• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Photo requirements for muslim women

Yaser

Registered Users (C)
One of the photo requirements for the primary DV application is not to have the head covered unless for religious reasons, and this applies to the muslim women's veil. Another requirement is that both ears must be shown in the photo. But in case a muslim woman wears a veil, this should cover her ears too, so will this photo -without ears shown- be disqualified?

I do not see any requirements about having ears uncovered. Ears could be covered, in fact.
Head could be covered for religious reasons, but face cannot.

Hello,

The USCIS has the following information on its website:
"Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face." I dont know whether ears are classified as a part of the face, but to play it safe, I would have the ears included in the photo.

My other suggestion for you is that since you are in Egypt which is a predominantly muslim nation, the Embassy there must have lots of experience with such issues. Call the embassy or check the US Embassy website at:

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/photospecs.htm
it has all the info you will need and even has a sample picture of whats required.

Hope this helps, and all the best!!
Regards