Planning to Travel together With Spouse, Infant Baby & Mother. Any possible problems at POE?

krishchaitanya

Hi All,

My company in India is sponsoring my travel to US on L1 VISA for a period of 8 months. My mother already has a Vistor VISA which was stamped in the last year with 10 years validity. For my mother's VISA interview, her brother (in US) had sent invitation letter in which he mentioned that he'll be sponsoring her visit. She got her VISA but did not travel to US last year.

Now, I'm planning to take my mother along with me, my spouse and baby to the place i'd be staying. This place is different from where my mother's brother stays in US. She may be going to her brother's place and be there for a month or so. I'm the only son and do not have any siblings.

Would we be facing any problems at POE for my mother? Can we still show the invitation letter, sponsorship letter that her brother in US had sent us last year for the VISA interview? Does my mother need to carry any documents other than these invitation letter, sponsorship letter, flight itinerary(along with return ticket)?

Do you advise me to travel first and then have my mother and spouse travel at a later date? Should i sponsor her in this case? or rather can i sponsor her if she travels after a couple of weeks along with my spouse? Should the sponsor at the time of VISA interview and the sponsor at the POE be the same?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

What is the purpose of her trip to the US? Live with you? You and your dependents will be entering the US with L-1/4 statuses. She will be a visitor, if granted entery.

Now, I'm planning to take my mother along with me, my spouse and baby to the place i'd be staying. This place is different from where my mother's brother stays in US. She may be going to her brother's place and be there for a month or so. I'm the only son and do not have any siblings.

What is the purpose of her trip to the US? Live with you? You and your dependents will be entering the US with L-1/4 statuses. She will be a visitor, if granted entery.

She would like to visit US and see a couple of places like Niagara falls, New York etc. She would return after 5-6 months.