Plastic Card Tracker for entire Nebrasca

Plastic card question!

I checked the progress about the plastic card
issue from this site and rupnet. the date to
issue card is relates to state which you are?
is it right?

My case was approved on June 4th, nothing
happened so far, I'm in Michigan

Do we use same receipt# of I-485 to track
Platics card?

Thanks!

Re: Plastic card question!

Originally posted by nasdaqplus
I checked the progress about the plastic card
issue from this site and rupnet. the date to
issue card is relates to state which you are?
is it right?

My case was approved on June 4th, nothing
happened so far, I'm in Michigan

Do we use same receipt# of I-485 to track
Platics card?

Thanks!
you need the LIN number and it does not depend on states. it depends on your pure luck.
good luck and everything will be ok soon.

Hi ,

I received my approval in August but not yet received my card. Can I change my employer now as I got a good offer?. Will it effect my chance of getting plastic card?.

Thanks

Originally posted by SRI09
Hi ,

I received my approval in August but not yet received my card. Can I change my employer now as I got a good offer?. Will it effect my chance of getting plastic card?.

Thanks
You are fine. Do whatever you need.

Card arrived

PD 2/10/00
RD 6/7/01
ND 7/25/01
AD 7/25/03
Stamp 7/31/03
Card ordered 10/08/03
Card mailed 10/10/03
Card received 10/20/03 (via forwarded mail)

Card ordered on Oct 21

Approved/Stamped on Mid August, 2003.
ND: Late Nov 2001
Card ordered Oct 21, 2003.
Changed address. Filed AR-11. Waiting to see whether the card is mailed to the new adress or not.

Does the actual plastic card get forwarded by US mail

I heard that there are stamp on the envelop that contain the actual card that "Dont Forward. Return service requested". Is that true? According to the post of MYX that is not true. Just double checking. Please post your experience about BCIS mail forwarding.

It does not look like the normal INS letters which say "do not forward", it actually looks like a credit card mail (a lot of credit cards come from Lincoln, NE), in my case the letter got forwarded with no problems.

Thanks MYX,

Good to know the info. from you . I am going to move in a couple of weeks and waiting for my card. They just ordered it on Oct. 22.

Stamped on 10/21/03...Plastic Card ?

My green card processed and approved (10/7/03) at Vermont, but my passport stamped at Los Anglese, CA, since I am living in Los Anglese (my current project in Los Anglese, but my company in Pittsburgh, PA).

Stamping at Los Angeles makes any delay to get the plastic card ?

because the INS stamping officer said, the plastic card is taking 10 months, is that true ?

Do i get the Plastic card from Vermont ? (since i was approved from Vermont)

Thanks for your answers.

I was told it will take 12-18 months but my card ordered just after two months. What I saw in this forum the card order time after passport stamp is on average 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 months.

I saw that some of you are talking about "order date" for the card. How do you find out when your card was ordered ? Is there a phone number or something like that where I could find out what's going on.
Thanks

Plastic card has been ordered

Approved date: 6/2/2003
Stamped date: 6/14/2003
Card ordered date: 10/24/2003
State: MI

Approved 10/29/03

Approved and stamped 10/29/03. Local Chicago Xfer.
Plastic Card waiting. See local transfers under NSC forum for case details.

My details

EB-1, Cincinnati, OH
RD 08-17-2001
ND 09-17-2001
FP 04-30-2002
AD 01-30-2003
PP Stamped, I-89 completed 02-14-2003
I-89 completed again (fingerprint didn't come out cleanly the first time) 10-17-2003
CO 11-03-2003
CM 11-07-2003
Card forwarded by post office at old address 11-12-2003
Card received at new address 11-17-2003

The envelope containing the card does not have a stamp that says "Return Service Requested" as most envelopes from CIS do. The envelope is unremarkable, has only the stamping date and postage paid on the front and nothing on the back. The flap in the upper left corner has the PO Box address for CIS in Lincoln Nebraska and the lower left flap has the card recipient's address.

If you are going to change address (or have already changed address) and are waiting for your card, there's no reason the post office at your old address shouldn't forward the envelope to your new address assuming you have filed a change of address form with USPS and it's been less than the customary time period within which USPS forwards your mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved after transfer to local office

My wife and I got the approval and stamp from the Chicago office on 11/19/03. Details below.