Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Sunset1234,

I had my interview in March 2005....when this news was not around.

From what i comprehend, the last bus out from USCIS with approvals will be on June 30th. Until October 1st there will be no approvals for EB3.

Since you are in June you should see yourself riding one of those last approval bus, now that's assuming there is no other problem with your case and the officer is ready to approve on the day of your interview.

All the best and sure hope you see your approval next week, though feel sorry for many others who are waiting including nemesis who is waiting for his wife's approval.

update

sgi said:
...though feel sorry for many others who are waiting including nemesis who is waiting for his wife's approval ...

thx ... I'm back from a long vacation in several countries in Europe (though my wife had to use the AP to enter back) but the good news is that she received the interview, scheduled for July 6th ... don't know if this is related with the expiration date of her EAD (July 7th) ... I'll keep you informed, I didn't see the letter yet,
GL,
nemessis

Got the copy of the interview letter for my wife ... very similar with mine, the only difference is that she is assigned to officer F ??? So it is true that they have at least 6 officers for interview now. Did somebody here had the interview with this officer? Any info appreciated ...

Thx,
nemessis

Nemesis,

I don't think that the interview officer referred to by letter has any correlation with an actual person now, at least temporarily. I got officer "C" but was interviewed by someone else, at least as far as my lawyer and his friend said. They couldn't recognize any of the officers there. And the interview was on the 2nd floor not on the 3rd. Actually, my interview letter said 3rd floor, but when I went there was asked to go to the 2nd floor. Maybe it is because of the temporary officers that you get interviewed by whoever is handy.

On another topic...
How long did you have to wait for the actual card from the date of approval?

Thanks

Drajkuma thx,

After the interview usually in 3 weeks you'll get the card and the welcome notice. It's very fast these days. good luck,
nemessis

drajkuma said:
Nemesis,

I don't think that the interview officer referred to by letter has any correlation with an actual person now, at least temporarily. I got officer "C" but was interviewed by someone else, at least as far as my lawyer and his friend said. They couldn't recognize any of the officers there. And the interview was on the 2nd floor not on the 3rd. Actually, my interview letter said 3rd floor, but when I went there was asked to go to the 2nd floor. Maybe it is because of the temporary officers that you get interviewed by whoever is handy.

On another topic...
How long did you have to wait for the actual card from the date of approval?

Thanks

finally interview letter

Hi everybody,
I finally got an interview schedule on July21 for me and my wife and my daughter too. Thank you for your encouragement. It would have been much harder without your support.
I also have a concern about my EAD. I first went to Philly office to renew my 4th EAD, and the officer told me that I had to apply in Texas. So, Texas INS received my application on June01, and then they transferred to Philly office again. My EAD is due on July10. I won't be able to get it by then. What should I do for the interview?
THank you very much for your info.
Texan_PA

texan_Pa,

The problem is that if your EAD will expire, you cannot work after July 10th, so I advice you to talk to your attorney (if you have one). You can have problems during the interview or later ... without a valid EAD you're working illegaly, ... they will ask you during the interview if you worked after July 10th. Better to stay out of work for 10 days than get in trouble ...
nemessis

texan_pa said:
Hi everybody,
I finally got an interview schedule on July21 for me and my wife and my daughter too. Thank you for your encouragement. It would have been much harder without your support.
I also have a concern about my EAD. I first went to Philly office to renew my 4th EAD, and the officer told me that I had to apply in Texas. So, Texas INS received my application on June01, and then they transferred to Philly office again. My EAD is due on July10. I won't be able to get it by then. What should I do for the interview?
THank you very much for your info.
Texan_PA

Received interview notice

Hi all,

Got interview letter for my wife today and haven't seen mine yet since I was out of town for a while and have not checked my office mail yet. Scheduled on July 19 with Officer F.

