philly interview wednesday snow coming

Do they cancel interview due to snow storm in Phila Office?

This is a hard choice for you. Unless the local DO is kind enough to call everyone to cancel, you really do not know whether
they cancel or not. Irf snow is big enough and driving is impossible, then you can guess it most likely cancceled. But
there is gray area between between so you really do not know whether they cancel or not. You have to brave snowstorm to
get there in case it is not cancelled.

Sorry, a citizenship is not as important as my life! Having said that, personally I would drive there short of killing myself ;)

USCIS is a federal agency, if the federal govt is closed, then USCIS will be closed. Since I live in DC area, we are home tomorrow and if the weather holds and bring more snow, federal govt will be closed on Wednesday and unless you can make it to the DO, there's no point of putting yourself in danger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, a citizenship is not as important as my life! Having said that, personally I would drive there short of killing myself ;)

It is all about money. If you don't care about money then
Check into a nearby hotel before it snow. Then snow-shoe to the DO.

Thanks for all your responses. I appreciate them.

Well, we called the 1-800 and they say to wait and see.

Anyhow, my plan is to brave the storm unless it is really, really bad. I'm from Allentown. Like an hour or so drive on normal conditions. And my interview is in the morning.

Anyhow, my plan is to brave the storm unless it is really, really bad. I'm from Allentown. Like an hour or so drive on normal conditions. And my interview is in the morning.

Hi JLCF485,
Can you please let me know the 800 number to call and find out if field office in Newark NJ will be open or closed due to severe weather.Also please let me know what menu option do i need to choose to talk to the right person,to find the status of the office closings for tomorrow.

Thanks
dkagc

I have the phone number of Philadelphia office. The receptionist called my home to arrange a rescheduled interview rigth after scheduled interview could not take place due to file not arrived. So I knew the number via called ID. But I can not post that phone number here
because USCIS keep phone numebr of local offices from public for a reason. They don;t want to get swamped. I know I am a jerk
to stil post this message if I do not share the phone number.

I'm also in the same situation. My interview was at Baltimore DO and I couldn't make it this morning to the interview due to snow blizzard. I also don't know for sure if Baltimore DO is open today or not.

Now the question is, if Philly and Baltimore DOs are closed today, will they reschedule us AUTOMATICALLY or we need to write to them (as I could not find out any contact phone, fax or e.mail contacts for Baltimore DO, at least!!) with re-schedule request citing inclement weather reason which is an 'acceptable excuse' for re-scheduling USCIS interview and FP appointments, as told by a rep when I called the NSC.

RC66

i wasn't able to go due to inclement weather. not even sure if the phila office is open.

please update me with your interview.

thanks

i donot if they r open on 12 or they r colsed because my friend in philly said that they had heavy snow there.
i wasn't able to go due to inclement weather. not even sure if the phila office is open.

please update me with your interview.

thanks

I'm also in the same situation. My interview was at Baltimore DO and I couldn't make it this morning to the interview due to snow blizzard. I also don't know for sure if Baltimore DO is open today or not.

Now the question is, if Philly and Baltimore DOs are closed today, will they reschedule us AUTOMATICALLY or we need to write to them (as I could not find out any contact phone, fax or e.mail contacts for Baltimore DO, at least!!) with re-schedule request citing inclement weather reason which is an 'acceptable excuse' for re-scheduling USCIS interview and FP appointments, as told by a rep when I called the NSC.

RC66

I am writing them a letter for reschedule.

The township here (in Philadelphia suburban area) declared snow emergency thru 12 clock noon on Friday and say anyone who drive without chain or snow tire will be fined by no more than 50 dollars plus prosecution cost for violation of that ordinance. Don't know if this should be
reported fro immigration purpose or not.

The township here (in Philadelphia suburban area) declared snow emergency thru 12 clock noon on Friday and say anyone who drive without chain or snow tire will be fined by no more than 50 dollars plus prosecution cost for violation of that ordinance. Don't know if this should be
reported fro immigration purpose or not.

Thanks for letting us know.

Anybody else affected?