Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Guys, since our cases were transferred to Philly, we have no other updates on the web (except "on...we transferred your I485 to our office in Philadelphia for them to schedule and conduct the interview...bla bla). Is everybody else in the same situation? Where do you check status after it was transferred to the local office?

Unfortunately, you can't. Though I have received my PR card, my status in web still remains unchanged saying "your cases have been transferred..blah..blah". One thing you might want to do is call them and find out..Their tel. no (215)656-7176.

Transfer to local office

My case has been transferred from Vermont to local Philly office on september 2004.
I received the notice from Vermont but nothing from Philly that they received my case. Nothing until I got a letter for interview on September 2005 for interview in October 2005. I went to the interview.
I would recommend anybody to get their lawyer with them and any papers you may need at the interview. The officer is going from day one you enter the country until the interview date to fill blank.
you need to justify all your stay in the country and proove that you were legal the all time. Make sure you make all change of address when you move and also always renew your working permit. if you follow the rules, you should be fine.
But do not assume that your lawyer will tell you every document you need to bring so make sure you bring anything you may need to justify your legal stay. But your lawyer may no about new immigration regulation and help to fill some blanks, so make sure you give every detail of your case to your lawyer. Have a copy of all your case with you. when i was waiting for my interview a young guy was waiting for his lawyer who never show up for the interview and the guy didn't have any document to go through the interview alone.
My interview went well and I received my green card 2 weeks later in the mail.
Good luck to all

You are very fortunate deljaco to have your case closed at the time of the interview...some of us are stuck with the retrogression and are waiting for visa numbers to be available. And it seems that, even when numbers are available, nothing happens.

Any approvals from Philly this week guys? :(

pdramesh2000 said:
Unfortunately, you can't. Though I have received my PR card, my status in web still remains unchanged saying "your cases have been transferred..blah..blah". One thing you might want to do is call them and find out..Their tel. no (215)656-7176.

Thank you so much for the tel no. I can't wait for Monday morning to give them a call!

nothing happened to me also! :(
i want make an appointment through infopass to speak to an officer in Philly, don't know it will help or not. BTW, Bamba, when u went to interview, did they give u any letter or stamp anything to ur PP, for me, the officer didnt do anything, i just wonder maybe they totally forget what they said! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they didn't give us anything. He just said that everything looks ok but he cannot stamp PP because there is no visa available for our type of case. I want to schedule an infopass appt as well but first I am going to try and call the phone no pdramesh2000 gave us and see if I can find out anything at Philly office.

Gurus, do you have any idea why we didn't get any answer from them although we were current in February?

We just got an answer from Philly about an inquiry we made in March 2 about our cases. Apparently, we are "pending decisions"!!! Anybody knows what exactly does it mean?????????

i think that means they are making final dicision about ur case, u r almost there, BTW, where r u from? still no news for me.

bamba,

Apparently, i went through similar situations. "Pending Decisions" or "Officer Review Pending" cud mean the same thing. This means your file is complete and they are about to adjudicate. I had a situation like this for months before I wrote to Senator. This approach really helps. Why don't you give a try. You may write to one of the Pennsylvania Senators who can open a case file and follow-up.

Hello,

I'm in the similar situation as most of the people here. My case was also transfered to Philly local office, I had an interview in August 2005, since then I've been waiting for my priority date to become current. My PD, became current in FEB 2006,I used infopass several times, spoke with the officers there, and I get the same reply, that they're "pending decision" on my case, I don't know what else to do. Does contacting the PA Senators help at all? If so, how can I contact them? I would appreciate your reply.

Thank you

got another one! now there are three of us, u. bamba and me, all PD became current in Feb, all receive nothing, i went to Philly District office last week to speak to an officer, she said our case were pulled out yesterday(last Monday), and they are applying Visa for u, and u should receive an letter soon, but a week past, still nothing, i really dont know what to do, and i am worry about the EAD card will expire in May, dont know should i get it renew or not. Do u have any idea, and can i know where r u from? :rolleyes:

Thank you for providing me with this information, I sent an e- mail to Senator Santorum today. j_j2001 you wrote that you went to speak with an immigration officer at the local office, I have done the same thing several times, but I’m beginning to realize that it’s completely useless, last time I went there, I was asked to fill out a form to expedite my case, the officer told me that she would forward this form to the officer who interviewed me, and he would ultimately pull up my case to review it. It’s been more then two weeks, still haven’t heard anything so far, my last hope is the letter I sent to Senator today, we’ll see if this attempt has a positive outcome. Also about EAD, I renewed mine lat month, the way procession times are going who knows how long it will take to receive an approval letter. I’m in the rest of the world category, (Rep. of Georgia) I’m a beneficiary form my father’s case. He has already received his green card in November of 2005.

PD 04/18/01
EAD 3
Rest of the world (EB3)

Good luck to everyone

nina_c: Same PD as ours; we had interview in July 2005. I think we're all in the same boat.

I think I have great news for everybody. I just got a phone call today from Mr Harris in CIS Philadelphia. He said he reviewed both our cases today and we should be getting a letter (if we hadn't gotten one yet) in the next couple of days. Didn't specify what the outcome of the letter was! So I'll let everybody know what's going on. Another couple that I know with the same PD as us, similar case in every way got the same phone call from him 2 weeks ago and after 4 days received the approval letters.

And here is what you can do: call this phone number 215-255-4895; it's the AOS line. Leave a message with your A# and a phone number and they will call you back after they will check the status of your case. It will take a while for them to get back to you but they will!

I can only pray that we will get something in the mail in the next days and that it will be good news!! Waiting is killing :(

i just make a phone call to them, will it take a couple days for their response, or they will return a call in the same day?

it took almost 2 weeks until they got back to me. I almost lost hope at one point. But they do return the call. You just have to be patient.

thanks bamba, i read ur post again, then what i realize is when he reviewed ur case, it should be already approved and sent to another department to send letters to u, otherwise, he shouldnt say u should receive a letter if u havent got one, right? maybe today maybe tomorrow, u will get it, hope we all can get freedom soon.

hi, nina_c, do u find out anything yet? for me, still no news, and i start realize that talking to an officer maybe useless really. but what else should i do, i made an phone call to the Pilly District Office that bamba gived us, still waiting, if cant get any responce by the end of next week , i will try to contact the senator, dont know what should work finally.