I have one question that I might have asked before: my wife just got a job offer in Maryland this month and is working on EAD rght now, while I am still at Pennsylvania. Would this will be a problem for the interview since we are not living together? We have some jointed bank statements, tax returns, and apartment leases at both places, etc. Any other docments for this kind of situation?

Congratulations to texan_pa and nemessis for getting interview letters too. Hope that there will have more good news for those who are still waiting.

Bobbyren

Bobbyren,

My wife and me were living separately (different cities) in the last year and they transferred her application 6 weeks after mine. I had the interview on Apr 26th and she has it on July 6th (she has to come down from Boston). So it might be that you'll have different interview dates but if the cases were transferred at the same time you can have the same interview day. There should be no problem if she is working legally on EAD, but just in case take all the documents you mentioned with you,
good luck,
nemessis

bobbyren said:
Hi all,

Got interview letter for my wife today and haven't seen mine yet since I was out of town for a while and have not checked my office mail yet. Scheduled on July 19 with Officer F.

I have one question that I might have asked before: my wife just got a job offer in Maryland this month and is working on EAD rght now, while I am still at Pennsylvania. Would this will be a problem for the interview since we are not living together? We have some jointed bank statements, tax returns, and apartment leases at both places, etc. Any other docments for this kind of situation?

Congratulations to texan_pa and nemessis for getting interview letters too. Hope that there will have more good news for those who are still waiting.

Bobbyren

nemessis,

Thanks for your reply. Our cases were transferred to the local office at the same time, so hopefully I will get the interview letter as well.

Good luck to your wife's interview,
Xinrong

My Case file was transfered to Phila center last year

Hi,

My case file was transfered from Vermont ceter to Phila center last year, is there anything I can do to get a interview date or atleast a proper response from the local office, my last visit to the local office was on 11June 2005 and I was told I just have to wait.

Thx

Manish

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent: Interview Soon.....

Hi All,

Though this is my first posting to this thread, I very much thank you all for posting such a valuable information. I am a readaholic of this thread and I value each of your experiences. Thanks for all the sharing...

I received an Interview date for July 12, 2005 and the letter mentioned that I will be interviewing with Officer G. Has anyone experienced this officer? Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated.

RD: June 2000
TD: June 2004
ID: July 2005

Thanks in advance....

-pgpy

Guys,

Just to update you on my wife's interview: she had the interview yesterday and they stamped her passport ... same Qs like the ones posted before.
GL to all of you waiting,
nemessis

What is yor Catagory ?

nemessis said:
Guys,

Just to update you on my wife's interview: she had the interview yesterday and they stamped her passport ... same Qs like the ones posted before.
GL to all of you waiting,
nemessis

Congratulations on your wife's GC approval. By the way what catagory is the primary applicant [ EB3 or EB2 or EB1 or others ]. Is it a conditional stamping or regular stamping on the passport. Please explain clearly as most of the people on this site are eagarly waiting to here about EB3 approved cases after july 1.

Warm Regards

If you search for my posts you'll find the entire story.
Briefly:
EB2
PD: Jan 7, 2002
ND:July 22, 2003
TD (myself): Dec 8, 2004
TD (wife): Jan 31, 2005
AD (myself): Apr 26, 2005
AD (wife): July 6, 2005

Cheers,
nemessis

pacchacard said:
Congratulations on your wife's GC approval. By the way what catagory is the primary applicant [ EB3 or EB2 or EB1 or others ]. Is it a conditional stamping or regular stamping on the passport. Please explain clearly as most of the people on this site are eagarly waiting to here about EB3 approved cases after july 1.

Warm Regards

Approval

My greencard was approved. My wife's also approved at the same time.

I would like to share my experience. This forum provided me with lot of info and I am indebted to all contributors.

