Pinging Johnny Cash and other gurus - N400 documents clarification from sticky above

atlantabhopali

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am visiting this forum after a long time and it is wonderful to see selfless people like Johnny Cash investing the time in answering questions. Hats off to you!

I have a few questions for my N400 application. Mine is a straightforward case - got employment based GC 5 years ago and now am ready to file for Naturalization. Filing N400 for wife (who is also on GC) as well.

Questions on documents to be sent ALONG WITH the application:

1. Selective Service: I came to US on F1 (student) visa when I was 23 yrs old. Got my H1 when I was 26.5 years old. Do I need to include any letter from Selective Service?

2. Do I have to **send** my birth certificates (and my kids) along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

3. Do I have to **send** my marriage certificate along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

4. Do I have to **send** employment letter, pay stubs, or lease agreements along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

5. Finally, do I have to **send** a copy of the passport along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

Please advise.

-Ab

1. Your status was that of a legal nonimmigrant up until the age of 26. As such, you were not required to register with Selective Service. ANy IO should be able to figure that out. If you feel like getting a status letter anyway, go ahead, but you really don't need it.

2. No need to send birth certificates. Definitely have them ready at the interview, just in case the IO decides to ask.

3. Same as above. Bring it to the interview.

4. There is no need to submit an employment letter, pay stubs, or lease agreements. For that matter, there's no need to have them at the interview either.

5. No need to send a copy of your passport. Have it ready at the interview, in case the IO needs it to verify travel dates.

That's about it. Since your case is straight-forward, you probably won't even be asked to provide any of the above documents, other than the marriage certificate.

Gurus,

I am visiting this forum after a long time and it is wonderful to see selfless people like Johnny Cash investing the time in answering questions. Hats off to you!

I have a few questions for my N400 application. Mine is a straightforward case - got employment based GC 5 years ago and now am ready to file for Naturalization. Filing N400 for wife (who is also on GC) as well.

Questions on documents to be sent ALONG WITH the application:

1. Selective Service: I came to US on F1 (student) visa when I was 23 yrs old. Got my H1 when I was 26.5 years old. Do I need to include any letter from Selective Service?

2. Do I have to **send** my birth certificates (and my kids) along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

3. Do I have to **send** my marriage certificate along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

4. Do I have to **send** employment letter, pay stubs, or lease agreements along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

5. Finally, do I have to **send** a copy of the passport along with the N400 application or just have them ready for the interview?

Please advise.

-Ab