Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Wow...I haven't checked this tread in a year and things have changed so much! No more waiting for years to get your citizenship processed! Months only...
Took me close to 4 years to get citizenship in PHX.

Parking info., anyone?

Hi, guys.

I have my interview next week at the Phoenix office. The interview is scheduled early - at 7am. Anyone with such an experience?

Also, can anyone let me know of the parking options, and how long to plan for?

Thanks.

There is parking next to the building, or cheaper parking across the road if you are tight like me. :D

I'd expect you will be in and out within an hour easily, with a 7 am appointment you should be first in line.

Good Luck.

There is parking next to the building, or cheaper parking across the road if you are tight like me. :D

I'd expect you will be in and out within an hour easily, with a 7 am appointment you should be first in line.

Good Luck.

Thank you, McTavish. I appreciate it.

We had our interview today.. Both of us passed. Just took about 20 minutes..Oath will be on first week of December.

Phoenix N-400 timeline

It has been years since I last posted - back in the dark days of the stagnant INS in the wake of 9/11. However, sunny days are here again – 123 days from start to finish of my N-400! This forum has helped a lot over the years so here are my timeline details posted in hopes that others might find encouragement.

Once our passports are in hand, I will file the N-600 for my 17 year old child. It’s more money but passports expire, or worse - could be lost or stolen; a naturalization certificate is for life.

Note that I didn’t bother expediting the passports or paying for overnight - ie just paid the $100. We were not planning to travel outside the USA until March and from other postings on this site, it seemed like standard processing would be quick enough. Passports came in exactly 2 weeks via mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am scheduled on the 12th for interview. Anyone can chime in on their experience. Does the officer ask for any letters or documents especially the interview letter. I have'nt received my IL yet and did go to USCIS office with an infopass appt. They told me my ID is 12/4/09 ( the officer printed me a screen shot of the date and venue) Thanks.

DO Phoenix
N400 received 9/9/2009 Phoenix
FP done 10/7/2009
LUD changed to 'sent for intv' 10/26/2009
LUD changed 10/30, 11/2,11/3
IL still waiting, Interview 12/4/09

There are folks who mention a bunch of stuff to be taken.After careful consideration, I decided to not waste time on this as I felt our application was simple and clear. We took our passports(old and new), GC and Driver license today along with the interview letters.. We were in and out in less than 20 mts. We took no other documents with us and werent asked for any..
my 2 cents, if you have paid your taxes, no arrests and just traffic ticket, you should walk in there with just the above items.
Good luck with yours..

I am scheduled on the 12th for interview. Anyone can chime in on their experience. Does the officer ask for any letters or documents especially the interview letter. I have'nt received my IL yet and did go to USCIS office with an infopass appt. They told me my ID is 12/4/09 ( the officer printed me a screen shot of the date and venue) Thanks.

DO Phoenix
N400 received 9/9/2009 Phoenix
FP done 10/7/2009
LUD changed to 'sent for intv' 10/26/2009
LUD changed 10/30, 11/2,11/3
IL still waiting, Interview 12/4/09

My two cents is to just bring what they ask you to bring - the standard boilerplate list and the yellow letter that follows. On the yellow letter, my wife and I were both asked to bring DL's and greencards.

We obvioulsy brought all the rest of the documentation listed on the boilerplate, standard request too. This included dirvers licence, greencard, tax records for the last 5 years, all passports issued by any governments including old ones and and any travel visas.

At checkin, prior to my interview, we were asked to produce our greencards and they made photocopies. We were both asked to produce our drivers licenses during our respective interviews. Neither my wife nor I was asked by our respective IO's to show anything else. However, the fact that I had everything they wanted meant that I wasn't stressing about it. Again, my advise is to just bring what they ask for.

We had our oath ceremony at the US district court. Parking was east of the court on 4th avenue. Whole process including SSA and Voter registration completed in less than 90 mts. Few people talked and one guy in particular was very funny about his experience. Overall it was a smooth process. They make it feel good after such a long wait. Now onto passport process next week and then on to OCI cards from Indian embassy. Thanks everyone in this forum for posting all good information..

12-01-09 - Appln mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-03-09 - Appln Received
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-11-09 - NOA received (12-07-09 Priority date )

1:46 am today, got e-mail and text message that my case has been sent for standard interview. I'll keep you updated. Just in time for the Holidays! Now to wait for the letter.

lsamp,

What is your experience with the name change. Do they give you a certificate or something after the name change is done...

My spouse is getting name changed as part of naturalization in phoenix and wanted to know your experience in that specific area...

Oath completed today at the US District Court in Phoenix, AZ.

Proud US citizen. :D

Check in time: 8:50
Parked east of the court ($12 total).
Seated in the room: 9:15
Ceremony start: 10:00
My 5 year old daughter was invited to read the Pledge of Allegiance along with a few other kids. We were all very happy.
Ceremony Over: 10:25
Collected Certificate: 10:35
Completed SSN and voter registration: 11:20
Not applied for passport (yet)

Typical ceremony. Very emotional and very exciting. Three people spoke. the judge gave a nice speech. As posted by other users, there were a few people who did not take this seriously. A few did not even say the oath, a few left their sunglasses on their forehead even after being asked to remove them. Some came in shorts and beach sandals.
I wish people respect the rules and tradition of the court.

Anyways, I am a happy camper, things were picture perfect.

Got a name change. Am waitiing for SSN record to be updated before getting a new DL and then will apply for the passport next week.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support!

June 24 - N400 applied
Oct 16 - oath date!

Woo hoo!