PhysioTherapists

tsc_src02179

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
What does it take for the PhysioTherapists to come and practice in the USA?

Any information will be appreciated .

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
License to practice!

Hi,

1. Evaluate your transcript through an evaluation agency
2. Apply to one of the boards if you have enough credentials
3. Come here and give the board exam for that state
4. If you dont have enough credentials, you have to take some more classes to bring your credits equivalent to american standard.
5. If you pass the board exma, you get lisence in that state to practice. If not passed, you can reappear again to retake the exma unitl you pass.

So that is the long and short of it!

Good luck! :)

Who and what Visa

1. are these evaluatiom agencies hospitals or any other educational evaluation agencies?
2.Can you write these exams in UK or do we have to come to US .

3. Who will apply for the visa and what category of Visa would they be applying?

4. She is practicing in London currently. She has a Masters from UK.

Thanks in Advance.

Credential agency will review the education and perform credentialling. This website should be helpful: www.fsbpt.org
If you're from London, probably a H1B visa. The employer has to sponsor a H1B. This type of visa has a yearly cap and the cap for this fiscal year has been reached. Anyhow, the whole credentialling process, applying for exam, and writing the exam may take few months to a year.
I think you can only write the exam in USA. Again, check the above website, it should give you a lot of info.

So basically we need to find a Job and have the employer apply for H1B, and go thorugh the pain full process of 6 years of Green Card process.

Pt

Hi,

You actually need not come here in work visa, but I imagne you can come here in visitor visa to give the exam and tehm move onwards... On the other hand, if she gets a fellowhip or enrollment for Ph.D, that will turn things a bit easy, since she is already masters holder and her credentials would not be a problem. Contact a university like USC for example and see their requirments and see if it works.

She should not have a problem clearing the exams and finding a job, and about GC, I cannot promise anything.....Iam waiting.....So......

Good luck.

H1B Sponsors for Physiotherapists

Hello All,

I know someone who has been practicing Physiotherapy in India for 6 years now.

Now what are this persons options, to come here on a H1B sponsorship.

1. Where can I find employers who sponsor H1B for Physiotherapists.
2. Does my friend need to get a license before hunting for a H1B sponsorer.
3. Are there any rules coming into effect from June 2005, that does not recognize Indian Physiotherapy bachelor degrees?

Any input on this whould be appreciated...

Thanks
gc_mania_03

re

Hey GC Mania,
Can you please advise your source on this info

"Are there any rules coming into effect from June 2005, that does not recognize Indian Physiotherapy bachelor degrees?"

Thanks,
Calidude

H1 for Medical professions (other than physicians)

With out a valid license to practise in USA, INS will not issue H1 visa .
Only option is B or F visa, get license , get job, change to H1.