• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Picture older than 6 months - disqualified?

Dear Toldo and Njobam Elvist, I don't recommend you to upload your photos to the forum sites. There could be some people who already submitted an application to disqualify you. They don't need to know your name, birthday etc. Uploading same photos with different data even will disqualify you. I hope you will be more careful next year.

Dear Toldo and Njobam Elvist, I don't recommend you to upload your photos to the forum sites. There could be some people who already submitted an application to disqualify you. They don't need to know your name, birthday etc. Uploading same photos with different data even will disqualify you. I hope you will be more careful next year.

Thanks Dawnfall for your advice.

I think no one would do that cos it will be disqualify any way I have recieved a mail from a lawyer when I asked him about the pic and he told me the pic is wrong after I submit my app :(. He told me the head should be between the two ovals not out side the ovals in at Photo Cropper Tool.

I think no one would do that cos it will be disqualify any way I have recieved a mail from a lawyer when I asked him about the pic and he told me the pic is wrong after I submit my app :(. He told me the head should be between the two ovals not out side the ovals in at Photo Cropper Tool.

Never mind what the lawyer says.

your lawyer is wrong. The photo cropper is not the ultimate tool that you "must" use. as long as it falls under the dimensions, head to chin (300-414 pixels) and eye level to the bottom line (336 to 414 pixels) you should be fine ! What BritSimon did is placing your photo inside the ovals and move it further to make sure there is no empty areas. Because crop tool won't work if you leave an empty space.

I'm entering DV again this year. Can you guys check my photo? Thanks.

usarchy-angry-monkey-fullpic-278x300.jpg

I think it's not showing my shoulders and it should?

i've used a 1 year old photo in my dv 2017 application , and im concerned if that can cause diqualification or not. last year i used the same photo but as a derivative (my parents applied).

do you guys think that KCC looks at JPEG metadata?or do they just require the photo to be taken in the last 6 months just incase an applicant have undergone some sort of major transformation in appearance?

i've used a 1 year old photo in my dv 2017 application , and im concerned if that can cause diqualification or not. last year i used the same photo but as a derivative (my parents applied).

do you guys think that KCC looks at JPEG metadata?or do they just require the photo to be taken in the last 6 months just incase an applicant have undergone some sort of major transformation in appearance?

We don't know for certain if the metadata is checked or not, and even if we know that they check that, it's really irrelevant now. You can no longer submit a new application, you'll just have to wait until May to see if you're selected or not. If there's a DV2018, be sure to comply with all the stated instructions prior to submitting your application.

We don't know for certain if the metadata is checked or not, and even if we know that they check that, it's really irrelevant now. You can no longer submit a new application, you'll just have to wait until May to see if you're selected or not. If there's a DV2018, be sure to comply with all the stated instructions prior to submitting your application.

Moreover,if not selected one won't know if it's because of the photo or not, and there have been (rare but they happen) reports of people being selected but denied at interview because of problems with the entry photo. So yes all in all it is better to comply with entry instructions rather than spend months of regret and what-ifs!!

Hi, ive used a photo in which the background is not white ( its NY, i couldn't find any other pic to fit the requirements). A second after i finished my request i realized that its bad and now im really concern about it. I used the pic tool, should that give me some hope? or im i doomed for the 2017.
thank you for your help

I did the most stupid mistake ever - I used a photo that is more than 6 months old in my DV application. I still look the same (the pic is about 2 years old), but you can see that it's older than 6 months if you check the details/information of the file. Now, my questions are:

- Has anyone ever won with a older photo?
- Is there even a chance for me to get accepted in May, or will I be disqualified immidietly without any chances of being accepted? (It would almost be better to be disqualified immidietly instead of getting my hopes up if I win just to be disqualified later on...)

Kind regards from a person who hates herself for her huge mistake :-(
I did, and .lived to go green.
it causes a bit anxiety.
I think you will be fine as long as the photo can positively show that the applicant and the selected interviewee are one and the same person

Don't listen to Susie guys. I'm much too mature to do something like that!

Here's the photo. Can you help me make sure it meets the submission guidelines? Thanks!

I think there might be an issue with the background - the instructions state white or near white. Yours is looking a bit green.

Aside from that, probably fine :p

Guys, try not to post case numbers on the internet. It's for your own safety. Remember, you might end up being the victim of your crime. Avoid identity theft. Do not post sensitive and/or confidential info.