement A and $1000, you are good to go. You have no problem at all with your status. Best wishes.