Philadelpia TImeline Thread

jub97

Can you please post your timeline for Philly here?
Here's mine:

Filed mid March 2004 (I485, I130, I765) thru marriage to USC
Recipt date 4-8-04
FIngerprints and Biometrics:5-5-04

We never received a social security card, but they are required to issue it 90 days after filing date, so we went to the local social security office and received one through them, we had to go there around 3 times, because the first time they lost all of our paperwork, we got it around early September.

As for a drivers license, our lawyer told us that there is a new law requiring the state to issue one once you have your EAD card, however they wouldn't issue one till we had the social security card.

NBC(Missouri) still hasn't processed our I765 which is very unusual for Philadelphia timelines according to our lawyer, but we went to our local processing center and they issued a temporary one which is now expired, it wasn't for the full year, which is what we paid for, and they won't extend it and we can't file an extension since NBC never processed our original application.

Now we are waiting for our interview, our lawyer says compared to her other cases, we should receive a letter soon and be scheduled in Feb 2005, but we are still waiting.

Something really interesting is that I recently called NBC and they told me my 485 case should be sent to my local office very soon, as they are now processing the dates right around my filing date. The website says for Philly, I should be waiting another 7 mos for my interview, but I went and talked to my local office and they said that once they receive the file from NBC, I should get an interview notice immeditaly unless there is a problem with the case or missing paperwork, this I do not anticipate.

So we are waiting, it seems long because we can't file for advanced parole since the visa was expired for over 180 days when we filed which according to the new law means if we leave while application is pending we risk no re-entry into the US and/or being exported for 10 years after receiving the green card.

Please post your PHILADELPHIA timelines here. Thanks!

Thanks for posting you experience to date - it was very helpful to me. I am just starting out and filed 130,485,Ap and EAD based on marriage to US citizen.

Filed under new procedure to Missouri - (reside in Philly area) on 12-3

Received NOA's dated 12-9 for all - showing Rec'd date of 12-6

Need to book my bio's today

My timeline is also behind yours:

Filed: May 2004
Received at NBC: June 1, 04
FP and bioshmetrics: July 20, 04

The web status says results of FP were received on July 29. Nothing since. Waiting for the interview as well...

On a side note - I did not apply for either the EAD or AP (I am on H1B and did not need an EAD; also did not anticipate traveling, but that was back when I hoped it would only take 6 mos. or so :)). I also thought (naively) that not applying for EAD/AP would speed up the whole thing.

Oh, forgot the details: married to USC in January of 04, filed I485/I130 concurrently through Philly's direct mail or whatever they call it.

FD: 9/21/2004
ND: 9/27/2004
FP+Bio: 10/26/04
EAD Approved: 11/30/04
AP: Approved: 01/13/05
I130/I485: Waiting - LUD 11/03/04

Interview date

Got my letter with the interview appointment. April 5.
Time to collect some dizocuments.

FD: 6/21/2004
ND: 7/1/2004
FP+Bio: 8/18/04
EAD Approved: 8/25/04
FP check Approved 8/30/2004
AP: Approved: N/A did not file
Interview: Waiting

Philly5 is about one month before me and just got a interview date, maybe I'm soon.

I'm still early in the process but here is timeline so far

Noa's = 12/9/04
Bio -1-26-05
EAD - 2-17-05 On line approval
Ap -2-17-05 - on line approval

Please keep this thread alive - it seems that average processing is approx 14 months at this time

my Timeline for AOS

Applied on 1/18/2005
Reciept dt 2/10/2005
EAD ???
AP ???

My case was files by my attorney in Philly, notice numbers starts with MSC

Welcome Vroom...In case you were not aware your filing actually went to the Chicago lockbox (new procedures since 12/1/04) If you have not already scheduled your Biometrics - do so asap - the first available booking for me was over one month. I had these done at the app support center in Philly - I had a 10am appt and waited over 2 hours - bring a good book! You may have better luck with an early appt.

Missouri issues the EAP and AP. The file will evently be sent back to Philly for the AOS interview. My EAD and AP seemed to be taking forever and well past the last chart from NBC. I did call the customer service line when I was 30 days past the AP processing dates from the chart. I don't know if this sparked the approval or it was just normal processing.

Good luck through this process - contine to post your timelines - it is so helpful to other.

jancdn said:
... it seems that average processing is approx 14 months at this time

That's not true. I was told to expect a 15-month or so wait, but my own case is under 11 months - submission to interview. I suppose it could take longer if something causes a delay with the name check or some other obstacle like that, but generally the Philly office has been moving faster than I expected.

That is good to hear - I was going by the Philly DO's chart on cases they are currently working on. The Feb report shows them working on Nov 03 cases. We don't hear alot from Philly fliers and I do hope your 11 month case is the norm ad not the exception. Recently my hubby went through Citizenship in Philly - he was processed exactly in accordence with the chart. We saw others get in before us - some in half the time. His was a very straightforward case - Canadian by birth - transferred to the US 12 years ago. became an LPR - employeed 30 years in the same company - top exec position.

From this experience, I learned that the timelines can be all over the map for no apparent reason. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we are as lucky as you!

Well, I only have knowledge of one other couple who just had their AOS interview -- about the same approximate wait, 10-11 months. Their case was entirely different than mine - K-3 or whatever the fiancee visa is called. But it appears to not matter that much for the waiting time...

Thank you very Much Jancdn! I took your advice and called up for Bio and FP
today!

Below is the current case status

Applied on 1/18/2005
Reciept dt 2/10/2005
Bio and FP 04/02/2005 (earliest interview date available)
EAD ???
AP ???

jancdn said:
Welcome Vroom...In case you were not aware your filing actually went to the Chicago lockbox (new procedures since 12/1/04) If you have not already scheduled your Biometrics - do so asap - the first available booking for me was over one month. I had these done at the app support center in Philly - I had a 10am appt and waited over 2 hours - bring a good book! You may have better luck with an early appt.
Hi jancdn,
My DO is Memphis and I will be applying soon for I-485 for my husband. So after receiving a receipt notice do we have to get an appointment for FP and Biometric? Does this applies to all DO??

Hi Amishah, You will have to make a fingerprint or "biometrics" appt as well. When you receive your filing receipt ("Notice of Action") it will give you a number to call -they will tell you where and when - hopefully your DO is quicker in getting a appt than ours and not as busy - I hear some lucky DO's have people in and out in 10 minutes. If you applied for an EAD as well - you will also get a receipt asking for you to do biometrics on this - they will schedule them both at the same time

Just read some recent Philly timelines from another forum re AOS Interview

Filed Nov 03 - Interview Feb 05
Filed May 04 - Interview Apr 05
Filed Aug 04 - Interview Feb 05
Filed Feb 04 - no interview notice yet

This is the same pattern (or lack of a pattern) I saw when hubby went through citizenship. Delays like FBI checks seem to cause a delay not in getting the interview but in the wait time in getting the card after the interview.

Hi,

I heard that we can as well do walk ins in some of the DO for FP and Bio I know some of my friends who did walk ins to get their FP and Bio done (employment based AOS).

Can family based AOS folks can do the same? I am being adviced by some of them who did walkins to do the same and not to wait till Appontment date. Any catch 22 in this scenarios?

thanks in advance!!