Phone Taps?

stapc230

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone. About 6 months ago me and my wife applied for her permanent residency. However lately I have some concerns about how far immigration can go to investigate our case. One thing that I am worried about is whether or not they can tap our cellphones. I know this might sound silly but I am really concerned that they could be doing something like this. If anyone knows whether or not they include that as part of the investigation, or how likely it is, then I would really appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance.

???????????????

Your right it does sound silly! :rolleyes:

First of all, a phone tap would require a federal judge to sign off on a warrant, which requires sufficient proof to justify it (of course, Pres. Bush doesn't see it that way). But I highly doubt the USCIS is taping your cell phone.

Second of all, if you have nothing to hide why be bothered about it??

lol, well thanks for clearing my mind. The truth is I keep messing with an old GF of mine who insists that I married for convenience so I play along sometimes just to mess around with her. Its all strictly nonsense but to someone else it might not sound like that. Well anyway my wife already received her work permit a few weeks ago, so I guess that means everything is going smoothly. But man I don't think I could live with myself if my wife got denied because of my silly antics. Well thanks for the response Giovanni you've just given me some much needed peace of mind. From now on I guess I'll watch what I say more closely :)

stapc230 said:
lol, well thanks for clearing my mind. The truth is I keep messing with an old GF of mine who insists that I married for convenience so I play along sometimes just to mess around with her. Its all strictly nonsense but to someone else it might not sound like that. Well anyway my wife already received her work permit a few weeks ago, so I guess that means everything is going smoothly. But man I don't think I could live with myself if my wife got denied because of my silly antics. Well thanks for the response Giovanni you've just given me some much needed peace of mind. From now on I guess I'll watch what I say more closely :)

Hi:

Gloves off. Stop being an idiot. You are an adult. It seems to me you should be spending less time with this old GF of yours and more in acquiring some sense.

Your answer may have been harsh, but I think its exactly what I needed to hear. Ever since getting married I've been trying to act more mature, however sometimes its hard considering Im only 20. I talked to our lawyer today and he reassured me saying that a phone tap is highly unlikely. Still I went ahead and talked to my ex in person and told her that I didnt want to kid around anymore, considering how much is at stake. Not really related but my wife received her work permit about 2 weeks ago, is this a good sign that our interview is near?

stapc230 said:
Your answer may have been harsh, but I think its exactly what I needed to hear. Ever since getting married I've been trying to act more mature, however sometimes its hard considering Im only 20. I talked to our lawyer today and he reassured me saying that a phone tap is highly unlikely. Still I went ahead and talked to my ex in person and told her that I didnt want to kid around anymore, considering how much is at stake. Not really related but my wife received her work permit about 2 weeks ago, is this a good sign that our interview is near?

Hi:

I am glad you took my comment in the right way. You made a smart decision now. About the EAD, unfortunately receiving the EAD does not necessarily have any bearing on when the interview will take place. But at least now she can work if she so chooses. Good luck.

All cheaters will be destroyed

stapc230 said:

Stapc230,

I would strongly advise you erase the old GF phone numbers from all your contacts list.Moreover, if possible change your home phone numbers so that you can get her out of both your lives.Get an unlisted number for maybe 75c. Remember, when you got married, you and your wife because a single entity. At least, you should be striving to be one person.

Moreover, when you become someone else's husband, you have signed up for a role of a protector, nurture and leader. Also, no secrets are supposed to be between you two, if you can't tell her what you have been doing, it is a secret. Secrets have a tendency to destroy many many relationship. For example, I personally don't keep any secrets from my wife, because I don't want to hurt her instead of protecting her. The only secret that I am authorized to keep from her is one of a surprise which I am planning or planned for her (buying her a new car, getting it built for 6 weeks and delivered on her special day). Remember, "forsaking all others" during your vows? This included your old GF. :eek:

Lastly, at 20 years, boy you are young, but age isn't an excuse to screw around. Did you do any marriage counselling with a professional counselor or at church? If not, then you could greatly benefit from such advise. If possible, you can find a couple that has been married for a long period of time (maybe 15-30yrs-longer is better, who are willing to mentor you both. :p Marriage is a very important institution which requires lot of compromise, honesty, intergrity and willingness to serve each other faithfully. :) Rememeber, would you be happy if you found out that your wife was allowing her ex to touch her, while you are at work or in school? :( I know this would make me boil, and I am sure it will do the same to you, don't you think your wife deserve's more than this from you? Really? ;) If I were you, I will strive for peace, joy and happiness in my household, free of ex-GF around me... :mad:

USCIS isn't going to wire-tap your phone line to see if you are an adulterer, that's for the White House to do... :eek: Which part of the country are you located? Let me know, maybe I can recommend some resources for you.

Al Southner said:
Stapc230,

I would strongly advise you erase the old GF phone numbers from all your contacts list.Moreover, if possible change your home phone numbers so that you can get her out of both your lives.Get an unlisted number for maybe 75c. Remember, when you got married, you and your wife because a single entity. At least, you should be striving to be one person.

