• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please advise

dylan carys

Registered Users (C)
Hi, can a person after winning the DV and have been to the states less than one month and return to her native country for some special reasons? (Do not want to apply for the GC anymore)
Pls Advise

Pl advise

My girlfriend and her parents (vietnamese) have reached the states for less than one month after the DV. They also have affidavit support. Less than a month, my girlfriend wish to return to vietnam, can she do so?
Pl advise

There is no problem from an American point of view. But what about the Vietnamese: she needs a national passport valid for entering the country and money for an air ticket. After she arrives home she can visit US Embassy to return the green card by filing I-407.

No green card yet

She don't have a green card as she just arrive less than a month. She have a valid passport and money for air ticket. So meaning she can return anytime or go anywhere without any liability? How about in the near future, when she decide to visit her parents in the states? Will she be denied entry?

Tkx n Pls Advise

She doesn't have a plastic, but she has a stamp in the passport that is an evidence of the status. Filing I-407 will let her to obtain visitor visas. Also for the less then a year away visit she can use her status evidence, and not file I-407 for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ammeck09 - I don't think you are right to say December or January. The first question you need to ask is which country is Chinasa12 from? If not from Nigeria you may be right. But from the name, I guess Chinasa12 is from Nigeria (I'm also a Nigerian), so if I'm right and talking with reference to previous years visa bulletin, that number usually get scheduled for interview btw August and September.

@Chinasa12 - My case number is just like that of Chinasa12. Our case numbers are pretty high so what I'm gonna do which I'll advice you to also do is to apply for DV2011 immediately it starts in case we are not scheduled for interview. Although we pray for the best to happen but my dear let's be honest with the high case number and do what is necessary in case ...........

@Ammeck09 - I don't think you are right to say December or January. The first question you need to ask is which country is Chinasa12 from? If not from Nigeria you may be right. But from the name, I guess Chinasa12 is from Nigeria (I'm also a Nigerian), so if I'm right and talking with reference to previous years visa bulletin, that number usually get scheduled for interview btw August and September.

@Chinasa12 - My case number is just like that of Chinasa12. Our case numbers are pretty high so what I'm gonna do which I'll advice you to also do is to apply for DV2011 immediately it starts in case we are not scheduled for interview. Although we pray for the best to happen but my dear let's be honest with the high case number and do what is necessary in case ...........

Thanks for the correction, I never give thougth about Nigeria being exception.