Plastic Card Tracker...Stamped location, date, VSC, waiting...

what I am saying is the copy mailed to your home is called

courtesy copy which has your home address on it, the original copy mailed to lawyer only has lawyer office address, when you go for stamping, INS officer will copy down whatever address on the approval notice you give to them into Form I-89 , so if you give your copy which is courtesy copy , they will write down your home address, if you give lawyer\'s copy which is original , most likely they will write down lawyer\'s address on Form I-89 , form I-89 is what your plastic card will be made upon, including your address , finger print, etc.

INS is NOT stupid. They mailed my son\'s card to my house

even though I gave them the original approval notice. You are assuming too much. INS knows the difference between your attorney\'s address and your own. The Form I-89 is sent to the Service Center and there it is processed and then a card is ordered.

Hi, Guys here is the updated list.

May be i can take charge of udating the list. Since long time it is not updated.

about coutesy copy and original copy

I would say they don\'t matter in most cases.

I went to have my passport stamped right after I received coutesy copy, because I know Boston office accepts coutesy copies. It worked fine for me, I already got the plastic card. Two days after the stamping, I got mail from my attorney, with original copy and a letter of instructions for stamping. She stated clearly that I should use original copy for stamping because it is the offical copy, coutesy copy is just FYI.

So my suggestion is: go stamping as early as you can with whatever copy you have. You will never know when INS will slow down their process, so don\'t waste your time wondering. INS database has all the information about you and your family. You will be fine.

Should INS take the courtesy copy?

I went to Baltimore service center for my passport stamping with my courtesy copy. Everything went through fine but the officer did not take my courtesy copy and just returned it to me. Should they take my courtesy copy for my personal info such as name, address and A#? Did anybody have the same experience?

as long as they wrote down everything on I-89 form , you \'re fine.

do you remember INS officer wrote down something on a form which you had your index finger print on ? they usually copy your A# , address, category , etc from your approval notice into that form.

if they did, you don\'t need worry , your card will come.

I used original approval notice from Attorney for stamping

Hence I was concerned, because I rather like to have the plastic card sent to my home address. Does anyone else have similar experience? (Original notice was used for stamping, but plastic card was sent to home address, NOT to Attorney)

chicago INS office stamping experinces ?

Will be stamping the passport next monday 4/29 in chicago INS, anyone wish to share their experiences at Chicago INS office?

Also, what is the typical waiting period before I can receive my plastic card ?

Thank you.

stst

Yes, 908 already got his card, he stamped in philly at 03/18/02

Did you check your AVM to see if card was ordered? if was ordered, it\'s coming to your home soon.

What is the phone number to check for card status ?

Please let me know what is the phone # to check the card status and what we need to input in AVM?
Thanks.

same # vsc 802-527-4913 Instead of saying apporved if the card is orderd it will say card ordered

Thanks for your reply.

I remembered the INS officer wrote down something but don\'t know exactly. I hope he copied my name, address and A# into I89 form.