Moreover, when you become someone else's husband, you have signed up for a role of a protector, nurture and leader. Also, no secrets are supposed to be between you two, if you can't tell her what you have been doing, it is a secret. Secrets have a tendency to destroy many many relationship. For example, I personally don't keep any secrets from my wife, because I don't want to hurt her instead of protecting her. The only secret that I am authorized to keep from her is one of a surprise which I am planning or planned for her (buying her a new car, getting it built for 6 weeks and delivered on her special day). Remember, "forsaking all others" during your vows? This included your old GF. :eek:

Lastly, at 20 years, boy you are young, but age isn't an excuse to screw around. Did you do any marriage counselling with a professional counselor or at church? If not, then you could greatly benefit from such advise. If possible, you can find a couple that has been married for a long period of time (maybe 15-30yrs-longer is better, who are willing to mentor you both. :p Marriage is a very important institution which requires lot of compromise, honesty, intergrity and willingness to serve each other faithfully. :) Rememeber, would you be happy if you found out that your wife was allowing her ex to touch her, while you are at work or in school? :( I know this would make me boil, and I am sure it will do the same to you, don't you think your wife deserve's more than this from you? Really? ;) If I were you, I will strive for peace, joy and happiness in my household, free of ex-GF around me... :mad:

USCIS isn't going to wire-tap your phone line to see if you are an adulterer, that's for the White House to do... :eek: Which part of the country are you located? Let me know, maybe I can recommend some resources for you.

Your counsel is very wise. I think the person may be ready for changes since he spoke of it on this forum. I mean, after all he is very young, but doesn't have to be "foolish and young" :p This is a good place to vent and learn and ease some of life's hardship in this experience. Glad to know some of us here can provide that insight to each other even if we don't agree on "everything".

Great counsel Al Southner....."forsaking all others" means just that....forsaking all others. Also do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Wow, thanks for the insightful response Al, I really appreciate the input. To be honest though me and my ex are just friends, and these days I consider her a good friend of mine. I don't think I could ever just "drop" her from my life. I'm not bothered by my wife having male friends and I trust that she would never cross the line, just as I'm sure she trusts me. I agree that some of the things I said over the phone were imature, but I'm learning from that and trying to grow from it. The truth is that I was married at 19 and my wife is older than me by 3 years, so the entire time we've been married has been like a major growing experience for me. Regarding your comment about counseling, we have considered it and I'm hoping this year once we are better off financialy we can start to see a marriage counselor to work out some of our differences.

You seem to know much about this process and about life in general Al, I really appreciated your advice. BTW I am located in Miami and yes I would appreciate some resources seeing as how me and my wife are really nervous and anxious and also a bit lost considering this whole process. I guess thats why I was so worried about the whole phone tap thing. Luckily it seems that the majority seem to agree that a tap is unlikely, since it would kill me to have to be separated from her because of my stupidity and immature behavior.

stapc230 said:
Wow, thanks for the insightful response Al, I really appreciate the input. To be honest though me and my ex are just friends, and these days I consider her a good friend of mine. I don't think I could ever just "drop" her from my life. I'm not bothered by my wife having male friends and I trust that she would never cross the line, just as I'm sure she trusts me. I agree that some of the things I said over the phone were imature, but I'm learning from that and trying to grow from it. The truth is that I was married at 19 and my wife is older than me by 3 years, so the entire time we've been married has been like a major growing experience for me. Regarding your comment about counseling, we have considered it and I'm hoping this year once we are better off financialy we can start to see a marriage counselor to work out some of our differences.

You seem to know much about this process and about life in general Al, I really appreciated your advice. BTW I am located in Miami and yes I would appreciate some resources seeing as how me and my wife are really nervous and anxious and also a bit lost considering this whole process. I guess thats why I was so worried about the whole phone tap thing. Luckily it seems that the majority seem to agree that a tap is unlikely, since it would kill me to have to be separated from her because of my stupidity and immature behavior.

It is not easy adapting to a different lifestyle. America is not a perfect country. Time and Faith will give you what you need. Enjoy your wife and your life in the USA. Don't waste life. It is so fragile. Live it to the fullest and always, always, do right by others.

Some ideas for you.

stapc230 said:

Stapc230,

Man... Do you realize that marriage license is the only obtainable license without a verification of your ability to master what you are actually getting yourself into? :confused: Which is to be married... Try getting a drivers license without a road test or passing drivers education.. :rolleyes: The road test verify your ability to operate a car within the acceptable standards of your state. This is the same with you passing the drivers education exam, you have demonstrated your knowledge of road laws. However, for marriage, all assumes that people understand the responsibility that comes with this license.

