Please call tier 2 operators

checkthisout, call again, different operators take different actions.

Make some excuse, try to say something complicated, not "case status"

DengDeng, Vidongre

I am in similar boat. My 2nd fingerprinting was done on October 25th and FBI sent the result the same day. I have tried speaking to Tier 2 but the Tier 1 said only if I make an iquiry three times, then I am eligible to transfer to tier 2.

My dates are similar to Vidongre:

RD: 12/26/01
ND: 01/10/02

FP1: 03/14/02

RFE: 06/09/03
RFE REC'D: 09/03/03

FP2: 10/25/03

Friends,

Plz update your online status whether update or not update

probably this will help us. Also plz mention your schedule date and actual fp date done.

When I spoke to tier1

I was given a similar reply that they could not transfer me to IIO (say IIO - they understand that).

Then I told her that I never rcvd any response from VSC even after initiating status query twice - and at this time I would like to speak with someone else than initiating another status query.

She transferred me - I guess I had a pretty annoyed tone... Try it!

Called Tier 2

Looks like my luck is really bad.
Called Tier 2 officer.
He asked me where am I call from?
I told city, state.
When I tried to him my case #, He said what's ur question?
I said my case status didn't update after 2nd fingerprinting.
He said send a copy of receipt to VSC with your question and self addressed blank envolope, they will respond back.
All crap.
That guy was so rude. He was stopping me in between asking only those questions which he was trained to.

I tried one more time. This time got a lady. I think ladies really do better job of customer service than men. Men get bored immediately with their jobs. Anyway, she was nice. She heard everything what I said and took the case # & checked.
Unfortunately she didn't have any extra knowledge about my case. She told me the same old crap. I also asked her weather she can able to find out about my 2nd fp status. She said she doesn't have access to that.

I never had a hope on VSC but dengdeng showed something which I didn't know. Talking to 2nd tier officer. Though it didn't help, thanks for sharing.

Re: Called Tier 2

I tried one more time. This time got a lady. I think ladies really do better job of customer service than men. Men get bored immediately with their jobs. Anyway, she was nice. She heard everything what I said and took the case # & checked.
Unfortunately she didn't have any extra knowledge about my case. She told me the same old crap. I also asked her weather she can able to find out about my 2nd fp status. She said she
doesn't have access to that.

I agree, anytime I spoke to men thay were very rude and above all impatient like they were doing us a favor by talking to us, lady officers are most of the time polite, the one who I spoke to in Tier 2 was a lady officer and she was very polite, 2 weeks back I spoke to a Male officer in Tier 2, he cut me short and gave very inconsistent replies.

This is my experience maybe someone else got a helpful male officer.

mdh. did the operator tell you what's the status of yoru case?

They can see the last actions of your case. Ask about last action.

My last action was background cleared in May 2002, which is weird, that's probably the CIA check I guess.

If the 2nd fp is not update online, they can't see it from their terminal. They can only see actualy actions. If the 2nd fp is updated, then they can see it. My 2nd fp is not updated, my spouse's is.

vidongre, your 2nd fp was not updated online, but can tier 2 officer see it on their terminals? did you ask? They just said about background check?

I didn't ask her about last action.

She told me that your case has been delayed because of RFE. We have received your response and will let you know if anything is required.

http://www.masudafunai.com/english/practices/immigration/up11-17-03.asp

As per this other thread, I think these officers don't see the updated status of 2nd FP and that's why they are not touching these cases as they think 2nd FP is still due.

Did anybody see a case before in which 2nd is not updated but case got approved?

Phone#

Hi,

I also completed my second FP in OCT. Can some one plzz post the phone# to contact BCIS?

LSB

1-800-375-5283, press 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, until the automatic message for your case status, then afterwards, press 9

Rude tier 2 rep

Deng Deng
I called tier 2 but a lady answered and was ver y rude and even threatened me that she would send my A# to somebody to have me deported
What should u do in situations
I told her to tell me when these cases are arpproved? avg time
she was rude with all the answers
harohalli

Originally posted by dengdeng
You can ask. She'll tell you.

DengDeng,

I couldn't able to get hold of her back again...Can you please tell me generally how many days it may take for clearing the FBI check.

called BCIS

1. Just called BCIS and asked for tier 2.
2. She asked me why do you want to talk to tier2, I said my case status is not updated after 2nd FP.
3. She said is anything else I can help you out, I said no....
4. Then she tried to transfer me to IIO couple of time, I can hear beep sound.
4. after 30 second she said, all the lines are busy you will have to call another time.

:eek:

This is true.

Originally posted by mdh
I didn't ask her about last action.

She told me that your case has been delayed because of RFE. We have received your response and will let you know if anything is required.

http://www.masudafunai.com/english/practices/immigration/up11-17-03.asp

As per this other thread, I think these officers don't see the updated status of 2nd FP and that's why they are not touching these cases as they think 2nd FP is still due.

Did anybody see a case before in which 2nd is not updated but case got approved?

Here is some info I would like to share:

I did my 2nd FP on 06/19/2003
When almost three months past then I contacted congressman and they called BCIS.
BCIS told to the lady who called from congressman that they are waiting for my 2nd FP
The lady from congressman told BCIS that the 2nd FP was done on 06/19/2003 then BCIS asked the lady for hold and BCIS replied that yes they did receive the 2nd FP but for some reason their data base was not updated. Then BCIS said that they will resume the process on this case and with 60 days I should hear from them.

But that was not true after 60 days past and didn’t hear from them I called congressman on 11/13/2003 and asked if they can call BCIS. After she spoke to BCIS she called me back and said that my case has been assign to an officer on Oct 3rd and they are waiting for my name & date of birth check sound like background check and it may take a week or 120 days.

The lady from congressman told me that let wait for 30 days and we will call if we didn’t hear from them.

Now I am not sure if my case was assigned to an officer after the first call of the congressman or???

Now I do have a question that if they will approve my case at VSC or they will transfer it to local office?

Please advise.

RD 10/19/2001
ND 11/27/2001
FP 02/14/2001
RFE 12/09/2002
2nd FP 06/19/2003
3rd EAD applied 11/14/2003