Please explain this

txgcslave

Registered Users (C)
I called the CIS today. I requested to speak with IIO. Fair enough, I got thru. I requested an explanation to the delay in reaching a decision on my case since every deadline has passed. She put me on hold and then came back to say that on Feb 24, I got cleared from IBIS. So I asked what is that. She explained that it is Interagency Board Inspection System. This is to check for security purposes. I replied that I never heard of it before. She said well, every officer has his/her method of adjudicating. I thought there is a standard procedure to that. Obviously, I was wrong.

Anyway, she said that I have to wait 30 to 60 days after clearing the IBIS. I think this is B**** S***. Just another ignorant answer coming from a low paid government employee.

So please, if anyone knows what is this and can explain it please reply.

I belive you should get help to ur local Senator/Congressman........

It would take few weeks to get any reply from Sen/Cong and you also would have waited as they instructed......... ..

You do whatever u can do and leave everything on God..........

Good Luck to you. keep us update

I already did what one can possibly do. Almost everything, Congressman, Senator, faxes, letters, request-to-expedites, calling CIS, etc...
I run out of options.

It just seems that the longest mile is the last mile. I am tired of waiting and have no control over my own life. Is it too much to ask?

this is just a part of life..this isn't life on the whole..

goodluck and hope to see u get approved soon..

Madhav

I like to encourage you to do some more effort or start once again to approach to Congressman/Senators..... send them with previous letters as reference...... reffer them who else got approval after u...

But here is thing its not on ur favor ...... to ask them too much..... do u und what I am talking about......

the current processing date of TSC. that is 06/01

and if ur case was -15 -30 days of current date then you would have strong basis to ask......

anyway don't giveup ........just try once again........ wait for 30 days and see what happen

btw........... its a little to personal....... but are u from Special Registration counrty?

if yes then u are not alone in this situation......... don't give up keep pray and hope

good luck

CIS phone number?

Txgcslave (or any other informed soul),

Which phone number did you call at? When I called USCIS call center number 800-375-5283 (from USCIS.gov website,) the only information I got was what is on the case status web site. The lady there could not transfer me to any IIO. She also said if I wanted more information I need to write a letter to the service center and that there was no phone number. Thanks very much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by txgcslave
Anyway, she said that I have to wait 30 to 60 days after clearing the IBIS.

The fact that you passed the IBIS check is good news. I've heard of it before, and it's the standard procedure they use to check you out, beyond the FBI fingerprint check.

The statement, however, is complete BS. An IBIS check only is valid for 30 days so you can either expect your approval soon or wait a while longer. Keep your fingers crossed.

some thoughts

txgcslave,

Friend I can feel your worry,pain and frustation. There is no end to worrries.They come and they go. That's how life is.
For some whom GC is quick they may have other worries/pain.

There are somethings in life over which you have no control and that's fate.

I have done my best. If my GC is to be rejected it will be rejected no matter what i do and if i have to get GC i will get it even if an astroid hits.

Without GC, we still breathe and live healthly that's more important. Take life as it comes.

I never thought of all this when i was young. I learnt all this hard way. Live with it you and do your best, you will not feel the pain.

This is the first time i ever expressed my self in a forum.

Like we say hear in Georgia,

Thanks y'all.

By the way, I am not from Georgia, otherwise I wouldn't be needing the *&%*&^* GC. Again, thanks for your support.

One small word can go a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Txgsslave

I like to ask question about ur periroity Date /97 .... and gap between 485 filling....

would you like to share about 140 story?

'Lagta hay app ka saara kaam dayr say hee ho raha hay...koi sadqa wadqa kar dejeay......"

P.O.J

POJ,

It seems every step of the way in this process I face problems. My I-140 is as frustrating as my I-485. It took me 3+years to clear all departments of labor. I got stuck back in late 90s in the labor process because "the machine broke and they had no budget for a new one" for more than two years. Go figure.

Oooohooo!!!!

Yes u are right some ppl are realy stucked..and some lucky got quickly..... so I believe this would be somthing better for u to wait.......... and get later.... my 140 took 16+ monhts... some lucky ppl even filled late and even got GC + their family joined from India... ....

No complain its luck pure luck......... I believe ......when I read cases ppl are still waiting since 2001 then I say myself ...... may be there is some good reason for me to wait ..... and be patient ...... there would be something better for me. only God knows....

I have seen ppl went with pain more ....... not only waitng but uncertain situation..... like lost job..... other problems ..... when I see them and I think myself lucky .....that I am not like in trouble like others are....... so just be patitent and wait....... leave everything on God....... if he wishes... you would have ur GC....

Good Luck