Please advise

dylan carys

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My girlfriend is holding H4 as a dependent, she intend to travel back to her native country for a few months. May i know what are the necessary requirements to travel? What is the maxium duration stay while out of the states? Will she risk been not be able to travel back to the states?
pls advise as i going to booked a air-ticket for her soon.

Tks!!!

Dylan

H-4 visa holders do not have any restrictions as far as staying outside the US is concerned. I am assuming that one of her parents is the H-1B holder? If so, she can return as long as she is under 21.

My girlfriend is holding H4 as a dependent, she intend to travel back to her native country for a few months. May i know what are the necessary requirements to travel? What is the maxium duration stay while out of the states? Will she risk been not be able to travel back to the states?

Pls advise.

She is 25yrs of age. Her I-94 stated that she can remain in the states as long as she wish to. Her attorney is advising against leaving....but can apply outside states for one month for a admin charge of $200. Any problem with that?
Dylan

Who holds the H1B visa which results in her H4 status?

At 25, I would expect it to be her husband; if so, how can she be your girlfriend?

She is 25 and on an dependent child H-4 status? I thought one cannot stay beyond one's 21st birthday in that status. Also there is no date on her I-94? Does it state "D/S"?

She is 25yrs of age. Her I-94 stated that she can remain in the states as long as she wish to.