Phyisician and consular processing

a kumar

Has any physician tried Consular processing for green card after their 3 years are over of H-1b,which is required for J-1 waiver.

No Title

Hi
I am an ex J-1 physician. i am currently awaiting my Packet 3. i am going for CP at new Delhi. I know of 2 other physicians who are going the same route. I dont know of any Physician who has interviewed for CP after a J-1 waiver. what consulate do you belong to. it would be good to share notes

sudhir

No Title

Hi, I was on H1B and I applied for I 485 and Now the file is Transferred to Local INS office - Chicago. I heard it will take a long time at local office. I was wondering if I could apply for Consular processing while waiting for Adjustment of status?

No Title

i, I was on H1B and I applied for I 485 and Now the file is Transferred to Local INS office - Chicago. I heard it will take a long time at local office. I was
    wondering if I could apply for Consular processing while waiting for Adjustment of status?

No Title

I f you have applied for 485 you have two options:

#1 If you fall under Mumbai consulate you can apply for AC 140. All that is that your lawyer sends certified copies of your 140 application to Mumbai and they will call you for an interview.

#2 If you are not lucky enough to have Mumbai as your consulate, then you have to file for I 824 to get you case transferred to the consulate you belong too. Depending on the which service center it can take few weeks to some months. I got my 824 in CSC in 6 weeks. Then the file goes to NVC which will take 6- 8 weeks and then they forward it to the consulate and it may take 3 months to get an interview date.

No Title

one little caveat. if you apply for I-824 INS may cancel your pending adjustment of status ( I-485) I think AC 140 may be the only option for you. check with a lawyer about this but I am pretty sure I heard that INS said that if you file I 824 they will consider your I 485 abandoned. Nebraska takes a long time to process I 824 and in India pretty much Mumbai is the only consulate which has a good track record for accepting AC 140

No Title

I am a medical graduate who holds an Indian citizenship and a Canadian permanent residency.If I were to join a residency program on J1, shall I have to go back to India or can I go to Canada after the completion of my training.

No Title

I am also a former J-1 physician. I am currently awaiting packet 3. Here is the info:

EB-2 NIW AD 9/97
PD 4/97
I-824 RD 12/99 AD 8/00
Fulfilled 3-year commitment on 9/1/00

My consulate is Naples, Italy.

BTW, are you guys still working for the same hospital/facility that sponsored you for your J-1 waiver? My hospital didn\'t offer to renew my contract at the end of three-year period, due to financial considerations. I accepted a position with another facility located in a MUA and I am currently waiting for my H-1B transfer to be approved.

Good luck to everybody!

No Title

if you are currently living in Canada and get j-1 from canada then you may do 2 years in Canada. if you are in India then you will need to go back to India

No Title

i am also working in a facility that is not the one which sponsored my J-1 waiver. i dont think that will be an issue at all.

No Title

Please read wording in the ECFMG brochure and many of the legal websites.

"COUNTRY OF LAST LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENCE".

B

No Title

Hi Sudhir,
 How long did it take for your I-824 to get approved and which center it was from?. Thanks for answering my another question.Do you know if interview can be arranged prior to your 3 years are over?Did you apply for your I-824 prior to your 3 years commitment.Please advise.

No Title

like i replied to your other post I never filed 824 . I am in the process of sending in packet 3 and plan to do this prior to my 3 years getting over( this happens on 10/06/00 ). I dont think you can interview prior to your 3 year anniversary but can send in packet 3

Hi it is not so bad

I am in a similar situation My I 485 got transferred to local office and they called me for an Interview in one month
I am anxious about the interview but atleast things are moving
Suri

No Title

Hi
2 of my friends got there CP done at Delhi and Bombay after J waiver it was piece of cake for them
Hope this helps

How to get NOC (Statement of Need) From Canada?

Hi,

How to get NOC or Statement of Need from Canadian Govt. if you are Canadian Resident?
What all is needed (documentation) for that?
How long will that take?

shamS

Hi

Hi

I am just about beginning the LC process through RIR ,am a physician working in a HPSA,am very curious about the Consular processing.I was wondering if I could email your friends and if they would be willing to share some information with me,I\'m planning ahead.

Thanks

Vibhu

No Title

Hi Vibhu
why r u going through LC(RIR)why not NIW for Physicians working in HPSA/MUA as it seems to be faster route

LC (RIR) is faster than NIW for end result.

LC (RIR) will get you GC after about 4 1/2 yrs. (3 years on waiver and then 1 1/2 yrs for wait on I-485 approval. For NIW, u work 5 yrs straight, get completion letter and then GC in next 4-6 months. So total time is 5 1/2 yrs apprx.
Benefit for NIW:
 i) your spouse can have work permit after 180 days of starting waiver job.
ii) you can self sponsor, no need of an employer.

So decide for yourself - what do u want?
spouse work permit? or little faster end result?