Philly SESA and Philly DOL Tracking - new update!!!

Are phily and Pittsburgh SESA the same?

I filed my EB-2 /RIR in Oct 01. My employer is in Pittsburgh and has said that he has filed with SESA, Pennslyvania. I see on immigration.com processing times that there is a seperate entry for Pittsburgh and another one for Phily.
Are these 2 different or what?
Any guidance from u gurus would be great.

Does anybody know what\'s going on.....?

Hi Guys,

Its so frustrating to see the dates looping around april for the past 2 to 3 months. I am really worried about my LC now. Does anybody know what causes the delay. I do not beleive the fact that there were more applications in April and it should speed up after April. Also, is it only the philli SESA or is it the same with all major cities. Is this stopover in processing someway related to the increase in unemployment ?? It also looks like all major cities are having a very slow progress in LC\'s. Please, lets try and come up with a
possible cause and estimate a reasonable time for the process.
Please keep the board alive but giving your feedback.

No Title

Other city\'s SESA is slow but not like Philly "STOP". Philly used to be a faster one, but it seems turn to be slowest one.

No Title

my lawyer was saying that the reason for high applications for april was an april 30 deadline for some sort of amnesty or something for a certain category.

the processing after that should pick up at regular pace??

seeing is believing though.... philly is not the worst there are a few which seem to be even slower

No Title

Yes, Your attorney is right. On the day of April 30 they received 1000 of applications in day only. They are processing April 23-24. It will take a 2-3 months to get cleared this all lot.
Thanks

No Title

Yes, there were more apps received during Apr. 2001! 4/30/2001 was the deadline for applying for LC\'s based on the LIFE Act..

Why in Philli Only ?????

I think the LIFE act is all throught the US and when you look at California SESA they are already processing June 6th. What happened to their High applications for LIFE ACT ?? My lawyer told me the same thing but, Aren\'t there more applications with other SESA\'s with regards to the LIFE act ?

I plan to create a list of id with their PD and transfer to DOL and their approval date for better tracking. Please help each other by posting your info.

Thanks.

Philly SESA Phone Number ?

Does anybody know the Philly SESA phone number where we can call and enquire about current Processing ?

Thanks.

No Title

Are the LIFE act applicants also going to apply for their 140s en masse?

this will mean that our 140s will also undergo huge delays. perhaps life act means we are in for life.

RB

LIFE act or processing for lifetime

Are the LIFE act applicants also going to apply for their 140s en masse?
this will mean that our 140s will also undergo huge delays. perhaps life act means we are in for life.

RB

I am worried

I stayed put in Philly thinking i would get my GC in max 2 years. It\'s almost 1 year and I am still waiting for my LC......Help me God!

No Title

At what stage(if the LC processing time is more than one year or the
I-140 processing time) it is possible to extend H-1 after reaching the 6 years max limit.I have little confusion about this.

Still on 04/24/01

Oh god... Please tell us when will it move forward ???
Other SESA\'s are doing well... specially chicago and calif.
Even if there are many applications for the life act during april, does it mean that they have not processed even one day in one month ? I am totally confused and worried.....

Per my lawyer told me ....

There is only one person handling the LC cases in SESA, and there are about 300+ case before mine (4/26/2001), And some of them are even back lag to March 2001. The officer in SESA doesn\'t want to comment how long it will reach 4/26/2001. But my lawyer said it may take 2-3 months due to only one person working.....

Please respond

I was going thru the archive and looks like OCT140 had once spoken to a operator in SESA. OCT140, could you please let me know the number u called or could you call them again for update and post it here.

Ak2000, I know how you feel now, that to,being so close to the process date. Did the layoff situation get into SESA too... Only one person to process the applications.... Its a shame... only hope is to pray for good.

I got my labor (dont know the date exactly) certified!

So it is your turn guys! Good luck! As I said it was filed in either 18 or 19th of April last year.

Good luck guys again! I will keep checking this thread for a while to see how you\'re doin... Hope Mona got it either by now...as I remember she was a little earlier than you AK2000.

No Title

How long does Phill DOL take to acknowledge that they have received your application. My lawyer told me that it was sent to philly on 01/07/02 but nothing on their E-mail system yet. Does anybody know. Thanks

No Title

I wonder how did you lawyer come to know of the transfer of your Labor from SESA to Philly DOL? Are you sure you are talking about DOL or he just sent it to SESA. In that case they do not intimate you if they ever rcvd. it