Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Sunset1234,

Your PD is way past the cut off dates so you should get stamped the day you have the interview. Assuming there are no other problems.Check the current dates at
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/2005-05.html
Seems like Philly office is in full steam, you got interview call within weeks of the transfer...good for you. There were days when many waited for years.

I was interviewed by officer "A". Short 5ft. 5in guy. Fast, thorough and friendly. As stated in the previous post keep copies of all documents that are employment based (EVL, W2, tax returns , pay stubs). He verified originals of all documents we submitted and those that were already submitted (like birth certificates, DL) except the degrees. Submit originals of I-94, EAD and AP.

Engaged us in conversation about weather and septa and just threw in questions in-between like the current address, the date we were married, how many AP's did we apply in total. All in all relax you should be walking out with an approval.

If everything looks good and you are ready for approval the officer will go away(leaving you alone in the room) to verify if visa number is available. This is just checking your PD against the current cut off dates.

Disclaimer: Officer's may change due to various reasons, so use this information accordingly.

is it ok to get 3 paystub copies? I get bi-weekly......so that will be 3 sets of 2 weeks each.

Take you recent 3 paystubs receive from the date of interview. Since your EVL will the date you started with the company, you should be fine. That's what I did.

sgi

sgi, when were you interviewed?
did anyone else have 'officer A'?

in general, do the officers change or you guys have noticed track of same officers at same numbers?

thanks.
Sunset1234.
:eek:

Sunset1234,

I was interviewed March 11th '05. Between March-May the officers seemed to be the same, but could be they are rotated in some fixed time period...maybe not....replies from others should help.

This is what i found over the past 3 months
Officer A --- 5ft 5 in guy
Officer B --- ???? did not remember anybody post here with info
Officer C --- Asian lady
Officer D --- Tall super-super-quick guy.

One common thing, all are friendly and are not the kinds we usually come to think of over the years of waiting. Subsequent to my interview I have some (only some) sympathy for these officers both locally and at service centers.

Get your wedding dates right, if they happen to be different on paper and the actual religious ceremony. I was so used to remembering the religious ceremony date in order to please my spouse yearly (read with surprise gifts ;) ) that i nearly babbled the wrong date :eek: before my spouse stepped in to correct.....that was one time i loved saying dates in mm-dd-yy format :)

Good luck and relax....been there so know how it feels.

Last edited by a moderator:
we got welcome letter today. interviewed by officer D on 5/17. He was very quick. Took us only 5 minutes.
good luck to everybody .

It is called Welcome Notice, similar to other INS notices. It says you are welcome to US as a permenent resident, and you will recieved your PR card in 3 weeks.

I do not see I-485 approval notice. Should I receive an approval notice?

greenworld :

Here's a customary Congratulations to you!

Good to know that you reached the finish line.

sgi

Got it!

My case was transferred to Philly in Oct 04. Wife's transfer did not take place until March 17th. Got a Interview Notice late April for a June 7th interview. Application was for a "future employer" who started the process in 2001. Was pretty apprehensive about the interview, so I got my lawyer to attend the interview. Standard questions, standard replies, usual docs: Passports, I-94, EAD, AP, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Employer letter, Taxes and Paystubs. The process was pretty swift and straightforward compared to the wait in the waiting-room, which had no A/C, for more than an hour.

My lawyer found a friend who briefed him that they increased the adjuticators to a count of almost 20 in the Philly office to clear backlogs. Can't attest to that, but I certainly saw more than 8. He said that they were temporarily here, on loan from some other Service Centers. All in all, it looks pretty good for those of you still waiting as help is already in.

#: EAC031015****
#: EAC031015****
RD: Sometime in Feb 03 (I - 485)
Couple of RFE's
TD: Oct/04 (Spouse Mar/05)
ID: Jun/7/05
AD: Jun/7/05

drajkuma Congratutions for your approval!

I also went to phily office for interview today. The whole process
went through smoothly and officr C was wery nice and just asked some general questions. the ducuments she asked were EVL, Tax information.
But our case were not approved because the pendind security check.She told us upon the security check arrived, She were going to approve our case.
She did tell us that they already received out fingerpring. So I don't know
what else is for security check? How can we check the status of the security
check?
Anyone has any idea?

drajkuma,
When you did your FP.? I guess security check start from the
time you you did your FP. My FP did Nov. last year.

Thanks

Did our FP twice. First time was in April 2003, second was in Aug 2004.

I had been to the Philly office in Feb 2005 for my EAD and at that time the officer told me that everything had cleared and they were just waiting for my wife's file to come from VSC. My wife's file got transferred in March and we got the Interview Notice by the end of April. From that I gather that it took about 6-7 months for the post FP stuff to get done for me.

Hope yours gets done soon.

Dan

hello drajkuma, i sent you a private message. Would appreciate if you can reply back. I think one has to check the pvt. msgs. on the site as they don't get emailed to you.

thanks in advance.
Sunset1234.

EB3 applicants read on -- Very Important

Bad news, EB3 friends. Current visa bulleting indicates that EB3 has reached the annual limit and there will be no visa number available for EB3 until Oct05. This will affect ALL EB3 applicants, not only Indian/Chinese/PHL. The fact is that they are allocating all available visa numbers in EB3 to Schedule A (Nurses) applicants in response to a recent congress amendment. Looks like there is no independence day celebration for Boddam and me this summer. Instead I am looking forward to a pumpkin pie already. My I-485 was filed in Nov, 2002, and very likely it will have cost me THREE years for 485 alone !!

Correct.

Sunset1234 said:
so does this mean that after the interview, EB3 won't get the stamp in their passports or what? :confused:

If you are EB3, your case won't be approved and your passport won't be stamped until visa numbers become available again. The 28.6% quota for EB3 in FY2005 has been reached. Starting from Oct05, visa numbers will be available using FY06 quota. However, that does not necessarily mean that you will be approved automatically when calendar turns Oct 1. As the bulletin says, it is currently impossible to estimate future cutoff dates, i.e. a total stop, and even a retrogression is technically probable. Everything is totally up to the Department of State. I don't like it either, but fact is fact. All you can do is to hang in there. Good luck.

Sunset1234 said:
my interview is on 24th June. So I'm wondering if it really affects me!!??
:eek: :eek: :( :mad:

I just found your posting about your PD, which is Dec 2001. With that in mind, it is likely your case will be approved, if everything else is okay. Good luck!

Pictures

Hello, what kind of pictures are needed at the time of the interview. I mean the side shot or the regular shot? what size?

thanks!
;)

Happened to visit this site today and was upset to learn about visa unavailability starting July 1st.

Sunset1234: I did not take any photographs as my lawyer said USCIS will use the one submitted during I-485 filing. I did receive my card with that younger looking photograph submitted years ago. ;)

If you do not feel comfortable with the idea of not taking photographs then you should take the front facing photograph since that's the USCIS standard.

Hear (read) it from the horse's mouth at http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02photo_release.pdf