Philadelphia Transfer Cases

interview notice without photo requirement

Hi everyone, I just received my interview notice on July 20th with officer A. The strange thing is that they did not require two photos. Have any one of you had the same case? I am EB3. I am thinking it is because I am under EB3 and they anyway are not going to approve my application on site due to the fact there is no visa available this fiscal year any more. But I am not sure. I saw several of you also got July interviews. Is there any EB3 like me? Anyway, good luck to you all and those who are still waiting.

ND: 02/2002
TD: 03/2005
ID: 07/2005
AD: ????

Interview with Officer G

Urgent: Interview Soon.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Though this is my first posting to this thread, I very much thank you all for posting such a valuable information. I am a readaholic of this thread and I value each of your experiences. Thanks for all the sharing...

I received an Interview date for July 12, 2005 and the letter mentioned that I will be interviewing with Officer G. Has anyone experienced this officer? Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated.

RD: June 2000
TD: June 2004
ID: July 2005

Thanks in advance....

-pgpy

Hello,

I have read somme post in this thread that you may not necessarily be interviewed by the assigned officer in your interview letter.

Take care!

nnepudem

PGPY said:
Urgent: Interview Soon.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Though this is my first posting to this thread, I very much thank you all for posting such a valuable information. I am a readaholic of this thread and I value each of your experiences. Thanks for all the sharing...

I received an Interview date for July 12, 2005 and the letter mentioned that I will be interviewing with Officer G. Has anyone experienced this officer? Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated.

RD: June 2000
TD: June 2004
ID: July 2005

Thanks in advance....

-pgpy

Please see my edited posting above
smile280 said:
dear hospital,
glad to hear about your interview experience, but at the same time i would like to ask you this, please if you could share, since your transfer date was in 2003, and interview in 2005, i am sure you know that is a very long time, for the local office to process the case, please could you tell me what did you do to make sure everthing was ok in last 2 years, did you call the 1-800 # , or did u take an infopass and enquire about the case, your must have seen a lot of people get their interview in 8-12 months, what did you do to make sure that your file is not lost or something, please it is imp for me, becasue even my case is in one of hte local office for over a year, and nothing has happened yet, and i have seen people getting interview from that office in 6 months or so, your answer would be appriceiate, and also what was the lawyer saying all this while for the delay

Interview with Officer G also

PGPM,

I wish I could read your post earlier...I will be interviewed by Officer G also. I have never heard any info through this net before. Anyone has info please do help us here...anything.
millions thanks!

bluesong

RD 6/02

Truman,

Glad to hear that more people are getting their interview letters. In my interview letter, two photos are not required either, although my case is EB2-NIW. I guess they will use the ones you sent when you submitted your I485. If you really worry about this, you can just take the pictures with you, just in case.

Nemessis, I sent you a private message, could you please reply it at your convenience? I appreciate your help.

bobbyren

truman said:
Hi everyone, I just received my interview notice on July 20th with officer A. The strange thing is that they did not require two photos. Have any one of you had the same case? I am EB3. I am thinking it is because I am under EB3 and they anyway are not going to approve my application on site due to the fact there is no visa available this fiscal year any more. But I am not sure. I saw several of you also got July interviews. Is there any EB3 like me? Anyway, good luck to you all and those who are still waiting.

ND: 02/2002
TD: 03/2005
ID: 07/2005
AD: ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Bobbyren. That is a relief. Looks like they are really speeding up with officers up to G ! I think I got my interview notice by calling the national customer service # to ask for a status inquiry. They did not respond to the first inquiry but a week after the second one, I received the letter. So for those who are still waiting, try this.

Passport stamped

Dear friends,

I Just finished the interview and passport stamped by officer O'Brien. We scheduled with Officer E. I think he said He substitutes the officer E. He is very nice. It is kind of relieve from this long immigration journey. I have to thank all of you guys in this forum, especially Rajiv S. Khanna. I got encouragement when I was in frustration.

