Please call tier 2 operators

Obviously the flow of 2nd FP goes like this

2nd fp issued -> 14 days later send to the applicant

--> 1 months later, scheduled 2nd fp date reached -> 1 month

later, case assigned to officer -> name, background check again

-> 1 week - 120 days later back to officer -> some days later

case approved.

khan, your case actually has been temporarily approved. If your case would be transferred or RFE, then they wouldn't do the check. The check is the final step. I'll say 99% your case has been reviewed and will be approved very soon.

Can you tell us when was your 2nd FP scheduled?

Flaw

But is this process not flawed, specially people from Asian continent, I am specifically talking about India, thousands of people have the same last name and maybe same date of births like there can be thousands of Singh, Gupta and Khans.... there should be something else to this too like SSN etc...otherwise no wonder it will take 120 days...

i called yesterday but not much info

i wanted to ask if my 140 has been received from the NVC to vsc. NVC already confirmed that last year by fax and this week through phone call.
The officer just said that he cannot confirm that the form is with vsc. it just shows as being approved. I guess he was checking the online status. but he said that as long as I was eligible to apply for 485 and 140 was approved, the location of140 wasnt an issue.
I also asked for 2nd fp. he said that 2nd fp is determined by service center whether one needs it or not.
the 15 month rule doesnt hold true (he said), its just individually determined.
:confused:

when to expect 2 fp.

Edison,Dengdeng,all guru's,

I am a March filer and My first FP was in June second week. My fingerprints expired in September. when should I expect my second Fp notice. Recently I did an enquiry with VSC. the IIO said IF they need second fp then VSC will send the notice. what should I do?

dengdeng

Originally posted by dengdeng
Obviously the flow of 2nd FP goes like this

2nd fp issued -> 14 days later send to the applicant

--> 1 months later, scheduled 2nd fp date reached -> 1 month

later, case assigned to officer -> name, background check again

-> 1 week - 120 days later back to officer -> some days later

case approved.

It was schedule on 06/19/2003, so I didn't do early 2nd FP.