On a personal note, I studied this institution of marriage for a period of 5 yrs. My wife and I date for almost 6 yrs before saying we do. In the process, we read books which dealt with the entire institution, husband responsibilities, wife, rearing of children, financial matters, sex, friendship, romance in our married life, and many many things. :D I will recommend this book: Communication, Sex and Money by Ed Cole ($9-$12). So, when I set my heart on marrying her, I knew that she is THE ONLY ONE IN MY LIFE. I see some beautiful women daily, but I desire none of them. You know why? I know that cheating on my wife is the quickest and surest way to destroying her, myself and the lady I will be banging. Not only that, our future is dependent on my leadership abilities and decision-making skills to take us to the next level in life. As such, immature decisions such as sleeping around isn't a model of a great leader, is it not? How can I tell my wife that I love her, while I slept or touched some woman's supple breast? You see, your conscious is supposed to let you know that this is wrong or right. This I am sure of, each time you flirt with your ex, you know this is wrong. You read your own post, you will see it coming across... :rolleyes:

Moreover, my wife and I did a marital counselling for about 6 months in addition to our own private marital preparation. Guess what? The counselling was very very good, it helped us to understand and build on issue that we had done before entering counselling. Couple of things for you:

As I suggested, your ex-GF has a potential to ruin your marriage and cause pain and suffering for you both. I can assure you this. I assume you guys slept together while dating? As such, there is that emotional bond which still exist in her mind, so you continue to be her friend at your own peril. :eek: You need to learn and find out what it is that makes your wife happy, what will help her to be herself, to perform at her optimum level in life. The same for you. The key in any relationship to understand each other better, dislikes and likes. What are your goals for this marriage, without common goals and plans for the future, your marriage is likely to to fail. Moreover, realize that marriage is a game of compromising, serving each other faithfully, seeking to build each other personally, professionally and spiritually. The more you know of your wife, the easier it is for you to please her and vice versa. Remeber this, the grass might look greener on the other side of the fence, but did somene ever tell you that their water bill was too high? :eek: Listen, man are often deceived by thinking and magnifying possible sexual relations with other women, and often that they will be super than with their own wifes, and often are disappointed after 7 minutes of flurry, to learn the same organ their wife has, this mistress has the same. Their foolishness deceived them :(

There is a good book which I will recommend: GOD ON SEX. Go on amazon.com, search the title under books, is the first book that appears. It is an excellent read, which will ensure that you and your wife's marital relationship is elevated to the next level in life. Another book, His needs, her needs: building an affair-proof marriage. Again, search it on amazon, it is the first book that appears, just put in "his needs, her needs".

Man... I am NOT claiming to have a perfect marriage, but I am striving to be the best husband I know how based on my knowledge level. The more I read and attain new knowledge, the better husband I will become. You need to be a humble person, willing to learn and be corrected at all times. Women, not all women, prefer that their husbands meet their emotional needs (women have many many of these needs), so be prepared to be a willing participant and warrior for your wife. When your wife gets home, be prepared to engage her to she can download all her successes and failures, be that assuring husband. Most importantly, be each other's biggest cheerleader, after all, why should someone else be a biggest cheerleader for your wife, what the hell is wrong with this picture? :confused:

Found this on the web: When your woman first saw you she was turned on by your positive don qualities. She wasn't turned on by watching you piss on a fire hydrant, drop a load on the lawn, fart at your kibble bowl, or scratching your fleas. If you want to keep a certain amount of romance alive, save that stuff for the guys. It shows respect. :D

Al Southner said:
Stapc230,
Found this on the web: When your woman first saw you she was turned on by your positive don qualities. She wasn't turned on by watching you piss on a fire hydrant, drop a load on the lawn, fart at your kibble bowl, or scratching your fleas. If you want to keep a certain amount of romance alive, save that stuff for the guys. It shows respect. :D

Hi:

Personally, I would prefer him to save those things for himself. Just because I am male does not mean I want to witness any of that ----- LOL

Pardon me for judging you and may god forgive me if I am mistaken.

But your concerns seem to stem from what seems like a GC only type of marriage. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

People like yourself are causing people like me amongst many other all kind of trouble when we are in a true relationship :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have waited almost 4 years now with my interview finally being set up for tomorrow for the I-485 and had to collect enough proof to fill out a small room just to prove the the CRIS that I am married out of love and faithfulness to my wife rather then a way to get the green card.

You sir, disgust me !!!

Im sorry you see it that way bjazi, but honestly you shouldn't make such comments without even knowing me. I may be an imature goofball sometimes, but I am very serious about my devotion to my wife. Not that I have to prove anything, but I gave up a career in the military, and was labeled a deserter just so I could be with her. So please don't tell me that my marriage is a sham, because I will take that as a personal insult. I am sorry to hear about your problem, but that doesn't give you the right to blame others for your situation.

Al, your post was lengthy but insightful as usual. However I get the idea that you believe I am cheating, which is not the case. Ill look into those books, and if you could get me some of those references in Miami, I would really apreciate it.