Plastic Card Tracker for entire Nebrasca

Originally posted by senpal
I received the plastic card yesterday both for myself and spouse.

Interview date: 04/22/03
Approved date: 04/24/03
Stamping date: 04/29/03
Plastic card : 05/24/03

The online case status is not changed since Nov'2002. It still says "Your application is transferred to Local INS...".

I also received a Welcome Notice on 05/13/03, for "I-181 Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence". It stated that I am welcome to permanent resident status in the US and that I will receive the card within the next 3 weeks.

Hi Senpal,
Where are you located? Where was your case Transferred to?
Thanks.

We should start petition

We should tell Mr. Khanna to start petition for Plastic card as NSC is only one taking 8 months. What you think...

approved date : 5/16/03
stamping date : 5/27/03
PC issue date : 6-12 mos as per INS officer

I'm from Michigan and am curious if each state has their own time..i.e. some faster while others are slower. I was kinda expecting mine in less than 90 days so I was pretty shocked to hear it'll take so long.

I guess looking at my horrified expression, the INS officer elaborated that I can always come back after 12 mos to have the stamp revalidated free of charge. yeah, that's a big help!!

Hi Deputydawg,

Even I got my stamping done at Detroit INS today..!!
(token # 307, reached inside office at 8:10am)
Might have definetely seen you around..!!

The officer told me and my wife the same thing..12-15 months to get plastic card..

I realised only after coming home, that I forgot to write my name and A# behind the photographs..

Will that create any problems..?

GC4ME

I'm sure i must have seen you. I was done by 9:30am and came in around 7:54ish. My call # was 303. it took over one hour for the line to move from 301 to 303. typical INS delay!!

The reason why they ask us to put name and a# behind the photos is if your photo gets separated from the notice letter/file, then they can track the photo to the right application. I saw the immigration lady put mine inside a ziploc bag along with my receipt notice so i assume that if she loses the whole thing (god forbid), then i'll be in much bigger trouble than not writing something down in the back of my photo. so don't worry about it.

Deputydawg,

I saw you at the counter..!! You were wearing a gray blazer/suit..
When I came in the token no. running was 301.. that was at 8:15am...303 no. rang up around 9:20am..

These guys are pathetic.... but its finally over..

And now starts the loooong wait for plastic card..!!

Finally- Fat lady sings

My wife and I received our Plastic cards

Center NSC

Approval Date 2002/09/05

Stamped Date 2003/10/13 (stamped Newark)

Card was ordered 2003/05/13

Received 2003/05/27

Lesson learnt " When moving Please send new address via mail and follow up to ensure changes are in effect, and there is nothing wrong in reconfirming again somtime after too"

A Special thanks to Mr Khanna (& his associates) for maintaining such an informative site, where ppl just dont hesitate to jump in and offer helpful information.

Thanks to everybody in this site, please continue to help each other out like always. "GOD BLESS"

THOUGHTS
"I always wondered who came up with this concept of a common portal for us 'aspirants'"

Platic card timing

Interview and AD: May 2nd 2003 (interview at local center: Detroit)
Went for Stamping: May 14th 2003
Welcome letter rcvd: May 28th 2003 (says card will be mailed within next 3 weeks)

I guess if you have had a local interview approval, the card could come within 1-1.5 months from AD. Atleast, I hope for that to happen.

jr4gc

JR4GC

If I am not violating your privacy, could I ask why was your file transferred to Detroit INS. How long before you got an Interview later after the file was transferred? What were the questions asked at the interview? I am asking these questions because my file was also transferred recently as per AVM. Online message has not changed as yet and also nothing has been received from BCIS Nebraska or BCIS Detroit.

Thanks
Rajju

info available

Rajju: Please search for threads in this forum with my id and you will get answers for your Qs.

jr4gc, At the time of my stamping BCIS told me that it would take between 6 to 12 months to receive the card but I received it within a month. Its certainly faster for local approvals. I received the card in one week after getting the welcome notice. Goodluck.

Here are my details...

Passport Stamping date: -- 5/30/03
Local INS -- Atlanta, Georgia
Interview at local INS -- NO
Plastic Card -- Waiting

travel

Passport Stamping date: -- 03/18/2003
Interview at local INS -- NO
Plastic Card -- Waiting .

Folks,
Please share your experience wrt the following questions,

Do you think passport stamping be enough with out the plastic card for travel outside USA?

I am going on a Trip to Europe, do you think I need schengen Visa?

Will there be any re-entry issues?
Thank You.

There are tons of posts on your question

but here's a quick reply from my experience
yes the stamp is enuf for u to travel,though at many Ports of Entry into the US I had to go thru INS Secondary
As for shengen Visa - I do not know which country of citizenship u possess,as the same rules apply,even with GC,as ur country of citizenship has not changed
cheers man
Jack

Got plastic card:Details

RD Nov 8th 2001
No RFE/same job
AD May 2nd 2003 (local interview at Detroit center)
Stamping date May 21st 2003
Plastic card Rcvd: June 9th 2003 (also got card for my wife)

Card came approx 1 month after interview.

jr4gc

Received green card today.
AD: 30 th Oct 2002
Stamped on: Nov 17th 2002
Card ordered: 3rd June 2003
Card Received: 13the June 2003

Plastic Card Ordered.

AD: Nov 20 2002
Stamped on: Dec 14th 2002 (Chicago)
Card ordered: 13th June 2003
Card Received: waiting

Regards