PIO card question for my Son

x-ers

Registered Users (C)
My Son is an US citizen and right now hold an Indian Visa.
Me and my wife became naturalized US citizen and got our US passports.
I am planning to apply for PIO card for myself and my wife.
At the same time I want to apply for my Son .
The question is.... Since I hold a US passport on what basis I should claim my Son's PIO ?.
For a PIO...
1) One should have held Indian passport OR
2) Parent/Grand parent is born in India and permanently resident in Inidia.

Should I get the copies of my parents passport for my Son's PIO as I don't fall into above 2 categories ? .

Let me know If anybody who were in the same situation and have applied and got the PIO.

Thanks in advance

My Son is an US citizen and right now hold an Indian Visa.
Me and my wife became naturalized US citizen and got our US passports.

I am planning to apply for PIO card for myself and my wife.
At the same time I want to apply for my Son .

The question is.... Since I hold a US passport on what basis I should claim my Son's PIO ?
----------------------- Don’t you have your cancelled Indian passport? If yes then on that base you can apply PIO for son.
For a PIO...
1) One should have held Indian passport OR
2) Parent/Grand parent is born in India and permanently resident in Inidia.
-------------------------- You and your wife are parent and if you both had
Indian passport in past then attach the copy of Indian passport if you both did not had Indian passports then Your parents passports copy

Should I get the copies of my parents passport for my Son's PIO as I don't fall into above 2 categories ? .
-----------------------------YES.And also get affidavit from your father stating that your father is Indian citizen and you(your name) were born to your mother (her name) on date… at Place…. Get the affidavit notrized in India or get the affidavit made before executive magistrate in India.
**** if your Birth certificate has father or mother name also attach the copy.

Let me know If anybody who were in the same situation and have applied and got the PIO.

Thanks in advance

**** If your Father or Mother is Indian citizen then you are also eligible for OCI