Details of my case

EB2 NIW, Physician, based on research
Submitted 1-140 in 2/2001, approved in 12/2001
I-485 submited in 3/2002
Transfer to phili in 10/2003
2nd FP on 2/2005
Interview on 7/2005

It did not like when my case was transferred to phili. I knew that people for waiting for a year. I waited 1-year after the transfer and wrote to Phili office enquiring on my case status. I do not know what helped, but I received my FP notice (first communication from phili). Then I wrote another letter after a month. I did not get a response. I called FBI number to make sure my finger prints are cleared (they usually clear them on same day). I sent a mail asking about security check (the e-mail address is somewhere in this forum). I did not get reply. I knew from web sites I waited more than my due share. I contacted my local senator's office who pursued the case vigorously. Even they could not get any response from phili office for a month, though they have a hot (phone) line with the INS office and kepy leaving messages. After a month, they directly contacted the Dept of home land security office in washingon DC (my senator has a important role with home land security). I do not know what exactly helped, but I received interview notices immediately after that.

There are some postings on what documents to take. I took all of them

1. Interview Notice-original
2. Drivers Licenses and Passport and I-94
3. All Receipt Notice and Approval Notice from INS
a. RIR Approval Notice: not applicable in my case
b. I-140 Approval Notice - Original Copy
c. I-485 Receipt Notice - Original Copy
d. I-485 Transfer Notice
4. Employment Letter for Primary applicant
5. Pay Stubs for Primary applicant for the Past 6 Months
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Birth Certificate
8. Federal Income Tax for Year 2001, 2002 and 2003, 2004 and W-2s
9. Evidence of Bona Fides of Marital Union
a. Join Banking Account
b. Mortgage Statement
c. Insurance Policy
d. Photographs
e. Baby Birth Certificate and SSN
10. Copies of All Foreign Travel Documents
a. EAD
b. AP
11. Spouse’s Employment Evidence or Other Document to Prove Currently in Status
a. Employment Letter
b. Pay Stubs
c. H1-B Copy
12. SSN Card
13. All University Diploma
14. All I-485 Filing Document
15. All Bills to prove current address
16. All I-20s
17. Finger print documents (issued by ASC after finger printing)
18. Copy of medical exam and x-rays if any

Also take copies with you to give to officer.

I also asked my lawyer to accompany me. Now, I feel it is not required if your case is staright forward and you have nothing to hide. the lawyer will be behind you; you have to answer all the questions.

Interview experience

We went few hours early than the scheduled time to philadelphia to avoid traffic delays. There are several parking spots around the INS office. You will be only allowed inside, only 1/2 hour before your appointment. I found a small shop (parked van) with photocopying, notary, fax facility parked near by.

There was a baggage and person security check. No eatables will be allowed inside.

we waited for half hour and then was called by officer C. From previous postings we knew that she is a chinese woman. She is extremely pleasant, spoke in chinese english accent which was a bit hard to understand. Everything went smoothly. Both my wife and I were interviewed togather. Initially she took our signatures and finger prints and then in her office, administered oath (that we will tell truth). She asked for:

1. Employment letter
2. Pay stubs-copies
3. copy of w2 forms
4. EAD's for both of us
5. Passport, I-94 for both
6. Original birth certificate for both
7. Marriage certificate original and copy
8. Birth certificate of my child
9. photos (optional, she said)

Then she said, that everything is in order and our priority date is current and security check is completed. She stamped our passports for 1-year and said our cards will come in due course. The whole interview took just 30 minutes.

Some tips
1. Be truthful when answering questions. What you think is important and causing anxiety may not be important to them. They look at the big picture. If they think you lied under oath, that will be a felony charge.
2. Answer specific to their questions and do not volunteer any information or documents.

I hope this information helps.

Good luck to you all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Hospitalist,

Thank you very much for the information. Enjoy your freedom in the US.

nnepudem

hospitalist said:
My greencard was approved yesterday after the interview. My wife's also approved at the same time.

I would like to share my experience. This forum provided me with lot of info and I am indebted to all contributors.

