• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please advise ..

DvWinner

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am a winner from Asia (AS98XX) for DV2005... I had informed KCC in August about my decision to do AOS ... I just got a letter from them asking me to file for AOS as soon as possible .. But my number is not yet current ... Please advise as to what I should do !!

Thanks

DvWinner said:
Hello,
I am a winner from Asia (AS98XX) for DV2005... I had informed KCC in August about my decision to do AOS ... I just got a letter from them asking me to file for AOS as soon as possible .. But my number is not yet current ... Please advise as to what I should do !!
Thanks

funny, why would you wait?

i mean many of us on this forums aren't that lucky.

i have seen someone who has been in the country for over 20 yrs yet still don't have a green card.

I'm waiting because my number is not yet current, and the USCIS office says that I have to wait until my number becomes current ...

But for that doesn't your number have to show up in the visa bulletin ??? mine has still not showed up in the bulletin ...

becareful

yes i read it also there (eskimo), becareful!!!
if KCC have sent you any mail in regards to that, then you can have that as evident.

What to do???

Same thing over here. I won the DV2005. I sent everything I supposed to send to KCC on July. I also got another letter from KCC. Then I called them last week regarding my interview. They told me to file I485 (AOS) as soon as possible. They even told me to make an appointment to local CIS to discus about filing AOS. I did same thing as they told me to do. When I talked to the local CIS officer, she said I should wait until my case number becomes current. My number starts with AS76xx. She said the number may be current in June and asked me to come back in june to check with them. I heard CIS takes long time to process AOS. So if I file AOS in june then I may not meet the deadline to adjust my status by September 30th. Another thing is the local CIS officer even warned me if I do file AOS before my number be current, they may deny my application. So I am kind of puzzled right now what to do?

Which is your local USCIS office ? Mine is NYC .. nobody there knows anything about DV .. and after waiting for hours the only answer I got is to come back when my number becomes current ..mine is AS9XXX ..so no idea how late it will be before it becomes current ... I'm confused too .... let me know how it goes with you

Confussion, confussion, confussion.....

I doubt if the organizers of this DV program have a well-defined process in place for AOS. I am always hearing different stories. Some offices are taking cases that are not current, others are not. Others are accepting and later rejecting. It is a great source of worry to me how this process is going since mine is in the pipe line. Check this link for some info. http://www.eskimo.com/~parents/cgi-bin/readpost.cgi?post=51474

I guess some offices are NOT even considering case numbers. :confused: :confused:

Please comment of this issue. :p

I'm in NYC and the officer asked me to mail my forms to Chicago address after my number becomes current ..this was before I got the letter from KCC ..

I765 with I485

I am in Denver. The CIS officer handed me the I765 form along with the I485 package saying i have to pay $315 for AOS and $175 I765. i am wondering if we can apply I 765 while apllying I485.
Nobody knows what actually we supposed to do. they have differnt system in state to state. if you guys have any idea please let me know.
thanks

When my paperwork was submitted to SF office, along with I-485 my lawyer also included I-765 (employment authorization). Once I've got receipt notice, with it also came fingerpinting notice and notice to pick up EAD.