Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

You get your NC at the ceremony. You use that to apply for a Passport. They will keep it until you get your passport. It comes in the mail, usually, a few days after the passport. Parking at the passport office is free. Just tell the attendant you're there for the passport.

asdasd; I'd also like to apply for my birth country's passport and pass on the dual citizenship to my kids. I need to stop thinking about it and just do it.

All Done!! Woooo hoooo! Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum for their advice, time and support....:)

In Summary-

*The ceremony was scheduled for 9am with checkin requested at 845am.
*We went in at 850am and found seats with packets containing the SS form, voter registration, pledge, flag etc.
*Folks from Social Security and Voter Registration explained the forms, and we took a break at 920am, with the request to be back by 945am.
*By this time, they allowed family members in, and then the whole deal was done in about 30 mins- Oath of Allegiance was said by someone from the court and then the officer from Immigration read the Pledge of allegiance. I did not remember it, and the people next to me seemed to be reciting from memory.....:)
* They handed the naturalization certificates after the ceremony. One thing to remember for folks that will do this in future is that if you can go in first and sit all the way at the front, you will receive your naturalization certificates sooner.....which means you can go downstairs to Social Security/Voter Registration before a queue builds up there.
*Since I was the first at the SS/Voter registration, I was done there quickly.
* I went back up to see if I can take pics near the flag, with the judge etc, but a queue had built up there. I just took some pictures there without waiting in line and headed straight for the passport office.
* Thanks to the advice from Phx_Girl, I told the attendant that I was there for the passport and he said that it is "the door halfway down the right".
*There was a small line there and a couple of ppl from the ceremony were already there. It is a very straightforward process- Fill out the form near the counter, Pay 75 bucks for application (I paid with check) and another 25 for the processing (I paid with Visa). I also made a couple of copies of the Naturalization Certificate (50 cents each).

That was it! I was out of the passport office by 11:15am! It was all worth it in the end! Thank you God!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All Done!! Woooo hoooo! Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum for their advice, time and support....:)
It was all worth it in the end!

Hi PD, very happy for you and congratulations and also a thanks to everyone here.

I got my Fingerprint notice in the mail today and the appointment is for next week. Man UCICS is hammering along with these applications. I am so excited. I can now recite the entire Civics questions and answers from memory.

Interview Passed

Hello All,

I and my wife had interview we both passed the interview and recommended for the approval . Applied in March. They asked only the DL and green card.I had traffice ticket which was not mentioned and in the interview the IO asked did you have any traffic ticket I said yes and told him about the ticket. The Io was very good proffessional my wife also told me that IO was good and Proffessional. The IO told the oath cermony maybe on Jul 4. Can anyone tell me where the oath will be in the Phoenix. I apperciate that.If you want know anything about the interview i will be happy to give you the information. All the best everyone.

Hello All,

I and my wife had interview we both passed the interview and recommended for the approval . Applied in March. They asked only the DL and green card.I had traffice ticket which was not mentioned and in the interview the IO asked did you have any traffic ticket I said yes and told him about the ticket. The Io was very good proffessional my wife also told me that IO was good and Proffessional. The IO told the oath cermony maybe on Jul 4. Can anyone tell me where the oath will be in the Phoenix. I apperciate that.If you want know anything about the interview i will be happy to give you the information. All the best everyone.

Congratulations, SweetNat!

In response to your q, see: http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/azd/courtinfo.nsf/court/files/$file/natzceremonies.pdf

I'll be turning in my N-400 next month-end, and I could gain from your experience. I'll ask you q's - if you could please post your timeline. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me where the oath will be in the Phoenix.

Congrats to you both on the interviews.

Do a search here in

US Citizenship
for
Venue Addresses - Phoenix

I asked the same question a few weeks back. Thanks to the great guys here I have some info there.

Here is my time line

March 17 posted
March 20 received
April 14 Finger Printing
May 16 IL
June 19 ID ----approved

As I suspected, if you get your oath on the 4th of July, it will be held at a large center, as is South Mountain Community College.
Congratulations! Makes it a bit more special!

It's surely got very quiet, maybe all the PHX folks are done?
We should get together for a beer!

Ahh! Are we allowed to do that now??!:eek:

:D

McTavish, thanks for waking us up :) I do miss chatting

My dad is waiting for his wife's visa to be approved, so she can visit us here. I'm not sure of that process, but I've been trying to read and understand in other threads.

sweetnat, that's awesome. That would be cool :) I'm sure it's something to see on July 4th!

As I suspected, if you get your oath on the 4th of July, it will be held at a large center, as is South Mountain Community College.
Congratulations! Makes it a bit more special!

Ahh! Are we allowed to do that now??!:eek:

:D

Hell Yeah!! :D

Does South Mountain mean it will be outside?

Nice! Good to see us all chatting now on this thread....:)

Beer sounds good, in fact I am drinking one now...:)

Still waiting on PP, but not too worried since it has only been 2 weeks....