Details of my case

EB2 NIW, Physician, based on research
Submitted 1-140 in 2/2001, approved in 12/2001
I-485 submited in 3/2002
Transfer to phili in 10/2003
2nd FP on 2/2005
Interview on 7/2005

There are some postings on what documents to take. I took all of them

1. Interview Notice-original
2. Drivers Licenses and Passport and I-94
3. All Receipt Notice and Approval Notice from INS
a. RIR Approval Notice: not applicable in my case
b. I-140 Approval Notice - Original Copy
c. I-485 Receipt Notice - Original Copy
d. I-485 Transfer Notice
4. Employment Letter for Primary applicant
5. Pay Stubs for Primary applicant for the Past 6 Months
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Birth Certificate
8. Federal Income Tax for Year 2001, 2002 and 2003, 2004 and W-2s
9. Evidence of Bona Fides of Marital Union
a. Join Banking Account
b. Mortgage Statement
c. Insurance Policy
d. Photographs
e. Baby Birth Certificate and SSN
10. Copies of All Foreign Travel Documents
a. EAD
b. AP
11. Spouse’s Employment Evidence or Other Document to Prove Currently in Status
a. Employment Letter
b. Pay Stubs
c. H1-B Copy
12. SSN Card
13. All University Diploma
14. All I-485 Filing Document
15. All Bills to prove current address
16. All I-20s
17. Finger print documents (issued by ASC after finger printing)
18. Copy of medical exam and x-rays if any

Also take copies with you to give to officer.

I also asked my lawyer to accompany me. Now, I feel it is not required if your case is staright forward and you have nothing to hide. the lawyer will be behind you; you have to answer all the questions.

Interview experience

We went few hours early than the scheduled time to philadelphia to avoid traffic delays. There are several parking spots around the INS office. You will be only allowed inside, only 1/2 hour before your appointment. I found a small shop (parked van) with photocopying, notary, fax facility parked near by.

There was a baggage and person security check. No eatables will be allowed inside.

we waited for half hour and then was called by officer C. From previous postings we knew that she is a chinese woman. She is extremely pleasant, spoke in chinese english which was a bit hard to understand. Everything went smoothly. Both my wife and I were interviewed togather. Initially she took our signatures and finger prints and then in her office, administered oath (that we will tell truth). She asked for:

1. Employment letter
2. Pay stubs-copies
3. copy of w2 forms
4. EAD's for both of us
5. Passport, I-94 for both
6. Original birth certificate for both
7. Marriage certificate original and copy
8. Birth certificate of my child
9. photos (optional, she said)

Then she said, that everything is in order and our priority date is current and security check is completed. She stamped our passports for 1-year and said our cards will come in due course.

Some tips
1. Be truthful when answering questions. What you think is important and causing anxiety may not be important to them. They look at the big picture. If they think you lied under oath, that will be a felony charge.
2. Answer specific to their questions and do not volunteer any information or documents.

I hope this information helps.

Good luck to you all!!

Congratulations to hospitalist and nemessis for your approvals! Thank hospitalist very much for your detailed interview experience. This will be very help for those who are going to have interviews soon. Looks to me the Philly office is speeding up their I485 processing.

Good luck to texanpa and nnepuden for their interviews in the following week. As usual, please share your experience with us after your interviews. Thanks.

bobbyren

dear hospital,
glad to hear about your interview experience, but at the same time i would like to ask you this, please if you could share, since your transfer date was in 2003, and interview in 2005, i am sure you know that is a very long time, for the local office to process the case, please could you tell me what did you do to make sure everthing was ok in last 2 years, did you call the 1-800 # , or did u take an infopass and enquire about the case, your must have seen a lot of people get their interview in 8-12 months, what did you do to make sure that your file is not lost or something, please it is imp for me, becasue even my case is in one of hte local office for over a year, and nothing has happened yet, and i have seen people getting interview from that office in 6 months or so, your answer would be appriceiate, and also what was the lawyer saying all this while for the delay

Updated Philly tracker

Here is the philly tracker I have now. Please post your case info and add into the tracker, especially for those cases transferred in 2005.

bobbyren