Our interviews were straight forward and very simple. The officer just asked me the current offer letter, nothing else. And asked some basic questions like your date of birth, SSN, Phone # , home address and some of I-485 questions. The procedure is almost the same as hospitalist's thread.

Good Luck to you all!!

God Bless you!

nnepudem

nnepudem,

Congratulations to your approval. Hope that everything will go well with my interview next Tuesday as well. Although I have the same category (NIW) and similar TD as yours, my I485 ND is much later than yours (2 years later). Hopefully they have had my background check cleared, otherwise like PhillyJun and others I might need wait for longer time.

Good luck to those who are still waiting. We will be there ultimately.

bobby

dress code for interview

A question for those who have had their interviews. For this kind of interview, do you need to dress formally like a job interview or casual will be fine? Thank you.

Interviewed with Officer G

Hi All,

I was interviewed with Officer G (Mr. D Halloway). However, We did not get our passports stamped. He asked just the current employment letter and asked us to verify the address. After that, he told us that he is new to Phily and moved from LA. So, he needs to have his supervisor to approve. He said, we should receive approval letters in about 3 weeks time frame and then we have to go to USCIS office for passport stamping.

Has anyone had this kind of experience with any officer before?

Thanks in advance.

PGPY

truman said:
A question for those who have had their interviews. For this kind of interview, do you need to dress formally like a job interview or casual will be fine? Thank you.

We dressed formally. Not a requirement though....business casual would suffice. I have seen people with business casual attire.

Thanks!

Hi, PGPY,

I have a friend. He had the same situation as you. I was told that he got the letter 10 days latter.

Take care!

nnepudem

PGPY said:

Hi All,

I was interviewed with Officer G (Mr. D Halloway). However, We did not get our passports stamped. He asked just the current employment letter and asked us to verify the address. After that, he told us that he is new to Phily and moved from LA. So, he needs to have his supervisor to approve. He said, we should receive approval letters in about 3 weeks time frame and then we have to go to USCIS office for passport stamping.

Has anyone had this kind of experience with any officer before?

Thanks in advance.

PGPY

Thanks much for the reply. Has he been interviewed with the same officer G?

-PGPY

nnepudem said:
Hi, PGPY,

I have a friend. He had the same situation as you. I was told that he got the letter 10 days latter.

Take care!

nnepudem

Officer G

Hi PGPY,

I was just also with Officer G, and almost same story as yours. Could you let me know when you recieve your approvals?
Thanks!

bluesong

Interviewed--name check pending

Dear friends,

Just let you know that today both my wife and I were interviewed by Officer F at Philly Office. Everything was fine except my name check is pending at FBI, while my wife's name check was already cleared, so the officer did not stamp our passports. He said he will approve our cases once my name is cleared. He had no idea when it would be completed, but he did suggest us t make an INFO Pass appointment if we don't hear anything from their office in 6 months to find out the status. The officer just asked for EVL, payroll stubs, child's birth certificate and SSN. I saw all the docs when I filed our I485, which already includes tax returns, birth certificate, marriage certificate, and etc. The interview was conducted in 2nd floor, although you need to register your interview appointment in 3rd floor after you enter the building and have srcurity check. One thing I want to point out that don't use the stairs (just use the elevator) when you go to the 2nd floor from the 2nd floor. The door will be locked and you can not get to the 2nd floor.

pdramesh2000 and phillyjun, I know you had the similar situation as mine and were waiting for name check to be cleared. Did you get any progress on this issue since then? Please share your experience.

I don't know what I can do now and might just wait for a few months. Do you think I should contact a congressman or senator in my area?

bobby

bluesong said:
Hi PGPY,

I was just also with Officer G, and almost same story as yours. Could you let me know when you recieve your approvals?
Thanks!

bluesong

I will surely keep you updated once I receive the letter.

Can anyone let me know if they specify the date in the letter when we should attend USCIS next ? Planning to go on a vacation...so if they don't mention any particular date, I am planning to come back and attend using infopass...IFFFF I get the letter by then.

Thanks,
PGPY